What's new

Muslim HIJAB Harassment experiment in New York City

I am all for MODEST dress code, and not wearing hijab in public, but I will never condone 'expressions of vulgarity' in Pakistan (being a Muslim).

Definition of modest clothing differs from people to people.

You are free to have your own definition, just don't force it on others.

However, it is not my place to tell strangers what to wear and what not to wear in the public ON MY OWN - this is rude behavior and will not be received well by many.

Well done, now you are finally speaking some sense and have started to show some tolerance.

If somebody ever bother to ask me to point out what forms of dress code I find acceptable in person then I will OPENLY convey my POV irrespective of where I am present at the time.

Fair enough. You have freedom of expression.

I have witnessed some Pakistani women wearing revealing cloths in PRIVATE functions, but I do not bother with them.

Impressive. Stay that way. And if somebody tries to show intolerance then try to stop them.

What do you want me to do? Pick up fights with strangers on the matters of dress code?

No, quite the opposite actually.

Allow them to live as they like in public, just like you allow them in Private functions.

Overall, I think, I have succeeded in tightening your loose screws quite a bit and managed to bring tolerant side of you, at last. :cheers:

Definition of modest clothing differs from people to people.

You are free to have your own definition, just don't force it on others.

Well done, now you are finally speaking some sense and have started to show some tolerance.

Fair enough. You have freedom of expression.

Impressive. Stay that way. And if somebody tries to show intolerance then try to stop them.

No, quite the opposite actually.

Allow them to live as they like in public, just like you allow them in Private functions.

Overall, I think, I have succeeded in tightening your loose screws quite a bit and managed to bring tolerant side of you, at last. :cheers:
280.jpg

line me rakhna inko. selective hain baray

Everyone has good/bad side.

Anyone can change.

We just need to work on people so that they embrace their good side.

It's not impossible. We all have seen an example of it in this very thread. :)

Everyone has good/bad side.

Anyone can change.

We just need to work on people so that they embrace their good side.

It's not impossible. We all have seen an example of it in this very thread. :)

did you join a squirrel hunting cult again?

you Sound very preachy

yes
the name reminded me of a Ma'am we used to have at University
she was strict as hell

and Then they teach you whats in the name..

i got an aunt by that name. trust me no beverage can be served warm when shes in the room. ice cold chill shadows her.

i suspect the little ones know it already.

Oh no.

Sometimes, life forces you to reeducate some folks on internet so that they don't end up in reeducation camps.

if only noble deeds can be returned justly in this world

It's alright buddy. I will be keeping an eye on you so that you don't go astray, agian. :)
I am MODEST in life, thank you.

However, I am never afraid to voice my disagreements in public, or in a meeting, or in a gathering. But I am not interested in picking fights with strangers where-ever I go over 'small issues'.

Secondly, cultural norms vary across countries. I do NOT find every aspect of American society acceptable, if this was your intended point. American society is far from being perfect IMHO.

I am MODEST in life, thank you.

However, I am never afraid to voice my disagreements in public, or in a meeting, or in a gathering. But I am not interested in picking fights with strangers where-ever I go over small issues.

uncle is it true that founding father of amreeka kept the Quran?

i saw once in the news

Governmental procedures is another topic, but Muslim women can wear hijab in USA while living there.

1. Hijab ( hair cover ) ??

--------------OR--------------

2. Niqab or Burqa ( face and body cover ) ??

Hijab/Niqab and Burka have nothing to do with Islam
they might be Arab, but not Muslim

Exactly !!

Yeah right , that were Pagans who were told to cover their women then?
You have no idea what you are talking about

No, @Jf Thunder is correct. The face and body cover is Jewish and not Islamic.

I will copy-paste my post from another thread :

An Egyptian member of parliament, Amna Nosseir, has researched on this and has called for a ban on the burqa :
An Egyptian lawmaker has said members of parliament are drafting a law that would ban women from wearing the burqa in government institutions after alleging the Islamic full-face veil was a "Jewish tradition".

Amna Nosseir said on Sunday that the proposed ban would be in the best interest of Egyptian society and that she has been battling against the burqa over the past 40 years.
Nosseir, who wears the hijab, said on Wednesday that the burqa - known in Arabic as the niqab - had its origins in Jewish religious law.

"In the Old Testament, you find in chapter 38 that the Jewish religious authorities tell you that if Jewish women leave the house without covering the face and head then they are breaking Jewish religious law," the lawmaker said during an interview with local media.
"I have gathered around 20 texts by Jewish religious authorities that completely forbid women from showing their faces and heads," Nosseir said while discussing also banning female university students from wearing "ripped jeans" in lectures.

She added that this part of Jewish law became entrenched in pre-Islamic Arab tribes of the Arabian Peninsula and then spread throughout the Middle East with the Muslim conquests.
The verse the lawmaker could be referring to is Genesis 38, where a biblical figure encounters his daughter-in-law in the street and mistakes her for a prostitute because she had covered her face with a veil.

Back
Top Bottom