What's new

My assertions coming true!

A-Team

Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
As I explained in my earlier posts regarding the implications of the Kunduz episode, where I clearly attributed this episode as nothing more but a clever San Tzu operation by the Afghan security council to side line militas and attract long term commitment from the US and international community.

Here you go, confirming my assertions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/14/w...ing-pullout-in-afghanistan-officials-say.html

PS : When soldiers stay, it brings more training, requirements, money and gives the NUG the breathing time to strengthen its institutions. I wonder where the Tali rats run next fighting season when the ANSF has stronger air force and still thousands of international soldiers in the country. " Negotiate now or die like rats"

Some parts from the article:

The insurgents are now spread through more of Afghanistan than at any point since 2001, according to the United Nations, and last month they seized the city of Kunduz with only a few hundred fighters. At the same time, Al Qaeda operatives are still finding havens in the mountains of Afghanistan, and the Islamic State has gained a toeholdby recruiting disaffected Taliban, opening a treacherous new chapter in the war.

Still, Mr. Obama and some of his closest advisers remain skeptical of the military’s ability to continue training and advising Afghan forces, other officials said. Building the Afghan Army and police was the main imperative of American-led coalition for much of the past five years, and it has cost the United States more than $65 billion since the war’s outset. Yet even with roughly 17,000 NATO troops still on the ground — including the 9,800 Americans — the Taliban still managed last month to take Kunduz, seizing a city for the first time since 2001.

Afghan forces struggled to retake Kunduz, despite American airstrikes clearing a path and American Special Operations forces at times joining the fight
. The city appeared to be back in government hands on Tuesday for the first time in more than two weeks after the Taliban said they were pulling out in order to avoid, as they said in a statement, the “unnecessary waste of ammunition.”

Yet, as American critics of a continued military presence in Afghanistan readily point out, Mr. Ghani is not popular among Afghans. And the problems in his government — like corruption and incompetence — run so deep that fixing them will take years, possibly decades.

Where is the proclaimed victorious strategy?

Some parts from the article:

Where is the proclaimed victorious strategy?

Seems you read the whole article without understanding the bigger picture, what you pointed are just "Noise" the main news is that the US will leave the same number of troops in Afghanistan, with troops comes money and training for the ANSF and the guarantee for the the Afghan state. No US troops = no training = no money for the ANSF

The current plan to was to remove all the troops by the end of year.

ANF forces are expected to give their sweat and blood, but have not been paid for 9 months. No wonder the desertion rate is so high. How about fixing that as well?

There are problems no doubt, things were worse in Karzai's era, now you have an Afghan president who is acting a like proper commander in chief, and those stealing the salaries are being dealt with. I know a couple of dude being fired and put behind bar in the last 2 months for screwing up the salaries.

Seems you read the whole article without understanding the bigger picture, what you pointed are just "Noise" the main news is that the US will leave the same number of troops in Afghanistan, with troops comes money and training for the ANSF and the guarantee for the the Afghan state. No US troops = no training = no money for the ANSF

The current plan to was to remove all the troops by the end of year.

Such blind optimism is commendable although the distortion of reality will hardly resolve the current predicament of Afghanistan. In addition, please elucidate to the wider audience of this thread on which particular doctrine the ANSF have applied from Sun Tzu philosophy. When the desertion rate falls into the category of 4,000 troops each month and Generals are caught transferring opium in trucks, then the probability of understanding the true essence of Sun Tzu concept becomes far-fetched to the incompetent. The ANSF have been trained for 14 years and have been supplied with $65 billion worth of security equipment to combat the Taliban whose power is rising instead of waning. Furthermore, the articulation on the idea that the United States of America will leave the same number of troops in Afghanistan is a hypothesis from a newspaper article. Unfortunately the concerns of your country have become second fiddle to the rising tensions in the Middle East, therefore America considers you yesterday's news. President Obama tenure in office culminates in 2016, thus the next government who all want to save costs will decide the policy on whether to stay or leave. Today 29 policeman were massacred by the Taliban and multiple coordinated attacks are occurring across Afghanistan. When the Taliban come to power their will be no negotiations, because instead the fate of the Kabul regime and its supporters will be that of Najibullah.

As I explained in my earlier posts regarding the implications of the Kunduz episode, where I clearly attributed this episode as nothing more but a clever San Tzu operation by the Afghan security council to side line militas and attract long term commitment from the US and international community.

Here you go, confirming my assertions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/14/w...ing-pullout-in-afghanistan-officials-say.html

PS : When soldiers stay, it brings more training, requirements, money and gives the NUG the breathing time to strengthen its institutions. I wonder where the Tali rats run next fighting season when the ANSF has stronger air force and still thousands of international soldiers in the country. " Negotiate now or die like rats"

Brother i beg to differ. The fall of Kunduz has been nothing less the catastrophic for the Afghan government , here is why ;

1. First and foremost ,this event immensely strengthened Mullah Mansoors position. Just days before kunduz fiasco , many of Mullah Omars closest aides refused to except his leadership, called him an american agent even. This event has quelled all leadership woes.

2. The Kunduz hospital attack had a huge impact on US. Just before the airstrike , US and the west were launching a media campaign against Russian Airstrikes in Syria and the civilians deaths because of them. Kunduz airstrike and MSF protest was like a slap on the face. US media couldnt go after Russia like it was intending to.

3. Questions being raised against ANSF. If you followed the western media closely , they were not blaming pakistan as such, they spent most of the airtime bashing ANA's resolve to fight. Mr Ghani was also heavily criticized , his handling of the event was also lambasted.

4. US/West are not known to exactly keep their word. Remember Saigon , they promised South Vietnam continued support , while slowly evacuating their assets.They have done this in Iraq as well, they promised "Nation Building" till the end. They left an untrained Iraq army ,which soon collapsed. You would be a fool to trust them. Infact they have abandoned Afghanistan already in the past .Remember what happened after Najibullah gov fell ? , in the words of Late gen hammeed gul " American dropped afghanistan like a hot plate ". They look after their own interest.

5. This fiasco ruined the chance of peace talks . Yes the Mullah Omar's death revelation was a real blow as well . Because of the fall of kunduz ( even if temporary) rose confidence in Talis ranks .Now they will be less inclined and it would be more difficult for pakistan to persuade them . Do you know ? , that is was speculated that the second round of muree talks would bring about a ceasefire ? Too bad some Idiot leaked the Mullah omar death info. All this blood shed could have been avoided.

Such blind optimism is commendable although the distortion of reality will hardly resolve the current predicament of Afghanistan. In addition, please elucidate to the wider audience of this thread on which particular doctrine the ANSF have applied from Sun Tzu philosophy. When the desertion rate falls into the category of 4,000 troops each month and Generals are caught transferring opium in trucks, then the probability of understanding the true essence of Sun Tzu concept becomes far-fetched to the incompetent. The ANSF have been trained for 14 years and have been supplied with $65 billion worth of security equipment to combat the Taliban whose power is rising instead of waning. Furthermore, the articulation on the idea that the United States of America will leave the same number of troops in Afghanistan is a hypothesis from a newspaper article. Unfortunately the concerns of your country have become second fiddle to the rising tensions in the Middle East, therefore America considers you yesterday's news. President Obama tenure in office culminates in 2016, thus the next government who all want to save costs will decide the policy on whether to stay or leave. Today 29 policeman were massacred by the Taliban and multiple coordinated attacks are occurring across Afghanistan. When the Taliban come to power their will be no negotiations, because instead the fate of the Kabul regime and its supporters will be that of Najibullah.

I just read a lot of gloom and doom from your text my friend :) remember how pundits like yourself were basically saying that the ANSF will collapas in 2014, last time I checked its almost the end of the 2015. We have been losing on average 50 soliders per day for the last 14 years in the defence of this system and this way of life, and we have not complained.

So tell me which side you are on? I am basically sensing a Tali apologiest here. Do you think the Talis will shower rose petals on the Pakistanis once they take over Afghanistan? They will basically turn Afghanistan to a terror hub where their brethrens the TTP will have a safe heaven and in turn will massacre your people. So dont be cheerleader for these scum because its in the nature of the snake to bite! Have you forgotten the fate of late colonel Imam?

I just read a lot of gloom and doom from your text my friend :) remember how pundits like yourself were basically saying that the ANSF will collapas in 2014, last time I checked its almost the end of the 2015. We have been losing on average 50 soliders per day for the last 14 years in the defence of this system and this way of life, and we have not complained.

So tell me which side you are on? I am basically sensing a Tali apologiest here. Do you think the Talis will shower rose petals on the Pakistanis once they take over Afghanistan? They will basically turn Afghanistan to a terror hub where their brethrens the TTP will have a safe heaven and in turn will massacre your people. So dont be cheerleader for these scum because its in the nature of the snake to bite! Have you forgotten the fate of late colonel Imam?

We are on our own side. Afghans must learn that we dont control them (talis) , we have little influence over their actions brother. They dont even accept the durand line , they think our tribal areas is part of their emirate. They are self sustained , this is evident by their increasing attacks all over your country . Two years ago we used religious leaders( mullahna sami ull haq) to persuade ttp into a ceasefire , they replied by decapitating our para military soldiers and played football with their heads. However, persuading Afghan talis did bear some fruit , Both China and US backed the muree talks . This was purely out of goodwill despite the fact that TTP is roaming around freely in Kunar and Nuristan. . But some one from your one NDS leaked info that derailed the talks.

Many Pakistan seemed to be cheering for the talis , i admit. But this is because of the sense less blame game , your government is playing.Your top general accuses our generals of escaping from kunduz in Burqas , seriously ?. Do you think this will help your fight in anyway. Dont you admit that a large number of blunders have been commited by your military leadership . How can we fight and bring taliban to the table at the same time , you tell me ?

Your predictions raise several questions for me:

1) So essentially the Afghan government govt wants NATO presence in the country because it cannot deal with the Taliban on its own?

2) The article does not mention anything about militias so whats up with that prediction? If anything from what I have read Dostum's militia for example has reemerged.

3) If the fall of Kunduz was a genuis state planned masterplan then why were "Pakistani generals" being blamed for being part of the attack. The Afghan army it is being alleged intentionally left the city in a weak state so that the Taliban could take it. Why the need for Generals to participate in such an easy operation. I repeat one more time Generals! Not some low ranking officers who do participate in such operations but Generals!

The political doctrine of realism is centered on pragmatism and the statecraft machinery of a government should not concern itself with unattainable objectives full of phantom illusion. Brother A-Team the gloom and doom from my text should provide a refreshing prospective on the fallacy of your proposition in relation to the fall of Kunduz. Please elucidate to the wider audience of this thread on which particular principle of Sun Tzu did the ANSF apply in the fall of Kunduz? When have I advocated the notion that the ANSF was going to collapse in 2014:) Obviously the hashish army will fall at the correct moment of time, unless the Kabul regime changes its arrogant attitude. Clearly you have complained in protecting this way of life, because the amount of venomous froth uttered from your politicians against Pakistan is apparent for all to observe. When 255,000 solders have perished in the last 14 years, then its hardly surprising to see mass migration of Afghans to the west.

Inscribing words in bold is an amusing touch Brother A-Team:) My only real concern is the national interests of Pakistan and until the Kabul regime does not reform itself on those six points mentioned by me previously, then every single negative outcome will look positive in my eyes. Once the Taliban take over Afghanistan, at least India will never have the opportunity to fund, train and launch attacks inside Pakistan. The carnage and anarchy will reside in your country and I have no shred of sympathy when the level of hatred directed towards Pakistan was unnecessary from your politicians who dream of annexing FATA and KPK. The Taliban are primitive in nature, however they are controllable for the strategic goals of Pakistan. Terrorism has decreased down to more than 80% in Pakistan and the TTP has become finished as a fighting force in the region, because they have no ammunition to recruit people to ideologically fight against the State of Pakistan. There is a huge difference between the Afghan Taliban and the transvestite outfit known as Pakistani Taliban. The real power lies with the Haqqani group who provide most of the foot solders and Mullah Mansoor is just a spiritual leader of a symbolic role. When the Kabul regime changes then I will support their legitimacy to rule Afghanistan, until then every negative news will put a smile on my face when I can feel the desperation of the politicians from Kabul.

We are on our own side. Afghans must learn that we dont control them (talis) , we have little influence over their actions brother. They dont even accept the durand line , they think our tribal areas is part of their emirate. They are self sustained , this is evident by their increasing attacks all over your country . Two years ago we used religious leaders( mullahna sami ull haq) to persuade ttp into a ceasefire , they replied by decapitating our para military soldiers and played football with their heads. However, persuading Afghan talis did bear some fruit , Both China and US backed the muree talks . This was purely out of goodwill despite the fact that TTP is roaming around freely in Kunar and Nuristan. . But some one from your one NDS leaked info that derailed the talks.

Many Pakistan seemed to be cheering for the talis , i admit. But this is because of the sense less blame game , your government is playing.Your top general accuses our generals of escaping from kunduz in Burqas , seriously ?. Do you think this will help your fight in anyway. Dont you admit that a large number of blunders have been commited by your military leadership . How can we fight and bring taliban to the table at the same time , you tell me ?
Excellent post.

There are problems no doubt, things were worse in Karzai's era, now you have an Afghan president who is acting a like proper commander in chief, and those stealing the salaries are being dealt with. I know a couple of dude being fired and put behind bar in the last 2 months for screwing up the salaries.

everyone knows what the problems are in Afghanistan, warlords are running the country and chaos suits their agenda.

Back
Top Bottom