What's new

Muzaffarnagar riots: Muslims scared of returning home, says leader

What ethinicity ...Non sense

It is a caste.. just like Gurjars and Ahirs for that matter Rajputs

But neither of the examples given by you are castes.. Castes are more like Brahmins, Kshatriyas etc..

What's the deal with "Jatts" anyway? Are they a Martial Race?

I've seen a lot of Indians and Pakistanis here saying they are Jatts.

Are they a specific ethnic/cultural group that are good at fighting?

There are many sections of hindus, who will fight for honor and die its not about martial race.
Martial race is a concept created by british to subdue Indians.
If that was true Kerala people were called 100% martial people, they disarmed all Nair and kerala people to rob them of their weapons to fight.In truth only Nairs were the warriors.
Kerala is where Kalari was invented and Bodhidharma learned Kalari and went to form Shaolin Temple in China.

But neither of the examples given by you are castes.. Castes are more like Brahmins, Kshatriyas etc..

I can't believe this is comming from You !

Brahmins and Kshatriyas are Varna not caste my dear friend... Jat Ahir Gurjar are all caste ...

I can't believe this is comming from You !

Brahmins and Kshatriyas are Varna not caste my dear friend... Jat Ahir Gurjar are all caste ...

Ok then.. I yield to your better understanding on this :)

There are many sections of hindus, who will fight for honor and die its not about martial race.
Martial race is a concept created by british to subdue Indians.
If that was true Kerala people were called 100% martial people, they disarmed all Nair and kerala people to rob them of their weapons to fight.In truth only Nairs were the warriors.
Kerala is where Kalari was invented and Bodhidharma learned Kalari and went to form Shaolin Temple in China.

Not sure about that - It is mentioned in Sangam literature.

Refer to this book -
Kalarippayat
By Dick Luijendijk

Ok then.. I yield to your better understanding on this :)

Isn't a caste a subdivision of a varna. Actually, in English, the 4 Varna is translated to the "major castes". While the actual "caste" are regarded as the "minor caste"

Isn't a caste a subdivision of a varna. Actually, in English, the 4 Varna is translated to the "major castes". While the actual "caste" are regarded as the "minor caste"

a Taiwanese guy living in US knows more about caste system than I do :cry:

I know Bodhidharma, he was the founder of the Shaolin Temple, and also Zen Buddhism I think.

Exactly, Martial arts of India originated in South India kerala/Tamilnadu/ parts of Karnataka were all part of South India. I say this even being a non-Keralalite.We should accept our history.

OK from that link, Jats are a Martial Race, originally from Sindh in the Indus valley (Southern Pakistan).

Strong fighters, and traditionally enemies of the Brahmin castes. Can be Muslim, Sikh or Hindu.

I'm still not sure if it is an ethnicity, a caste, or a cultural group. I'll read further and see.

Martial Race is a euphemism for Arse-Kisser ! :D

The British declared those 'ethnicities or linguistic' groups as being 'Martial' who were the most amenable towards soldering for them, didn't betray a prominent sense of 'fierce independence' & could be counted upon to quell uprisings whenever & wherever they arose !

Of course exceptions were there to this rule where there were some groups who were considered martial races & they did display that character as well - the Pukhtoons being one of them !

Martial Race is a euphemism for Arse-Kisser ! :D

The British declared those 'ethnicities or linguistic' groups as being 'Martial' who were the most amenable towards soldering for them, didn't betray a prominent sense of 'fierce independence' & could be counted upon to quell uprisings whenever & wherever they arose !

Of course exceptions were there to this rule where there were some groups who were considered martial races & they did display that character as well - the Pukhtoons being one of them !

and many morons here cherish the fact that they belong to martial race :rofl:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom