What's new

Musharraf's moral should higher now, as a beauty queen like to date with him

No, this is some crappy Canadian thing it has nothing to do with Pakistan…It’s organized by a bunch of westernized begayart Pakistanis who think this is the way forward to show Pakistan’s in a “positive light”

Rahman sahab you may call this Beghayart(immoral?) but some of them may call some other Pakistanis Beghayart. Blame game doesn't help tolerance does...

I personally think that these Expat Pakistanis are not doing a disservice to Pakistan but I also feel the Expat Pak community has hijacked Pakistan to an extent....

Rahman sahab you may call this Beghayart(immoral?) but some of them may call some other Pakistanis Beghayart. Blame game doesn't help tolerance does...

I personally think that these Expat Pakistanis are not doing a disservice to Pakistan but I also feel the Expat Pak community has hijacked Pakistan to an extent....

Extremes in either direction are harmful, I believe that such people are not servicing Pakistan or any other country. These girls just highlight the names of their Countries but in reality they become a source of enjoyment for others and disgracing women irrespective of religion or nationality.

Extremes in either direction is harmful, I believe that such people are not servicing Pakistan or any other country. These girls just highlight the names of their Countries but in reality they become a source of enjoyment for others and disgracing women irrespective of religion or nationality.

That depends on your perspective really...

Apart from the Islamic world, South Asia and perhaps conservative parts of the US, beauty is considered something that is to be celebrated, not hidden.

In China, Japan, SE Asia, Australia, Europe, US, South America, beauty contests are not considered as disgracing or degrading.

Also, "enjoyment" or "pleasure" is to be sought, not avoided.

Even Hindu philosophy (Sorry to bring this up here...but I really can't help myself) lists the goals of life as Wealth, Duty, Pleasure and Liberation.

Extremes, as you say, are harmful. I agree. The key to life is balance, not deprivation.

That depends on your perspective really...

Apart from the Islamic world, South Asia and perhaps conservative parts of the US, beauty is considered something that is to be celebrated, not hidden.

In China, Japan, SE Asia, Australia, Europe, US, South America, beauty contests are not considered as disgracing or degrading.

Also, "enjoyment" or "pleasure" is to be sought, not avoided.

Even Hindu philosophy (Sorry to bring this up here...but I really can't help myself) lists the goals of life as Wealth, Duty, Pleasure and Liberation.

Extremes, as you say, are harmful. I agree. The key to life is balance, not deprivation.

What about the bad affects on society?

Well IMO what we don’t think is good for us we should not ask others to do so. To me this is a double standard of western countries as on one hand they are talking about women rights and on the other hand they are using women for enjoyment only.

Well IMO what we don’t think is good for us we should not ask others to do so. To me this is a double standard of western countries as on one hand they are talking about women rights and on the other hand they are using women for enjoyment only.

You're joking right? Heard of equality for women? Feminism?

The west and far east are also the best place for women, if they want to engage in intellectual pursuits.
Women are encouraged to attend university, to think freely and pursue a career. Does the Islamic world allow for this?

But i agree with you. The west doesn't need to go about telling people what rules to follow. Societies are complex systems that don't always follow the simplest logic.
The best example of this is Indian society...full of contradictions and paradoxes.

Women in skirts and bikinis is immoral.. guys with clean shaven faces and wearing shorts is acceptable?? don't you think if it is immoral to see woman showing some flesh then those same women may be influenced to see men showing flesh??

Women in skirts and bikinis is immoral.. guys with clean shaven faces and wearing shorts is acceptable?? don't you think if it is immoral to see woman showing some flesh then those same women may be influenced to see men showing flesh??

Well the whole point of covering women is that men are attracted by looks mostly whereas women don't consider looks as first priority while choosing a mate.

Well the whole point of covering women is that men are attracted by looks mostly whereas women don't consider looks as first priority while choosing a mate.

that's just absurd.... its not about choosing a mate but being attracted physically..
the same way a married man may be excited to see Women in skirts, a married woman may be excited to Topless men...

haven't you seen teen girls shrieking, fainting upon seeing their idols? like Shah Rukh, Hrithik, Brad Pitt??

that's just absurd.... its not about choosing a mate but being attracted physically..
the same way a married man may be excited to see Women in skirts, a married woman may be excited to Topless men...

yeah..being attracted is a part of choosing a mate.

You should probably read up on the mating behaviour of men and women, and the difference between them.

Attraction in men mostly depends on looks and physical features...in women its more complex because of nesting behaviour.

About the shrieking part.....that depends on star power, not looks. Women shriek on seeing really ugly looking rock stars as well.

Have you noticed that Shah Rukh Khan isn't exactly handsome?

yeah..being attracted is a part of choosing a mate.

You should probably read up on the mating behaviour of men and women, and the difference between them.

Attraction in men mostly depends on looks and physical features...in women its more complex because of nesting behaviour.

How do you explain 1 night stands??

About the shrieking part.....that depends on star power, not looks. Women shriek on seeing really ugly looking rock stars as well.

Have you noticed that Shah Rukh Khan isn't exactly handsome?

SRK with a Mullah beard wouldn't have girls going ga-ga over them... nor would you be putting pics of Aditi if she were covered from head to toe..

Physical attraction is always there.. if a woman in a bikini is responsible for creating evil thoughts in men's mind then a men with a 6-pack is also responsible for creating evil thoughts in women's mind..

Heard of cheating women married to rich old guys??

How do you explain 1 night stands??

SRK with a Mullah beard wouldn't have girls going ga-ga over them... nor would you be putting pics of Aditi if she were covered from head to toe..

Physical attraction is always there.. if a woman in a bikini is responsible for creating evil thoughts in men's mind then a men with a 6-pack is also responsible for creating evil thoughts in women's mind..

Heard of cheating women married to rich old guys??

Of course physical attraction plays a part...but it plays a far smaller part in women than in men.

Don't take my word for this....talk to any expert in the field.

Of course physical attraction plays a part...but it plays a far smaller part in women than in men.

Don't take my word for this....talk to any expert in the field.

What better expert than women??
In any case if womens clothing can cause sin in men's mind so can the opposite happen... in any case in South Asia many women don't really chose their partners so...

You're joking right? Heard of equality for women? Feminism?

The west and far east are also the best place for women, if they want to engage in intellectual pursuits.
Women are encouraged to attend university, to think freely and pursue a career. Does the Islamic world allow for this?

But i agree with you. The west doesn't need to go about telling people what rules to follow. Societies are complex systems that don't always follow the simplest logic.
The best example of this is Indian society...full of contradictions and paradoxes.

I can say that nowadays Pakistani society is encouraging women to attend universities and pursue their careers so you can’t say that it does not happen in Islamic world.

Back
Top Bottom