What's new

Muslim groups oppose renaming Jakarta street after Turkey’s Ataturk

what is the whole point of this exercise ? Either you like Ataturk or you don't

It is reactionary people who seem to know little about Islam or its history. They are probably against Ataturk because he force westernized Turkey. Probably some political party leader decided to fish for more votes (@Indos??? i am right?) kinda like how republican party politicians ape christian evangelicals and stuff like that.

Last edited:
It is reactionary peoole who seem to know little about Islam or its history. They are probably against Ataturk because he force westernized Turkey. Probably some political party leader decided to fish for more votes (@Indos??? i am right?) kinda like how republican party policians ape christian evangelicals and stuff like that.

The main opposition comes from Ulama Council in Indonesia where for opposition party they usually will oppose any thing come out from the administration.

Some Islamist parties are in Jokowi camp as well and I believe their voice are also strong but not coming up in the media. Nevertheless the idea look like being abandon since no protest any more. The Menteng residential complex also has many Betawi ethnic living there and they are very vocal about any thing against Islam.

Just to give a correct context here, our Vice President is former chairman of Indonesian Ulama Council. They do have strong influence within the current administration.

Uh, have you read the biography of Ataturk by Andrew Mango or Lord Kinross?
Everyone agrees Ataturk was a traitor, he was not even a Muslim.
is not being a muslim such a bad thing ?
You have said he was a kaffir and not muslim a few times now, as if that makes a non Muslim a lesser person.
you have 1.4 b Chinese as your current iron friends .

is not being a muslim such a bad thing ?
You have said he was a kaffir and not muslim a few times now, as if that makes a non Muslim a lesser person.
you have 1.4 b Chinese as your current iron friends .

In Islam the best people is Muslim (Real Believer) and the worst people is Muslim (Munafiq).

Munafiq is in the lowest Hell, lower than Kafir

It's like someone crap talking Mr. Jinnah - 95% of pakistanis would get really angry

Same with turkey, they also love Ataturk like that
since they take great offense to it, I think it's better for Pakistanis as a friendly country to turkey
To not take controversial stand in regards to ataturk

It's common decency, you don't bad mouth father figures of brother countries

-if a turk said Jinnah was a British agent or Iqbal was crazy fundamentalist
you know we won't appreciate that
If Jinnah talked smack about Prophet Muhammad like Atatürk and his followers. I would condemn him as well

Atatürk essentially did to Muslims in Turkey what the European far right is doing these days to muslims living there through harsh laws, edicts and crackdowns.

In Islam the best people is Muslim (Real Believer) and the worst people is Muslim (Munafiq).

Wow, do you even realize how you come across to mon muslims with what you have written ?
And I can see from your posts that you are quite a moderate type of guy. And you are just stating it factually.
A kaffir is just above the worst of hell. Nice.

Wow, do you even realize how you come across to mon muslims with what you have written ?
And I can see from your posts that you are quite a moderate type of guy. And you are just stating it factually.
A kaffir is just above the worst of hell. Nice.

Well I am moderate is because I see Islam in essence is moderate

Like in Quran there is verse saying there should not be any compulsion in religion

This is why I support the freedom of religion and also oppose the obligation for Muslim women to wear hijab like in Saudi, Iran, and Afghanistan. Religion practice should come from our own will.

That is the different between me with hardliner Muslim.

Kafir will go to Hell is written in Quran as well

Last edited:
Ataturk was a great Muslim, the backward turds can hate him all they want. We have Ataturk Avenue in Islamabad.
They can try protesting against it in Pak
They'll get a gullu butt treatment
725443-GulluButt-1403456608.jpeg

It's like someone crap talking Mr. Jinnah or Iqbal - 95% of pakistanis would get really angry- you know damn well we don't tolerate that crap

Same with turkey, they also love Ataturk like that
since they take great offense to it, I think it's better for Pakistanis as a friendly country to turkey
To not take controversial stand in regards to ataturk

It's common decency, you don't bad mouth father figures of brother countries

-if a turk said Jinnah was a British agent or Iqbal was crazy fundamentalist
you know we won't appreciate that
turkey itself is reverting back to the glory days of Ottomon era so i dont understand ur concern. besides a lot of turks dont like mustafa kemal. and i didnt abused him i just stated the reality. besides Jinnah fought for a separate Muslim country while mustafa kemal abolished Islamic Caliphate and banned Islamic practices so there is no comparison between these two personalities

no offence to my Turkish brothers but mustafa kemal was a zionist stooge who demolished the Khilafat.
Was it not the Arabs who betrayed the khilafat so much the Turks started to hate even the Arabic language. Learn to speak the whole truth

Let's worry about our own graves and leave judgements yo Allah. The dead cannot defend themselves

Was it not the Arabs who betrayed the khilafat so much the Turks started to hate even the Arabic language. Learn to speak the whole truth
and i say it out loud that the current arab regimes are pro zionists just like mustafa kemal.

what is the whole point of this exercise ? Either you like Ataturk or you don't

He was an atheist that is why they oppose him but hack Indonesia won't mind giving an street to Mehmet fetih or Erdogan himself but not Ataturk.. He has reputation beside the guy commited a genocide on the Armenians and was largely an atheist

and i say it out loud that the current arab regimes are pro zionists just like mustafa kemal.
How was mustafa kamal zionist? I genuinely want to know and don't say because he was secular...that's nit enough

He was an atheist that is why they oppose him but hack Indonesia won't mind giving an street to Mehmet fetih or Erdogan himself but not Ataturk.. He has reputation beside the guy commited a genocide on the Armenians and was largely an atheist

You have been lied to, he was not an atheist, he was just a free thinker, who saved the Turkish nation and many millions of Muslims from the balkans, the Russian empire Greece Bulgaria etc.

And the Khilafate was destined to collapse anyway, the birth of the modern nation state did not allow for archaic institutions of the middle ages.

Also what Khilafete, from which sect from which country, who would decide, who would get such a position.

Ataturk not only saved Turkey but set down foundations for the modern powerful state that Erdoğan benefits from.

Back
Top Bottom