What's new

Musharraf still leads race with 83% polls

SSGPA1

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Islamabad—Despite his retirement as President of Pakistan Musharraf is still favoured and respected by the enlightened segment of Pakistani society.

An interesting and latest development in this regard initiated by Pakistan Alert while arranging on line opinion polls, “Who should be the President of Pakistan,” here Saturday. Musharraf while giving an unexpected surprise to the viewers got 83% votes in two hours polling while others could not go beyond 15% a highest number polled in favour of Imran Khan.

Only 2% vote casted in favour of sitting President of Pakistan Asif Zardari, whereas Mian Nawaz Sharif was anxiously awaiting for online vote. Imran was able to get only 14% votes as Qazi Hussain Ahmed could also manage to score only 2 % whereas Molana Fazalur-Rehman could not even a single vote.

Though such opinion polls are not criteria for any change in the formation of the Government but these opinions definitely depict the general trend of the public and predict the opinion of the masses.

All those leading some think tanks and intellectuals derived their opinion and predict the future tone and behavior of the political set up and the country.

In this particular case More than a year has elapsed that Musharraf left the stage and still enjoying the official protocol in all the countries including the immediate neighbouring countries.

He being state forward soldier of the Armed forces is a soft spoken and deliver impressive speeches unlike others who hide and camouflage themselves according to the environment always speak diplomatically.

He is never surrounded by the sloganeers after his retirement and speaks wholeheartedly to the media as and when asked.

He is quite a wise soldier who is just going through a transitory period to meet the constitutional obligations.

Top Stories | Pakistan Observer Newspaper online edition

Hopefully, very soon this sentiment will prevail amongst Pakistanis all over Pakistan.

is it an online poll?
if it's a online poll than the results are quite expected as most pakistanis online are quite educated but what about the regular population who elect people like zardari?
sadly this poll means nothing :tsk:

Didn't the Yuck get 99.9% votes? LOL.. when 70% people in Pakistan are asking for his trial, who these lovers of this sick-head character? Even a blind would see this poll was fabricated. :tdown:

is it an online poll?
if it's a online poll than the results are quite expected as most pakistanis online are quite educated but what about the regular population who elect people like zardari?
sadly this poll means nothing :tsk:

Buddy is Pakistan dry of capable people? Why the heck this list only contains worst men of this Nation? Why isn't somebody with dignity, faith, character and courage an option? Want to think about Zaid Hamid?

I remember there was a poll being conducted over defense.pk and in which Musharaf was getting few more votes than Zaid or Imrankhan were getting. competition was like 40, 30, 30. I cannot accept the same online poll conducted elsewhere would yield 83% votes for the Musharraf and no other person would get closer. These results are not any different from the results of MQM where not even a single vote is cast against them. :rofl:

None of us is just alive on-line. We see people around in our streets, villages and cities and we see how much respect Musharraf or Zardari get. This 83% public acceptance wasn't there even when Musharraf was in the honey-moon period of presidency, let alone after being thrown away and declared culprit by the Supreme Count of Paksitan. He had 8% popularity the moment he left his seat and you expect he would have gained 75% more votes just by staying out of politics and away from his country and people?.. Ridiculous Plus Plus!

Last edited:
:woot:

That means I am not enlightened if I dont support him !!

:azn: :lol:

:disagree:

:pakistan:

You certainly have that right to say no.
But we shouldn't be interested in names but who is better for Pakistan , Pakistan comes first you can put a mule as the president of Pakistan if he is good I don't care. We all should be thinking of Pakistan and its future and these 2 parties have done nothing but to suck the blood out of Pakistan and its people , Nawaz and PPP.
Yes a lot of you will not like what I said but I have worked with the father , Worked with the late BiBI worked with both brothers and to tell you they were all back stabbing SOBs.

Buddy is Pakistan dry of capable people? Why the heck this list only contains worst men of this Nation? Why isn't somebody with dignity, faith, character and courage an option? Want to think about Zaid Hamid?

I remember there was a poll being conducted over defense.pk and in which Musharaf was getting few more votes than Zaid or Imrankhan were getting. competition was like 40, 30, 30. I cannot accept the same online poll conducted elsewhere would yield 83% votes for the Musharraf and no other person would get closer. These results are not any different from the results of MQM where not even a single vote is cast against them. :rofl:

None of us is just alive on-line. We see people around in our streets, villages and cities and we see how much respect Musharraf or Zardari get. This 83% public acceptance wasn't there even when Musharraf was in the honey-moon period of presidency, let alone after being thrown away and declared culprit by the Supreme Count of Paksitan. He had 8% popularity the moment he left his seat and you expect he would have gained 75% more votes just by staying out of politics and away from his country and people?.. Ridiculous Plus Plus!

the knowledge an average citizen has of it's leader are shown by ur answer :coffee: u have proven me right

the knowledge an average citizen has of it's leader are shown by ur answer :coffee: u have proven me right

No offense sir, there are only few elite minds in Pakistan including Musharraf and yourself and rest are average.. this is the thinking that made Musharraf the person who is being hatred to this level. Rest are average and I am superior is the thought that had made Pharaohs the Pharaohs. Zardari is worse kind but if you want to compare Musharraf with him, Musharraf beats Zardari with a big margin.

I respect your opinion but its not what majority of Pakistani's subscribe to. Welcome to democracy :)

Last edited:
No offense sir, there are only few elite minds in Pakistan including Musharraf and yourself and rest are average.. this is the thinking that made Musharraf the person who is being hatred to this level. Rest are average and I am superior is the thought that had made Pharaohs the Pharaohs. Zardari is worse kind but if you want to compare Musharraf with him, Musharraf beats Zardari with a big margin.

I respect your opinion but its not what majority of Pakistani's subscribe to. Welcome to democracy :)

don't get so emotional
if the general population was so smart than nawaz sharif, shahbaz sharif, zardari, and the bhuttos wouldnt come to power...over and over and over again....
think logically not emotionally :woot:

Yeah!! Mushy!! :victory: He's the BEST for Pakistan right now!! Don't kid yourselves, he is the only intelligent, honest and patriotic leader in sight. Whatever you have against him for seizing power and going into the WoT with the USA, get over it! He's not perfect by any means, what leader of a modern nation ever is? But, compared to the realistic competition for President of Pakistan, he's the next best thing to the resurrection of the Quaid-e-Azam that Pakistan has.

Go Mushy!!! :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan:

don't get so emotional
if the general population was so smart than nawaz sharif, shahbaz sharif, zardari, and the bhuttos wouldnt come to power...over and over and over again....
think logically not emotionally :woot:

Hello Sir. If you liking to put more mass of logic in the discussion, Nawaz-Sharif and BB, both were heavily supported by few hundred elites who liked to stay behind the curtains as always. Even present tenure of Banezir aka Zardari was pre-decided and the same elites were doing few dirty-tradings that average must not know. Thats why many average heads have started to believe that democracy sucks, big time! :agree:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom