What's new

Musharraf episode turns dity; Lawyers barred from meeting

they were pressurised to except that because of shareefs in punjab and the wife of the victim even committed suicide

as i said, our judiciary is rigged because of politics

And how would you hold judiciary responsible for the pressure? Are you saying judges went to kins to pressurize them? What would a judge do if plaintiff/prosecution pulls back?

Our judiciary right from the beginning till this day have worked under influence. Previously it was musharaf who would influence judges now its the malice or something which is influencing.

Point is not about what he gave to the people of Pakistan, of course no saner would deny the progress in his era. Point rather is about what he did with politicians and judges, judges whether were angles or devils were sacked and detained with no access to legal assistance. Now the same judges whether partial or impartial are there to serve justice, there's no point lamenting if there's a malice. Simple deal with it!

Head of state can fire an employee of the government,and judges were just that.
They were detained on grounds of violent protests.
Had they kept it as a legal proceeding,nothing had happened,courts were free even in his era.

Is that how it works? Where in the world? In India, judges of High Courts & of the SC can only be removed through impeachment by parliament by a 2/3rd majority.

Is that how it works? Where in the world? In India, judges of High Courts & of the SC can only be removed through impeachment by parliament by a 2/3rd majority.

There is no such legislation in pakistan....
So the judges should have accepted their dismissal.

But even if that was illegal...the judges should come out of their hypocracy and say that they are trying him for personal reasons instead of creating complications in his case for personal reasons and give him a fair trial.

Some silly people with no factual information leave them, there are atleast 5 major wrong moves by musharraf that will lead him to prison but as I see it US will rescue him after final verdict.

Nay it doesn't work that way. In Pakistan it's the supreme judicial counsel which is authorized.

When the same judges were overreaching and hauling Gilani and Raja Rental into court, we were cheering them. Now when they are after other sacred cows like Gen Musharraf, we don't like them?

Let the courts go through their process for Gen Musharraf too.

1. They weren't the same judges.
2. They didn't over-reach
3. The issue here is not over-reach
4. They were not judges on their own case

I don't think its possible at the moment :D

I will never vote for Musharraf - however I'm compelled to speak up for him.

Its called poetic justice, and its hard to find a judge who has not been jailed by Musharraf :D
Sir we want justice, not poetic justice of trumped up charges. I was fine with him being arrested until the clause of terrorism was added. Power has been misused by adding that clause, just to convert a bailable offence to a non-bailable one.

People going for poetic justice will now ruin the name of the judiciary that it has earned.

Thats our 'judiciary' who are not acting within confines of the law.
What a shame.
This is not justice...this is revenge politics.
In his era if judges and lawyers had not behaved as baboons on streets,nothing had happened and no judge had been arrested,so they have only themselves to blame.
Musharraf did the right thing by restraining them as they were law breakers at that time.
Now samw law breakers are hearing his case..how can we expect anything to be done according to the law.
These are thugs in black coats sitting in the courts.

R-I-P Pakistan's legal system.

Musharraf didn't ruin the judiciary in 2007, but in 2013. When his presence forced a high court judge to invent charges...

Musharraf almost destroyed the judiciary to see his ends meet, payback or not, bias or not there is a Judiciary functioning.

It may have bias now because its pillars were shaken, I have no doubt that with the passage of time and if the Generals stop interfering then it will become less biased slowly...

You cannot expect anything to be without bias in Pakistan at least given how the things have played out for decades.

Please look at it this way: Both Gilani and Raja had to go through the process prescribed by the courts. Let Gen Musharraf do the same. We can wait for the verdicts and see what they decide.

The process is fine. Out of process is not. They were not denied bail. Their offence was not increased to deny bail. They were not denied legal counsel.

We have to accept the courts as they exist now, because there is no other choice to select a judiciary.

There are still judges who were not affected by Musharraf's actions. New judges must have come into the fold in the past 5 years. A proper bench should be created to hear his case.

PA has failed in safeguarding Pakistani interests, sorry but they can't be allowed to pursue more adventures in future. An example has to be made out of Mushrraf :coffee:

You need to decide are you punishing Musharraf for the law or to make example?

If its to make an example, then shoot him now, GHQ will fall on their knees. But thne don't say you are following the law. Accept you are unlawful. If it is to follow the law, then accept the inconsistencies of pursuing a lawful approach in all this.

PS you lost your credibility by posting NS's picture...

Musharraf almost destroyed the judiciary to see his ends meet, payback or not, bias or not there is a Judiciary functioning.

It may have bias now because its pillars were shaken, I have no doubt that with the passage of time and if the Generals stop interfering then it will become less biased slowly...

You cannot expect anything to be without bias in Pakistan at least given how the things have played out for decades.

At least nonpartisan judges can be placed in. The rest is immaterial unless you are trying him for it.

They were detained on grounds of violent protests.
Had they kept it as a legal proceeding,nothing had happened,courts were free even in his era.

And you call yourself a senior member here on PDF???:stop:

Back
Top Bottom