What's new

muslims and jewish americans unite

fd24

Reaction score
A recent Gallup poll has revealed that not only do Muslim Americans and Jewish Americans have similar views regarding how the Palestinian-Israeli conflict might be resolved, but Muslim Americans are significantly more moderate than often believed.

A substantial majority of Muslim Americans (81%) and Jewish Americans (78%) support a future in which an independent Palestinian state would coexist alongside Israel.

According to the poll, 89% of Muslim Americans say there is never a justification for attacks on civilians, compared to 79% of Mormon Americans, 75% of Jewish Americans, and 71% of Protestant and Catholic Americans. It was also found that the frequency with which Muslim Americans — or any other faith group — attend religious services has no effect on whether they justify violence against civilians.

Despite this surprisingly high Muslim opposition to attacks against civilians, most Americans of other faiths, according to the poll, feel Muslim Americans’ do not speak out often enough against terrorism. Of the Protestant, Catholic, Jewish, and Mormon Americans surveyed, no more than about one-third and as few as one-quarter believe U.S. Muslims are sufficiently vocal in condemning terrorism.

This statistic is in blatant contradiction with the statistic showing that 72% of Muslim Americans believe that they are, in fact, outspoken in their condemnation of terror.

This mismatch may suggest that U.S. Muslims simply have not found the appropriate outlets to make themselves heard. These statistics also reflect the frustration Muslim Americans often express that their repeated condemnations of terrorism seem to go unheard or unnoticed.

Rabbi Marc Schneier, founder and president of the Foundation for Ethnic Understanding, said Tuesday that “the findings of this up-to-date Gallup poll prove that the projects that we have been running for the past several years throughout the U.S. geared toward bringing Jews and Muslims together were successful and achieved their goal.”

Good. Now that you Abrahamic faiths are starting to agree on things may you find peace and leave the rest of the world in peace. Frankly, the wars between your brother religions have caused nothing but headaches to the rest of the world.

Sources please....

Haaretz.com Tue Aug 2nd AV2, 5771

Gallup poll reveals common ground for Jewish and Muslim Americans
A substantial majority of Muslim Americans and Jewish Americans support a future in which an independent Palestinian state would coexist alongside Israel.
By Shlomo Shamir

Haaretz.com Tue Aug 2nd AV2, 5771

Gallup poll reveals common ground for Jewish and Muslim Americans
A substantial majority of Muslim Americans and Jewish Americans support a future in which an independent Palestinian state would coexist alongside Israel.
By Shlomo Shamir

Okay, thanks...

We could use less of Benjamin Nathanyahus now.

Okay, thanks...

We could use less of Benjamin Nathanyahus now.

There are people now in Israel protesting the ultra-orthodox right wing government of Netenyahu as Israeli friend of mine told me. Right outside his house in the new tents the revolution is forming from increased rent and standard of living to now calling for Netenyahu to step down for undermining peace with their neighbors.

And Ironically enough he is calling these protests an "Arab-Left wing conspiracy to destroy the jewish state" I laughed so hard when he said that it reminded me when Mubarak said the revolution was a conspiracy and Libya and Syria and Yemen. They are all the same.

We all live togehter here in the US at home some of my good friends are jews i worked with jews and i live around them their are good bad in every kind . Although the ones that are bad and racist offcourse i don't like them .

We all live togehter here in the US at home some of my good friends are jews i worked with jews and i live around them their are good bad in every kind . Although the ones that are bad and racist offcourse i don't like them .

You are not allowed to "not-like" jews....that is anti-semmetism.......

There are people now in Israel protesting the ultra-orthodox right wing government of Netenyahu as Israeli friend of mine told me. Right outside his house in the new tents the revolution is forming from increased rent and standard of living to now calling for Netenyahu to step down for undermining peace with their neighbors.

And Ironically enough he is calling these protests an "Arab-Left wing conspiracy to destroy the jewish state" I laughed so hard when he said that it reminded me when Mubarak said the revolution was a conspiracy and Libya and Syria and Yemen. They are all the same.

It is amusing to me how you come up with such ridiculous stories.
Netanyahu never said anything like that, there is no revolution. Israel is not an Arab country, and you and your country should be thrilled that Netanyahu is PM and not some others who are gaining popularity.
No Israeli would befriend you, not even the Arab Israelis.
Why not add that a midget tried to assassinate the PM?

You are not allowed to "not-like" jews....that is anti-semmetism.......

I can like talk and be friends with whom ever i please to do so with its none of you business or anyone elses they are human beings just like anyother if they are not hurting me or causing me our my family any harm why shall make up a fight for . Act human and stop posting dumb and hateful comments specially in this holy month shame on you .

I can like talk and be friends with whom ever i please to do so with its none of you business or anyone elses they are human beings just like anyother if they are not hurting me or causing me our my family any harm why shall make up a fight for . Act human and stop posting dumb and hateful comments specially in this holy month shame on you .

Where in my post have I said anything even remotely bad about Jews??

It is amusing to me how you come up with such ridiculous stories.
Netanyahu never said anything like that, there is no revolution. Israel is not an Arab country, and you and your country should be thrilled that Netanyahu is PM and not some others who are gaining popularity.
No Israeli would befriend you, not even the Arab Israelis.
Why not add that a midget tried to assassinate the PM?

Bring me an evidence that I do not have an Israeli friend that I met when I used ti play mmorpgs??
And he is Jewish too FYI.

I have nothing against Jews what so ever not even the slightest but this hatred you have towards me "an Arab" is not really healthy.
And I only.stated what he told me that is all if you think it is wrong take it up with him not with me thank you.

Then what were you applying towards then? when you posted after my first post? explain

The ridiculous anti-semmetism law in America that now extended to anything bad said towards Israel falls under the anti-semmetism law that is all. And dont get defensive even I have Jewish friends too.

Technically us Arabs also fall into the anti-semmetism law since we are semmetic people but look at all the American movies and games and how anti-Arab it is.

Bring me an evidence that I do not have an Israeli friend that I met when I used ti play mmorpgs??
And he is Jewish too FYI.

I have nothing against Jews what so ever not even the slightest but this hatred you have towards me "an Arab" is not really healthy.
And I only.stated what he told me that is all if you think it is wrong take it up with him not with me thank you.

I bare you no ill will but when you try to besmirch my country`s name and spit out rubbish about this and that that your "Jewish" friend told you tends to make me want to correct you.
I have a problem with you finding joy out of anything bad that might happen to Israelis.

And yes, we can all understand your hatred for Jews in the words you post here behind sarcastic remarks, no need to be shy.

Back
Top Bottom