What's new

Musharraf’ nomination papers rejected

62, 63 applies only on Musharraf?

A bad call with far reaching consequences. 90% of all nominations should be rejected as I can't imagine these people are good humans let alone good Muslims...

62, 63 applies only on Musharraf?

A bad call with far reaching consequences. 90% of all nominations should be rejected as I can't imagine these people are good humans let alone good Muslims...

Everybody has a skeleton in their closet. So who can be allowed to contest? But what good is the election result if 90% applicants are rejected?

By 62 and 63, we would only have the Imam of Kaaba contesting for elections or a angel!

We are all not of good moral character, have committed sins, spoken lies and whatnot.

BTW, Imran Khan's papers have also been rejected/reservations expressed upon.

By 62 and 63, we would only have the Imam of Kaaba contesting for elections or a angel!

We are all not of good moral character, have committed sins, spoken lies and whatnot.

62/63 is a big mess. Zia terrible legacy lives on and on.

Imran Khan has a child out of wedlock. Everybody else has their own grounds for disqualification.

Not a good situation overall.

Its not 62 or 63 here its Article 6 that deals with committing Treason

IK papers have not been rejected. the reservations .... one can only lol

62/63 is a big mess. Zia terrible legacy lives on and on.

This was something that Ansar Abbasi yesterday in a TV show touched upon and I agree with him on this point. Granted that Zia made this article and introduced it but the future governments are equally guilty. Nawaz SHarif and BB had government, you can grant them the benefit of doubt as well, but this government from 2008 has to take the blame. They were there for 5 years, had majority, had the second biggest party (PML) in confidence as well for the 18th amendment, then why didn't they rectify it?

Both Zia and these subsequent government share the blame.

Not a good situation overall.

Agreed.

Is stealing national treasury not treason?

Look at some of the chuttu fanboys here.

Fine with zardaris and ganjas.

Fitay mun.

Oh now it's lets cry about Zia for lack of a better discussion.

Its not 62 or 63 here its Article 6 that deals with committing Treason

IK papers have not been rejected. the reservations .... one can only lol

I beg to differ - it's only the government of Pakistan which can file a case of treason under the article 6 & the hearing authority is apex court not some session court. Besides you can't reject one's nomination without already established conviction.

Everybody has a skeleton in their closet. So who can be allowed to contest? But what good is the election result if 90% applicants are rejected?

62, 63 are a scourge on Pakistan - they should be removed. If there is a conviction, remove the candidate. If there's not, then tough luck.

This was something that Ansar Abbasi yesterday in a TV show touched upon and I agree with him on this point. Granted that Zia made this article and introduced it but the future governments are equally guilty. Nawaz SHarif and BB had government, you can grant them the benefit of doubt as well, but this government from 2008 has to take the blame. They were there for 5 years, had majority, had the second biggest party (PML) in confidence as well for the 18th amendment, then why didn't they rectify it?

Both Zia and these subsequent government share the blame.

Agreed.

Elected governments have a much harder time trying to get constitutional amendments through compared to arm-twisting dictators. Evil seeds planted by dictators grown into might huge trees over the years for feeble democracies to cut. Usually they can only prune, and everybody suffers, just like the present situation.

62, 63 are a scourge on Pakistan - they should be removed. If there is a conviction, remove the candidate. If there's not, then tough luck.

But who will remove them? The evil acts of dictators live on and on because those who come after them are too weak to do what is right.

This election commission should rename itself as the Zardari commission. Since coming on and pretending to be impartial it has danced to the tunes of PPP and I don't expect this ECP to conduct free and fair elections.

Fakhru bhai - you have a career as a belly dancer in Zardari's court!

No way will these corrupt 5 men, ever allow overseas Pakistanis to even vote. PPP has no overseas vote. PPP's votebank is jhahil gawaar or the corrupt.

Elected governments have a much harder time trying to get constitutional amendments through compared to arm-twisting dictators. Evil seeds planted by dictators grown into might huge trees over the years for feeble democracies to cut. Usually they can only prune, and everybody suffers, just like the present situation.

That is why I said that previous governments could be given benefit of doubt. But this government had absolutely no hurdle to pass an amendment on this law. They legalized all their looting in a matter of days, they have plundered the coffers, so why can't do just one good thing?

Back
Top Bottom