What's new

Musharraf’ nomination papers rejected

Eliminating the influence of these Articles will not be achieved by any threats, but by a gradual and robust process over years and years that will wean the power structures off their dictatorial legacies.
Give an example of a specific action you have in mind to advocate, otherwise why should anybody - even yourself - take your comment as anything other than empty pabulum?

Give an example of a specific action you have in mind to advocate, otherwise why should anybody - even yourself - take your comment as anything other than empty pabulum?

A specific action? How about the next parliament meets and declares that religion and state are two separate things by annulling all laws that intertwine the two? But what are the chances of that ever happening?

A specific action? How about the next parliament meets and declares that religion and state are two separate things by annulling all laws that intertwine the two?
Does that sound like "a gradual and robust process" to you?

But what are the chances of that ever happening?
In 1967 Z.A. Bhutto was an ex-minister without a power base and Pakistan was run by generals. What were the chances that four years later Pakistan would have split, the generals would be submissive, and Z.A.B. would become the key leader of the remainder of the country?

Does that sound like "a gradual and robust process" to you?

In 1967 Z.A. Bhutto was an ex-minister without a power base and Pakistan was run by generals. What were the chances that four years later Pakistan would have split, the generals would be submissive, and Z.A.B. would become the key leader of the remainder of the country?

I was giving an example of a specific action, and one that would likely not happen because of its abruptness. Hence a more gradual process would be more likely to achieve what I described. Perhaps I was not able to make that clear enough.

(In 1971, the Generals were only biding their time given the recent military defeat. They were never submissive. A General hanged ZAB only a few years later.)

I was giving an example of a specific action, and one that would likely not happen because of its abruptness. Hence a more gradual process would be more likely to achieve what I described. Perhaps I was not able to make that clear enough.
Can you really think of the steps that "a more gradual process" would entail?

Can you really think of the steps that "a more gradual process" would entail?

A more gradual process one could hope for is a new Constitution separating religion and State, taking several years to build the national consensus supporting such a divorce, with suitable encouragements from the international community.

Such as...?

I don't think that would be really helpful. We already know the effects the international community has had on us.

Now that would be a really great discussion, but not here, Sir. I have a few ideas but they can wait for later. Discussing them here would merely invite fighting.

Now that would be a really great discussion, but not here, Sir. I have a few ideas but they can wait for later. Discussing them here would merely invite fighting.

We can make a new thread if you wish...or seniors cafe...?

And as you said earlier in the day, I am not sir!!!:D

A specific action? How about the next parliament meets and declares that religion and state are two separate things by annulling all laws that intertwine the two? But what are the chances of that ever happening?

The Chances of happening What you are saying is are very less. Actually Zero percent. Pakistan is an Islamic Country. Therefore Religion can't be separated from State. Even India is a Secular Country by Constitution , but every government function starts with pooja .

We can make a new thread if you wish...or seniors cafe...?

And as you said earlier in the day, I am not sir!!!:D

The Senior's Cafe is off limits to me for now. I do try to post there but their approval takes so long that the discussion halts.

You are Sir, but I am surely not! (Samjha karein Sirjee.)

Don't talk like a moron. I thought we were discussing Musharraf? How do Kashmiris figure here? The crap you just spewed out made you look silly and a darned sight idiotic. :fie: Grow up. It's never a good idea to forever remain a juvenile, continuously uttering nonsensical gibberish.

the topic is mush nomination papers, dont be dumb, you were the one who brought kashmir here

what mush did in kargil was the result of injustice faced by kashmiris

Back
Top Bottom