What's new

Musharraf to be tried for 'Treason' | Nawaz Sharif

Albatross

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Just saw his speech in parliament where he accuses musharraf of breaking constitution twice.

Though in principle he is right but under current chaos in pakistan I am afraid it is not a good move as this trial will not be taken as a positive development in military establishment.

As per law all accomplices should be tried as well which makes it more complicated as many of them are currently in shareefs team .

http://dawn.com/news/1020442/musharraf-to-be-tried-under-for-treason-pm-nawaz-sharif

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif dropped the strongest hint to file a written request before the Supreme Court to try former military ruler General (retd) Pervez Musharraf for treason under Article 6 of the Constitution.

Addressing the National Assembly (NA) on Monday, Nawaz Sharif said the former president had committed treason by abrogating the Constitution and he should be tried under the law.

The government will submit its written stance in the Musharraf treason case currently heard in the Supreme Court through Attorney General Munir A. Malik.

Earlier, the apex court had asked the government to clarify its position on the petitions urging the court to try the former general under Article 6 of the Constitution

Just saw his speech in parliament where he accuses musharraf of breaking constitution twice.

Though in principle he is right but under current chaos in pakistan I am afraid it is not a good move as this trial will not be taken as a positive development in military establishment.
Why? because they will have an example before them before enforcing another military coup?

As per law all accomplices should be tried as well which makes it more complicated as many of them are currently in shareefs team .
Has he given this speech today in Parliament ?

6 High treason
8[
(1) Any person who abrogates or subverts or suspends or holds in abeyance, or attempts or conspires to abrogate or subvert or suspend or hold in abeyance, the Constitution by use of force or show of force or by any other unconstitutional means shall be guilty of high treason.

] 8
(2) Any person aiding or abetting 9[or collaborating] 9 the acts mentioned in clause (1) shall likewise be guilty of high treason.

Mian sahib...please keep in mind this clause as well...

ah don't worry enough hyper will be created to give free pass to those who supported him. but you know musharaf very well he won't go down like that.
I don't see anything interesting as they only submitted their reply
Shiekh Rashid is talking about what you just said :pop: its getting interesting
Mian sahib...please keep in mind this clause as well...

WTF they stopped showing Shiekh Rashid

Why? because they will have an example before them before enforcing another military coup?

As I said he is right according to Law but as things are never in black and white and are mostly relative to the circumstances .
And under current situation we need unity in our ranks and file and he should have been wise enough to not fuel any negative sentiments among forces as the fact is musharraf is viewed by many as a hero(something I personally dont agree with) a claim which can be debated but it exists among many pakistani's both at home and abroad and specially in military circles .

Only mistake Musharraf made was letting these scum bags go free.

Musharraf was a half assed dictator.

He can never measure up to Zia.

If I were in his position when he came to power, I would have brought 10 km of rope to let these thugs know that retribution has come.

yar WTF baqwas is this Sheikh Rashid was saying that everyone who supported him should be tried as well , and they just cutt off the transmission
@nuclearpak @RazPaK @batmannow @Leader @Jazzbot

By merely cutting transmission they cant hide that fact . Things will get ugly for NZ sooner than many would have expected something which wont be in interest of Pakistan as we all want to see a stable central govt to deal with militancy and economic down fall .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom