What's new

My conventional warfare Top 10 rankings.

I think we should not considers grouping as such because we have seen nations usually get involved in wars if there is direct concern or impact on their nations case in point is Ukrain, Turkey or even Israel of course we can count of indirect support.

here is my Top 10 rating as per conventional strength:

USA ... No argument here might be 100 or more times capable then next country.
China --- Growing economy giving them enough space to invest in new tech and also modernize rapidly
Russia --- No match for old Soviet MIC but getting some new steam so will stay here for long time
France --- advanced MIC and tech. only second to USA, can increase production in case of emergency
Japan --- same as France but lacks in some strategic sectors
India --- too much numbers to ignore, MIC getting some much needed cash
UK --- has good tech. but too much interdependence on USA makes them vulnerable in case supply lines are cut
ROK --- touching standard of West in MIC, investing is right places will take over UK soon
Turkey --- interdependence/collaboration with NATO has infused western tech in Turkish MIC with good enough no
Israel -- same case as UK but has enough numbers to counter also has home grown spillover MIC only constraint is area

I think we should not considers grouping as such because we have seen nations usually get involved in wars if there is direct concern or impact on their nations case in point is Ukrain, Turkey or even Israel of course we can count of indirect support.

here is my Top 10 rating as per conventional strength:

USA ... No argument here might be 100 or more times capable then next country.
China --- Growing economy giving them enough space to invest in new tech and also modernize rapidly
Russia --- No match for old Soviet MIC but getting some new steam so will stay here for long time
France --- advanced MIC and tech. only second to USA, can increase production in case of emergency
Japan --- same as France but lacks in some strategic sectors
India --- too much numbers to ignore, MIC getting some much needed cash
UK --- has good tech. but too much interdependence on USA makes them vulnerable in case supply lines are cut
ROK --- touching standard of West in MIC, investing is right places will take over UK soon
Turkey --- interdependence/collaboration with NATO has infused western tech in Turkish MIC with good enough no
Israel -- same case as UK but has enough numbers to counter also has home grown spillover MIC only constraint is area
Turkey shouldn't be above Israel.... Israels Airforce wipes the floor with Turkeys.... Turkey is out of the F-35 programme.

This is just ranked hardware superiority. There's far too many variables unaccounted for. To list a few:

- Training
- Intelligence (HUMINT/SIGINT)
- Strategic and Tactics planning / implementation
- Size of armed forces
- Terrain familiarity
- Battle hardiness
- Alliances

The relatively low-equipped Pakistani forces won decisively against the TTP while the US military behemoth failed against the Afghan Taliban.

That's why these rankings are mainly BS;no offense OP! eg,how do you factor in morale in battlefield performance?

That's why these rankings are mainly BS;no offense OP! eg,how do you factor in morale in battlefield performance?

Uncle Mo is fickle and comes and goes as he pleases.

you can't determine Uncle Mo. because you never know what morale there will be on a battlefield. as each person has there own morale or lack of regardless of their current. also morale doesn't always win or lose you a war or battle.

Example the Soldiers in the U.S. Army don't have low Morale about Afghanistan and are in fact overwhelmingly want to go and fight more. but the U.S.A. has lost in Afghanistan even though it Military has a high Morale and has never lost a battle. hell the american ppl have forgotten the conflict is still going on.

but the U.S. has lost anyway.

That why i don't rank or can i truly know the morale of a army. instead i strictly used the level of their training.

but good question.

1.USA
2.Russia
3 .China
4. India
5.France
6.UK
7.Japan
8.Turkey
9.South Korea
10.Germany

Back