What's new

My Dream to become a Commission Officer

Muzammil87

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hello first of all I'am 16 years old and living in Pakistan. From a very young age i wanted join any Pakistan Force and become a commission officer. Though i like Navy specifically but any force will do. I was physically fit and everything till i become a book-worm from Class 8, Im very good at studies and have done my Matriculation in 92% Marks from Federal Board. Now that I've been academically stable I'am not physically stable. It is almost like I'm not made for any Pakistan Force, I have knock knees, gynecomastia and weak eyesight due to my stupidity, I never really paid attention to that until i saw the Pakistan Forces Medical Requirements, I wanted to ask what would be best for me? Keep studying more or make myself physically fit by doing hard work (it will require alot of hardwork), and if it doesn't work out in the end my chances will be very low on becoming a successful person in future. What are my chances? Can i still become an Aeronautical Engineer? Should i pick something else as a career for my future? What would be best for me? Your answers are really appreciated,
Thanks.

Hello first of all I'am 16 years old and living in Pakistan. From a very young age i wanted join any Pakistan Force and become a commission officer. Though i like Navy specifically but any force will do. I was physically fit and everything till i become a book-worm from Class 8, Im very good at studies and have done my Matriculation in 92% Marks from Federal Board. Now that I've been academically stable I'am not physically stable. It is almost like I'm not made for any Pakistan Force, I have knock knees, gynecomastia and weak eyesight due to my stupidity, I never really paid attention to that until i saw the Pakistan Forces Medical Requirements, I wanted to ask what would be best for me? Keep studying more or make myself physically fit by doing hard work (it will require alot of hardwork), and if it doesn't work out in the end my chances will be very low on becoming a successful person in future. What are my chances? Can i still become an Aeronautical Engineer? Should i pick something else as a career for my future? What would be best for me? Your answers are really appreciated,
Thanks.
Hey if it is not too weak, perhaps you can join the engineering arms/departments of any of the services. First you have to contact PAF academy and see when they start induction for CAE engineering course. It normally runs in parallel with long course for GD pilots and you spend some time in CAE Risalpur together with them initially and then you're taught engineering courses separately. However, it is pretty hard... in addition to tough studies, you have to be physically strong and be ready for rigorous training. Though lately, I heard the environment has become better but still it is a military institution and it has all the bells and whistles .. you may have to stand outside in the cold in the winter if some senior gets angry :D.. It is a pretty tough place ... not scaring but just telling you some truth and it is just the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:
Hey if it is not too weak, perhaps you can join the engineering arms/departments of any of the services. To become become an aeronautical engineer you have to contact PAF academy and see when they start induction for CAE engineering course. It normally runs in parallel with long course for GD pilots and you spend some time in CAE Risalpur together with them initially and then you're taught engineering courses separately. However, it is pretty hard... in addition to tough studies, you also have to be physically strong be ready for for rigorous training. Though lately, I heard the environment has become better but still it is a military institution and it has all the bells and whistles .. you may have to stand outside in the cold in the winter if some senior gets angry :D.. It is a pretty tough place ... not scaring but just telling you some truth and it is just the tip of the iceberg.
The medical requirements are same for CAE as for GD course. There is a bit relaxation for eyesight but it should be within a certain limit. Knock knees and flat feet would not accepted as well as overweight or any other disability. It is as tough as GDP.After initial test and medical , you will have to pass through same ISSB course just like for any other commissioned post.

Thanks.
Knock knees can also be due to overweight.Try to loose weight and then try. Eyesight weakness can be relaxed for engineering branch if within a limit I think less than 2 .

Thanks.

Muzammil, every person is born for a specific role to play in their lives. As we do not have any means to find out the exact role in our life, so we have to have Tawwakkul on our ALLAH ALIMIGHTY as to what HE plans for us and work hard in the role that has been chosen for us by HIM.

For example, I always wanted to be an Architect but eventually became a Naval Aviator. ALLAH has been kind.

There are so many of us who do not join the Armed Forces and still work for Pakistan in other capacities.

You seem to be an intelligent person, so I would advise you to stay focused on your vision to serve for Pakistan in any capacity you get.

Keep working hard in your academics and become a Aerospace Engineer or Nuclear Physicist/scientist and join the defenders of Pakistan in a role where you will be able to serve them better. NUST has some great UG/Masters programs which you can consider.

Also physical fitness is important for a person in whichever field he is, keep yourself physically fit also.

As for physical fitness, get some professional help from personal trainers etc.!! You’re young, so within a couple of years you should be OK!!! Be careful with your diet too!!!

For eyes, try FEMTO LASIK. Go to an orthopedics and try some exercises for Flat foot etc You still have time left. You will get whatever is better for u
Thanks.

Thanks.
We have plenty of soldiers but very afew scientists/scholars , our nation needs brilliant minds like yours more than anything else. By achieving academic excellence you can become force behind the force.

Muzammil, every person is born for a specific role to play in their lives. As we do not have any means to find out the exact role in our life, so we have to have Tawwakkul on our ALLAH ALIMIGHTY as to what HE plans for us and work hard in the role that has been chosen for us by HIM.

For example, I always wanted to be an Architect but eventually became a Naval Aviator. ALLAH has been kind.

There are so many of us who do not join the Armed Forces and still work for Pakistan in other capacities.

You seem to be an intelligent person, so I would advise you to stay focused on your vision to serve for Pakistan in any capacity you get.

Keep working hard in your academics and become a Aerospace Engineer or Nuclear Physicist/scientist and join the defenders of Pakistan in a role where you will be able to serve them better. NUST has some great UG/Masters programs which you can consider.

Also physical fitness is important for a person in whichever field he is, keep yourself physically fit also.
Best advice :)

@Irfan Baloch @Qutb-ud-din Aybak @Signalian u guys should help him.

Thanks.
if u want to work on aircrafts take admission in air university/NUST and u will go through.

i can help you out, better email me with your weak points and brief details at msaad161741@gmail.com with your name.
"Nothing can stop you from getting, WHAT YOU WERE EXACTLY MADE FOR" (if you have intentions to work hard for it)

I highly appreciate all the help i got,
I treasure all of yours valuable advice.
I like the idea of becoming an Aerospace Engineer, I've noticed that i have interest in Space and Astronomy, Though im very good at chemistry too i can be a chemist or a Metallurgical Engineer. But the chances of becoming one in Pakistan is very low because not many universities offer courses like that, Some of the universities do offer some decent quality education in that demand, But majority of the seats in those "high class" universities are for rich people only because you know "money". Correct me if I am wrong i still do not know much about our Pakistani Universities but that's what i have heard or (saw) personally.
If i work hard enough i can meet Pakistan's Armed Forces Medical Requirements but that is gonna require me alot of hard work. As i said it will also mess with my studies up and i may not be able to maintain my studies, Im still confused on what should i do or what should i not. Navy was always like a dream for me, Guess working hard is all there's left. ALLAH will do better for all of us (InshAllah), Goodluck i'll update this thread after 3-5 years explaining my story (if i succeed in Joining Navy).
Khuda Hafiz,

I highly appreciate all the help i got,
I treasure all of yours valuable advice.
I like the idea of becoming an Aerospace Engineer, I've noticed that i have interest in Space and Astronomy, Though im very good at chemistry too i can be a chemist or a Metallurgical Engineer. But the chances of becoming one in Pakistan is very low because not many universities offer courses like that, Some of the universities do offer some decent quality education in that demand, But majority of the seats in those "high class" universities are for rich people only because you know "money". Correct me if I am wrong i still do not know much about our Pakistani Universities but that's what i have heard or (saw) personally.
If i work hard enough i can meet Pakistan's Armed Forces Medical Requirements but that is gonna require me alot of hard work. As i said it will also mess with my studies up and i may not be able to maintain my studies, Im still confused on what should i do or what should i not. Navy was always like a dream for me, Guess working hard is all there's left. ALLAH will do better for all of us (InshAllah), Goodluck i'll update this thread after 3-5 years explaining my story (if i succeed in Joining Navy).
Khuda Hafiz,

You can join any govt. engineering institute campus under university of engineering and technology/ nust/gik if you reside in Punjab or want to study there. They have wide range of programs, and your info is not correct regarding that it's only for rich, if you work hard you can easily get in to any university with good reputation and programs. Good luck with your goals, and remember always dream big and believe that you can achieve it and one day you will.

Back
Top Bottom