What's new

Musharraf Lies onace again

come on.....when you start a made up story, the first person you try to fool is yourself, and the second person who doesnot know history, unfortunately for you I know how things unfolded....

I am not in mood to go counter, but like to see an inquiry into the matter and get the culprits jailed or hanged..so that Balochistan may feel part of pakistan..

I am not saying that its right, but this is not the way to go about, especially when we exploit their rights..., try that on LeJ/SSP and in Karachi Mafias and in Interior Sindh... fooj ki wahan phat jati hai action kartay?

whatever is going on in Balochistan is because of what the army did...

Why the assumption that only you know the inside and that there is only one perspective on the final showdown? Secondly, I do not equate Bugti = Baluchistan.

There are some very fundamental problems in our attitudes towards the province and like FATA, successive governments have been guilty of massive disregard toward Balochistan. So no issues with attempts to bring the Baloch back into the fold.

Secondly, Army is not scared of going after LeJ/SSP but does not feel that its the role of the military to essentially police and check extremist groups that police should be doing as these groups operate inside of cities. The case with the BLA is that of a secessionist movement and that has implications on the integrity of the state. When police, FC, non-Baloch citizens of Pakistan are being sniped at and murdered, when supply of natural gas is being disrupted impacting the economy of the entire country, then obviously the government would need to bring in Federal forces. The BLA operate in the mountains, does the police have the resources to carry out an anti-insurgency campaign? No.

Lastly, what is the way forward for any Government in Pakistan with regards to Balochistan? Do you continue to fund the Nawabs or do you try to bypass them? Essentially this is the problem that we have to find a solution for.

I personally liked Nawab Bugti's personality. He was a bold man. Unfortunately the end was far different than what I had imagined for a man like him, but at the same time, I also did not imagine that he would pick up the gun against the state.

Why the assumption that only you know the inside and that there is only one perspective on the final showdown? Secondly, I do not equate Bugti = Baluchistan.

There are some very fundamental problems in our attitudes towards the province and like FATA, successive governments have been guilty of massive disregard toward Balochistan. So no issues with attempts to bring the Baloch back into the fold.

Secondly, Army is not scared of going after LeJ/SSP but does not feel that its the role of the military to essentially police and check extremist groups that police should be doing as these groups operate inside of cities. The case with the BLA is that of a secessionist movement and that has implications on the integrity of the state. When police, FC, non-Baloch citizens of Pakistan are being sniped at and murdered, when supply of natural gas is being disrupted impacting the economy of the entire country, then obviously the government would need to bring in Federal forces. The BLA operate in the mountains, does the police have the resources to carry out an anti-insurgency campaign? No.

Lastly, what is the way forward for any Government in Pakistan with regards to Balochistan? Do you continue to fund the Nawabs or do you try to bypass them? Essentially this is the problem that we have to find a solution for.

I personally liked Nawab Bugti's personality. He was a bold man. Unfortunately the end was far different than what I had imagined for a man like him, but at the same time, I also did not imagine that he would pick up the gun against the state.

I am not saying I know the truth or something like it, but dont make up a story... preferably said so that an inquiry should decide who the culprits are...

Demanding rights is not illegal. Taking up arms against the state surely is a crime. However, the tendency to take up arms in pursuit of rights usually arises only if political venues are denied persistently and unfairly.

I kind of agree with that, but when you take up arms you lay down all your rights and demands and are eligible to be killed...and labelled as an enemy of the state.

Let's be fair, who isn't getting rights in Pakistan? Does that mean that the whole country should take up arms? No.

Bugti could have done much more than take up arms. Similarly, all these Bugtis, Marris and Mengals right now who often enjoy booze parties in Switzerland and England should channel their efforts towards achieving a solution through peaceful means.

BRA and BLA, they also have legitimate demands then, but they are taking up arms, so does that mean that their demands should be catered to? No...no chance...you don't put forward demands and expect them to be fulfilled when you have a AK in one hand and blowing up gas pipelines and railway tracks.

I am not saying that its right, but this is not the way to go about, especially when we exploit their rights..., try that on LeJ/SSP and in Karachi Mafias and in Interior Sindh... fooj ki wahan phat jati hai action kartay?

So Army is responsible for Karachi and interior Sindh and LeJ? Why don't we just disband the police and get a Army station in each neighborhood? Balochistan problem was against a terrorist outfit at almost the same level as TTP, they were trying to break up the largest province of Pakistan...LeJ and Karachi mafia is not of that order, karachi target killers are purely a fault of the political parties...

whatever is going on in Balochistan is because of what the army did...

and what Baloch sardars did, and what politicians did, and what we as a nation did.

So Army is responsible for Karachi and interior Sindh and LeJ? Why don't we just disband the police and get a Army station in each neighborhood? Balochistan problem was against a terrorist outfit at almost the same level as TTP, they were trying to break up the largest province of Pakistan...LeJ and Karachi mafia is not of that order, karachi target killers are purely a fault of the political parties...

and what Baloch sardars did, and what politicians did, and what we as a nation did.

ja yar.... hun tay tu chadna shoro hogiya aye...

ja yar.... hun tay tu chadna shoro hogiya aye...

Was it not...?

BLA and BRA had the ability to conduct ops in the whole province, any army officer posted in Balochistan is strictly discouraged from venturing outside, airport say cantt tak sath 3 ISI double cabins hoti hain!...the people know that, everyone knows that. This is Quetta I am talking about, forget about Dera Bugti, Khuzdar and other areas.

Please note, I am not talking about their fear factor and their ideological support, but purely their ability to conduct attacks at will and to operate anywhere they wanted.

I am not saying I know the truth or something like it, but dont make up a story... preferably said so that an inquiry should decide who the culprits are...

What I am recounting is from some of the people that were involved and performing duties in the region. At the state level, facts can be concealed, but within the Army, people speak and narrate their experiences. 4 officers dying is not an every day occurrence and that too in an incident involving Nawab Bugti.

Lets hold an inquiry. Let the troops involved speak freely and lets avoid the controversies at the political level (Musharraf etc.). The facts will come out quite clearly.

I hope the same happens with Lal Masjid. Get those who took action and let them speak freely. A lot of things that the public has no idea about will come out.

You are either absolutely misinformed or telling a half-truth!

Name me one family of a missing woman or girl that has opened up a case against the government for their missing womenfolk. An outright and disgusting lie that continues to weave its way through the minds of some.

Army operation only happened when armed people did not come out of the compound despite multiple deadlines.

Lets be absolutely clear, in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, NO group or entity is allowed to carry arms without appropriate licenses. NO group or entity is allowed to take up arms against the Government of Pakistan. Get clarity of thought on this issue. Otherwise Pakistan will become an anarchist state with conditions much worse than today. Anarchy spreads when every Tom, Dick or Harry thinks he is the Khalifa. Even in a minimally Islamic state, this cannot be allowed.

The Saudis, Egyptians and Algerians would have torn down the Lal Masjid compound without regard for anyone. Give thanks that the GoP does not act in such a way. In reality, its probably a weakness of ours which is why everyone flouts the laws here.

There are many, about 30 of them already reached SC for this. And cases are already running.

Agree with your other part, but unfortunately our government (politicians) or Army don't take action in the start be it Lal Masjid, or Bugti or Agencies trying to get criminal supports in no go area etc. These bugs needs to be finish in the start, rather than wait them have enough power and kick them out. Establishment, Berocrates or Politicians all keep these armed group for their use.

He had absolute power for 10 years, he failed to do so.

albert-insane1.jpg

I don't think this quote came from Albert Einstein as scientifically experimenting the same thing again and again could result in different achievements.

BTW, this wise Albert Einstein now a days very active in social media, write anything you follow by his name.

On the topic, Musharraf is right; he didn't kill as he was in Islamabad. :D

Back
Top Bottom