What's new

My car seized by rangers.. what to do?

taify

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hello,
My car been seized by rangers around 2 weeks back, with car. Reason: there were 'licensed' weapon. My friend had taken the car, and we weren't aware of the weapons.
They also arrested few people but they've been let go since. However, they're not releasing the car. They keep on asking for papers and more papers. Lastly, they asked for CPLC clearance, and once we gave it they are like.. we don't consider it .. we want something else.
When we ask what? they are like.. kal aana! been going on for more than two weeks.

The car is in possession of some colonel.

Can anyone guide me on which route to go? I really like our armed forces to believe that something like this could happen.

P.S: Wasn't too sure where to post it, so did it here.

Hope to see a response doon!

Stop carrying weapons around in your car! Licensed or not! You do realize that there are target killings that are happening in the city. They have every right to suspect you as one of them and give you a hard time

your car is being used and being used badly...even if you get it back you will spend a lot on repairs..
best thing will be to approach ranger superiors who ever they are...
Take all the documentation you presented with you and ask them to go the legal way.
what car it was btw..? if it was a toyota new model its definitely being thrashed on the roads....

@wakapdf: Are you on hashish?

LICENSED WEAPONS ARE FOR SELF PROTECTION. read the control clause "LICENSED", you're allowed to carry them with the requisite permits.

@on topic: What has happened to our armed forces? I see it becoming a state within a state!

Weapons in car and Karachi don't go together.

First, it's your fault that your friend was driving a car which was not registered to his name and carrying weapons which were not registered to his name either. (Even if they were, carrying firearm is wrong).

Now that the car has been seized, do as the Colonel says. Complete the S.O.P and then you'll get your car back. If the Colonel is however in mood of some bribe, you can come back here again, I'll give you my E-Mail address and you give me his name and proof of asking for something for pocket in return for car. He will land in trouble.

There is no more assistance we can give you.

@wakapdf: Are you on hashish?

LICENSED WEAPONS ARE FOR SELF PROTECTION. read the control clause "LICENSED", you're allowed to carry them with the requisite permits.

@on topic: What has happened to our armed forces? I see it becoming a state within a state!

Although i condemn what happened to OP..
But Rangers are hard pressed to increase Patrols and do more..But funds are very limited..That is one reason why people's cards are kept for long times when opportunity arises and used for Ranger Patrols,travel,transport......

Contact Centcom to put pressure on rangers through USA govt vias Pak Govt/PA to release your car.....

Although i condemn what happened to OP..
But Rangers are hard pressed to increase Patrols and do more..But funds are very limited..That is one reason why people's cards are kept for long times when opportunity arises and used for Ranger Patrols,travel,transport......

I don't know if the Rangers/FC/Army does that but police certainly does.
My uncle's motorbike got stolen in Lahore and he complained the police. He got his bike back after a month when two policemen drove that to his home with 1KG of sweets. The bike was in terrible condition (it was new happened a week after he bought it). After some investigation it came to knowledge that the bike was recovered a day after it was stolen and used by policemen of other department for official use. He lodged a complain against this action; I have no idea what happened next but I think police talked him over it and did nothing.

@Last Hope # 9:

Well, at least it never happened before with the Army, that's what shocked me.

no need to carry weapons in the car, licensed or not....you should also always be aware of the contents you are carrying....whether its weapons or anything else.

get in contact with the rangers, bring all paperworks like license and registration (unless you left those in the car)

im sure they'll make u pay a "fine" to get it released

Do not carry weapons in the car whatsoever, even If you have a lot of money.

My Pathan gunman was out running errands for my father when anti-terrorism task force stopped him. They suspected him to be a militant, and we had to go through hell and pay lots of money, and make contact with some higher ups to get him released.

All they want is some money. Get your car back ASAP, you need to bribe them. They want you to, its obvious.

If you delay it, your car might not be in a condition to be driven anymore. India+Pakistan+Bangladesh = Choron ka adda

Hello,
My car been seized by rangers around 2 weeks back, with car. Reason: there were 'licensed' weapon. My friend had taken the car, and we weren't aware of the weapons.
They also arrested few people but they've been let go since. However, they're not releasing the car. They keep on asking for papers and more papers. Lastly, they asked for CPLC clearance, and once we gave it they are like.. we don't consider it .. we want something else.
When we ask what? they are like.. kal aana! been going on for more than two weeks.

The car is in possession of some colonel.

Can anyone guide me on which route to go? I really like our armed forces to believe that something like this could happen.

P.S: Wasn't too sure where to post it, so did it here.

Hope to see a response doon!

Oh Bhai....Paihee nikal ke moonh pe maar unke....dekh gaddi 2 minute main kaise milti hai......yeh sab sale ek jaise hi hote hain...Pakistan ho ya Hindustan.

My dad won't bribe.. he isn't the kind who does!

The colonel just keeps asking for more and more documents, and when we provide the said he asks for more or comes back with the "yeh hum nahin mantay" and when we ask what exactly he wants.. we receive the classic, "kal aana"

I am afraid I'd get back a trashed car now. This is just frustrating. We've seen it on screen and it's now playing all in front of us. Makes me hate the system!
If it is justified then fine. If they want a certain fine, we'll pay it. We did the wrong thing (there was no-weapon clause that day) so we are willing to pay the fine for it. Dammit, do it how it is done!

It was a newly bought Vitz... not the latest model, but still. Just got it in Ramadan and it's gone!
I wouldn't have hated if they were doing it the right way. They haven't given any reason for keeping it. They just keep saying aap yeh la dain hum day daingy, and never clear what they want!

Back
Top Bottom