What's new

Musharraf’s book-launch in September

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Musharraf’s book-launch in September

WASHINGTON: President Pervez Musharraf’s book will be launched on September 25 in New York.

The book – In the Line of Fire – which he calls “a memoir”, is going to be beyond the purchasing power of the majority of the people in Pakistan, as it will cost Rs 1,932.

A launch is being planned when the president visits to attend the opening of the next UN General Assembly session, which begins around the third week of September.

The book, to be published by Simon and Schuster under its Free Press imprint, has no Pakistani publisher so far. Although a spokeswoman of the New York publishers told Daily Times on Friday that negotiations were underway with a Pakistani publisher, which she refused to name, inquiries made at Karachi and Lahore fail to confirm the information.

A Karachi book distributor has arranged to import an unspecified number of copies and sell them direct,
through other outlets and online at a small discount.

The Pakistani distributor has set September 30 as the release date of the book. A Pakistani publishing house which approached Simon and Schuster early on for local publication rights was refused.

Review copies to selected US publications are going to be sent on September 25, the day the book is to be released.

This book should be interesting as heck. I want to get a hold of this one and the book by Nawaz Sharif. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in between.

Hey! how come it shows me as being offline. I just posted this!!

If you order it, go through Amazon, its $10 cheaper than at the Simon and Schuster site.

Its going to be a collection of lies but thats the only thing Mushy is good at.

No leader is so fond of self praise than Mushy

Tuesday, September 19, 2006javascript:; http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/print.asp?page=2006\09\19\story_19-9-2006_pg7_11

By Khalid Hasan

NEW YORK: President Gen Pervez Musharraf’s book is going to have a high-profile launch at the Council on Foreign Relations on September25. The author is also scheduled to make appearances on some of the most watched TV shows in America.

He will be interviewed on NBC’s Today show as well as on the same network’s long-running programme Meet the Press. The president will also make an appearance on Comedy Central’s Daily Show with Jon Stewart. He will also be interviewed on National Public Radio’s Morning Edition, which is heard through local affiliates around the country.

On efforts to obtain a copy in advance of the president’s book, when asked during a gaggle with the press after his arrival from Havana, Musharraf advised the questioner to wait until September 25.

Meanwhile, Clrisa Hays, who is in charge of publicity at Simon & Schuster, the book’s publishers, said that since the book also had a Pakistani publisher - Ferozesons - Pakistani correspondents, even if they were based in the US, would have to go through the Pakistani publisher if they wished to obtain a copy.

“It is for the Pakistani publisher to sort it all out,” she said in a message in answer to a query. Advance copies of the book have obviously been made available to the programmes on which the president is going to be interviewed.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2006\09\19\story_19-9-2006_pg7_11

just pre-ordered the book, can't wait for the 25th. oh well it should take about a week more to reach my place.

Couldn't they make a better cover?

Tuesday, September 19, 2006javascript:; http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/print.asp?page=2006\09\19\story_19-9-2006_pg7_11

By Khalid Hasan

NEW YORK: President Gen Pervez Musharraf’s book is going to have a high-profile launch at the Council on Foreign Relations on September25. The author is also scheduled to make appearances on some of the most watched TV shows in America.

He will be interviewed on NBC’s Today show as well as on the same network’s long-running programme Meet the Press. The president will also make an appearance on Comedy Central’s Daily Show with Jon Stewart. He will also be interviewed on National Public Radio’s Morning Edition, which is heard through local affiliates around the country.

On efforts to obtain a copy in advance of the president’s book, when asked during a gaggle with the press after his arrival from Havana, Musharraf advised the questioner to wait until September 25.

Meanwhile, Clrisa Hays, who is in charge of publicity at Simon & Schuster, the book’s publishers, said that since the book also had a Pakistani publisher - Ferozesons - Pakistani correspondents, even if they were based in the US, would have to go through the Pakistani publisher if they wished to obtain a copy.

“It is for the Pakistani publisher to sort it all out,” she said in a message in answer to a query. Advance copies of the book have obviously been made available to the programmes on which the president is going to be interviewed.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2006\09\19\story_19-9-2006_pg7_11

I dont mind him publishing any book that he feels like but I hope he is not going to do the touring on Government expenses. That would be bad. Secondly, dont you have to take an oath as the President of Pakistan, not to divulge any info which may be against national interests?. If ha cant do that, then I dont know what he will write about. Certainly his personal life could make some saucy reading, for he has a reputation in the Army.
Ah well we shall wait and see.
Araz

Promoting a personal item at the expanse of Tax Payers money
What else can you expect of a dictator? Sorry to use a harsh term, but as of now Musharraf doesn't have any checks and balances within the existing political system.

For example, he is supposed to be at New York to represent Pakistan at the U.N. Although it feels more like a book tour promoting his book, like the one Maddox took recently to promote the Alphabet of Manliness.

But then eh.. none of my business :disagree:

Well he has done almost everything, in the interest of Pakistan too, and alongside if he says a line or two like "please buy my book", it really doesn't matter.

How he managed Bush's threat to send thousands of troops to Pak is sheer brilliance. Not to mention hes met young Americans at the GW Uni and gave them a whole run down of what Pak really is. The US media is treating him a lot more enthusiastically than one would've expected.

Let me correct that for you Asim:

"Well in my opinion he has done almost everything, in the interest of Pakistan too, and alongside if he says a line or two like "please buy my book", it really doesn't matter to me."

:)

Back
Top Bottom