Muslim HIJAB Harassment experiment in New York City

LeGenD

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

5 actors in total:-
- 2 actors in Arabic dress code pretending to be a Muslim couple
- 3 actors in Western dress code as potential harassers*

At one point, a lone Jewish guy became a shield for the Muslim couple in the face of harassment from 3 individuals; enormous respect for this guy.

"i'm jewish, and i'm going to defend these guys."

*One of the actors suffered injuries in a heated moment. Damn.

U.S.A is taking strict measures due to security concern irrespective of any religion . Even if some other religious non muslim wears burka, they check it due to security because face and body is not visible.

U.S.A is taking strict measures due to security concern irrespective of any religion . Even if some other religious non muslim wears burka, they check it due to security because face and body is not visible.
Governmental procedures is another topic, but Muslim women can wear hijab in USA while living there.

In this social experiment, numerous people defended a Muslim couple, in Arabic dress code, in the face of harassment in the public.

Well, this is not the point of this experiment.

Point is that a large number of people in Western societies are not Islamophobic.
from the experiment it can be seen that they are not Arabophobic
the conclusions about Islam cannot be drawn from here

Well, this is not the point of this experiment.

Point is that a large number of people in Western societies are not Islamophobic.

lol

having trouble with Timothy again?

I did
what Islamic act exactly did the actors do to gauge the reaction?

@jamahir someone save this world
Why is this even an argument? Are you trying to tell me that Muslim women do not wear hijab and/or the practice is not Islamic in any way or form? You are out of touch with how Muslims express themselves in public then.

And this social experiment show that it is not easy to harass a Muslim couple in an American city and get away with it. Majority of Americans strongly believe in FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION and RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE in practice. This experiment is intended to convey a message that realities on the ground are much different then media-based projections.

Last edited:
Well, as far as I am concerned, you can wear whatever you want whether Burqa or dress like the redhead in video both in west and in Pakistan.

Now, @LeGenD , is it ok for women to dress like red head in Pakistan in your view?

Now, @LeGenD , is it ok for women to dress like red head in Pakistan in your view?
Lo jee, eik aur irrelevant twist aa geya yaha pey.

That kind of dressing is not appropriate in our culture, but I would not harass a women dressed like that in person. I cannot say the same about others.

Lo jee, eik aur irrelevant twist aa geya yaha pey.

That kind of dressing is not appropriate in our culture, but I would not harass a women dressed like that in person. I cannot say the same about others.

What a filthy hypocrite you are.

What a filthy hypocrite you are.
Aap ka damakh kaam nahin kar raha iss waqat.

Your brain is not functioning at the moment, or completely missed the point of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom