What's new

Muslim Woman Denied Job Over Head Scarf Wins in Supreme Court

That's the difference between your country and USA buddy. Live with it.

how did you bring india into that post you quoted?? :what:

OMG! The disgusting thought! I have been doing Hijab since I was in my O levels and till now I have no intention to use a burqa I have done niqab as my own experiment but that is really narrow minded and disgusting of you! Judgemental and stereotyping isnt going to show you as an advanced creature of earth!

by "hijab", do you mean what this syrian soldier is wearing...

saa-girl-20130722.jpg

Well in that case I think the company would had won the case.

Bty, I’m a liberal guy and in my family no one wears head scarf, but I strongly feel those who wear head scarf should not be discriminated.
I am not talking about you individually.. I am talking about balance between what workplace demands in a private enterprise.. and your personal religious belief.
Can a male banker go to office wearing anything other than suit and tie( dress code in many places).
Can a muslim lady demand to wear certain attire if she is saleswoman in Victoria's secrets?

The judge said its easy to decide. No its not. A&F depends on certain image of their sales people.

I am not talking about you individually.. I am talking about balance between what workplace demands in a private enterprise.. and your personal religious belief.
Can a male banker go to office wearing anything other than suit and tie( dress code in many places).
Can a muslim lady demand to wear certain attire if she is saleswoman in Victoria's secrets?

If she had applied for job at Victoria's Secret:D then I'm pretty sure she would had lost the case.

The judge said its easy to decide. No its not. A&F depends on certain image of their sales people.
There are total of nine justices in US Supreme Court, eight of them voted in her favor, do you think all eight of them are fools?

Simply put, if the company had a strong case they would had won.

If she had applied for job at Victoria's Secret:D then I'm pretty sure she would had lost the case.

There are total of nine justices in US Supreme Court, eight of them voted in her favor, do you think all eight of them are fools?

Since we are talking about A&F here.. (go to the staff section in wiki)
Abercrombie & Fitch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OMG! The disgusting thought! I have been doing Hijab since I was in my O levels and till now I have no intention to use a burqa I have done niqab as my own experiment but that is really narrow minded and disgusting of you! Judgemental and stereotyping isnt going to show you as an advanced creature of earth!

Give me 1 scenario where a hijab wont fit...even in bakeries or sterile rooms we have to use hairnets and full body suit ...hijab doesnt get in the way of that...

People pay for a certain kind of image Abercombie products offer. Their models barely wear any cloths, and when they do it is sort of there. A salesperson in the middle of that store wearing a head scarf negatively impacts that image.

Folks that buy their cloths could be as shallow/dumb as a rock, regardless this is the image they are paying for.

Now please get refused anything over any religious issue in the Muslim world and then try to fight for yourself in this manner, especially if you belong to a minority. This above is a privilege only the evil secular/liberal can grant you even whilst being in its opposition. Welcome to the notion that religion has nothing whatsoever to do with state, a person's religion is his own personal matter.

The fact that one did not... wonder what his/her reason was and if it was disclosed in closing comments...

Promise me no headscarfs in the new system! :D

Amreeka mein tabdeeli laatey hain'! :P

chalo teek hai, ap "amreeka" ke special guest ho, ek request allowed hai, lakinn sooch samaj ke make kerna mat headscarfs utarte utarte backi sab kuch utarna bool jao emperor ;) :D

@Areesh is a chick?...... wtf....... and here for the past three years I've been addressing him as a dude! :D

@Akheilos @Rabzon @Areesh @TheNoob Stand Tall !!! Haters gonna hate. Don't give a damn!

I always figured that's why they call it "Land of opportunity"! :D

chalo teek hai, ap "amreeka" ke special guest ho, ek request allowed hai, lakinn sooch samaj ke make kerna mat headscarfs utarte utarte backi sab kuch utarna bool jao emperor ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom