What's new

Musharraf booked for judges’ illegal confinement

What Musharaff did in 1999 was not perfectly legal. This sham trial based on 2007 events that he is being charged with is certainly not the greatest crime he is accused of.
This has nothing to do with the illegal confinement case and needed to be discussed separately.

It almost seems like this has been arranged by his own supporters to "gracefully" arrange his exit from Pakistan while still maintaining maximum dignity. How convenient that this is happening while he is on a world tour.
Not it cannot be convinient but was this the only objective or are their any leagal grounds also?
You cannot accept him as partial President! by accepting his partial ordinances but rejecting others.

This has nothing to do with the illegal confinement case and needed to be discussed separately.

Regarding the illegal confinement case, the reason I mentioned the 1999 coup against Nawaz Sharif's government was because that was a much much more serious accusation against Musharaff than the accusation you are leveling against Sharif regarding the Aitezaz Ahsan beatings.

Not it cannot be convinient but was this the only objective or are their any leagal grounds also?

Oh come on, it is very convenient. The arrest warrant or booking came out while Musharaff was not within arrestable distance of Pakistani authorities. He can escape unscathed without spending an hour in a jail cell. Compare that to the hell and torture Zardari went through for years and I think Nawaz Sharif also for some time.

Also compare this to what Musharaff did to General Hamid Gul. Had him arrested and humiliated in jail just for voicing his opinions! Compare that to what Mushy has been exposed to--just a tap on the shoulder by someone with the whispered comment "Sir we will soon have a public announcement making your return unsafe for now". Musharaff is getting off very easy!

You cannot accept him as partial President! by accepting his partial ordinances but rejecting others.

Who Musharaff? I don't really accept him as president. I did accept as fact a long time ago that he was president which he obviously was but the more I learned about Agent Mushy the more I dissaproved of him holding any kind of power in the army or in civilian government. So I personally do not accept as legitimate his presence in any role. So his partial ordinaances and all his other ordinances are not legit to me and to the majority of other pakistanis.

It was increased in 2008, but yeah I only quoted what I remembered so thanks for adding the information.

What are the basis to increase the ages? Was it part of give and take deal, for not invalidating the NRO?

^
As if Musharraf will get a arrest warrant today and put on the next flight to Pakistan. He left power knowing international guarantors secured his ticket out of this mess, after all he did so much for them.

All of this is happening when he's left the country why didn't Chief saab do it when he was inside the country. Pakistan's aid is linked to Musharraf's safe passage, this is what the Saudis want and that is what Pakistan will have to do.

What are the basis to increase the ages? Was it part of give and take deal, for not invalidating the NRO?

Rather it is to do with having senior judges and I cant see your logic with regards NRO, since Musharraf approved it no one else and now it set to be scrapped. You will have your usual calls for Politicians in court soon, happy.:D

Regarding the illegal confinement case, the reason I mentioned the 1999 coup against Nawaz Sharif's government was because that was a much much more serious accusation against Musharaff than the accusation you are leveling against Sharif regarding the Aitezaz Ahsan beatings.

Oh come on, it is very convenient. The arrest warrant or booking came out while Musharaff was not within arrestable distance of Pakistani authorities. He can escape unscathed without spending an hour in a jail cell. Compare that to the hell and torture Zardari went through for years and I think Nawaz Sharif also for some time.

Also compare this to what Musharaff did to General Hamid Gul. Had him arrested and humiliated in jail just for voicing his opinions! Compare that to what Mushy has been exposed to--just a tap on the shoulder by someone with the whispered comment "Sir we will soon have a public announcement making your return unsafe for now". Musharaff is getting off very easy!

Who Musharaff? I don't really accept him as president. I did accept as fact a long time ago that he was president which he obviously was but the more I learned about Agent Mushy the more I dissaproved of him holding any kind of power in the army or in civilian government. So I personally do not accept as legitimate his presence in any role. So his partial ordinaances and all his other ordinances are not legit to me and to the majority of other pakistanis.

Again you are all on the miscourse.
Every thing can be rebutted but i will not go off topic otherwise it will end no where.
Examples like confinement of Aitizaz Ahsan, and Zardari in Jails inclusive of torture have no comparison with the confinement of judges in their houses by a legal President.
What the hell it has to do with the top brass of military being cleared up by a political judge! who is restored as a result of a deal of not discussing NRO!

You don't accept him as a President does not matter what matter is that he was elected by most democratic way STATE WIDE REFERENDUM and not as aresult of deal or horse trading.
He rose to the ranks of army cheif by virtue of his service towards nation.
We know india, dickcheney and other states are pouring billions of dollars and brain power to find any misdeed by Musharraf to prevent him from taking the lead role in every key matter related to Pakistan and clearing every misconception which Zardari and Rehman Malik are creating against Pakistan and its natives.

What you are doing is only talking there is nothing on the ground to convict him and this only speaks highly of the man.
There should be nothing more to say.

They have retirement ages, probably 60 is the retirement age for a judge. So no extension of term.

I was asking because a senior lawyer was arguing with me that as these judegs were deposed so the time period while they were not on job will also be given to them i mean extra time period but then when i asked if they say they were still the legal judegs during that period and were paid salaries for that period too then howcome they be awarded more time.

Rather it is to do with having senior judges and I cant see your logic with regards NRO, since Musharraf approved it no one else and now it set to be scrapped. You will have your usual calls for Politicians in court soon, happy.:D

Having senior judges! any less age than 65 is not senior?
Usually these kinds of laws are promoted in states with nagative population and least expected in countries where unemployment and inflation is rising sharply.
NRO is an ordinance and needs validation of parliament. If it will be declined or approved in parliament is a matter should not be known to any soul. yet you know it.
In any case it does not make any sense if NRO got scraped than technicaly whole parliament should go to jail!
That is why i said all those granted with age extension will be key culprits in helping the benficiaries of NRO in any way if it got scrapped by miracle.

Again you are all on the miscourse.
Every thing can be rebutted but i will not go off topic otherwise it will end no where.
Examples like confinement of Aitizaz Ahsan, and Zardari in Jails inclusive of torture have no comparison with the confinement of judges in their houses by a legal President.
What the hell it has to do with the top brass of military being cleared up by a political judge! who is restored as a result of a deal of not discussing NRO!

The political judge that issued Musharaff's arrest warrant did him a big favor. A favor that I and interceptor rightly suspects was brokered behind the scenes to allow Agent Mushy to escape like a lucky villain into the sunset so that all future puppets and especially military puppets are assured that their personal safety is well taken care of.

You don't accept him as a President does not matter what matter is that he was elected by most democratic way STATE WIDE REFERENDUM and not as aresult of deal or horse trading.

That is a popular joke which has been repeatedly told. Musharaff was certainly not elected in 1999. He came to power in a Mossad/CIA orchestrated military coup and then installed puppets and supporters all over through PML-Q. This party later had him "elected" in a sham government but even then he was overthrown by the system that he presided over as a dictator. Anyone can see that there was no "democratic" backing of any kind. The vast majority of Pakistanis want to kill him, a smaller minority want to jail him and an extremely tiny group of people wish him well. There is nothing "democratic" about his power. Yes, in the beginning he fooled many naive people in the educated, liberal classes into thinking he was the best thing that happened to Pakistan but no longer is this the case and this will never be the case again with Agent Mushy. He is finished for good in pakistani politics and perhaps even in pakistan itself.

He rose to the ranks of army cheif by virtue of his service towards nation.
We know india, dickcheney and other states are pouring billions of dollars and brain power to find any misdeed by Musharraf to prevent him from taking the lead role in every key matter related to Pakistan and clearing every misconception which Zardari and Rehman Malik are creating against Pakistan and its natives.

I seriously doubt India or Dick Cheney want to educate the Pakistani public in the fine art of neocolonialism. So these billions of dollars you allege are being spent to find any misdeed by Musharaff are most likely being spent to find any misdeed by Musharaff which does not link Musharaff back to his puppetmasters! No wonder so much money has to be spent--the poor guy didn't have enough time to commit any misdeed *not* ordered by his foreign and domestic handlers since he was so busy doing their bidding.

What you are doing is only talking there is nothing on the ground to convict him and this only speaks highly of the man.
There should be nothing more to say.

Convict him of what? I clearly stated that the 2007 charges were sham. They were just a red rag shown to a bull(the pakistani public) in order that the bull charge to the red rag and forget about the more important event--the 1999 coup which is grand treason. This is the real trial which Agent Mushy's puppetmasters do not want in the headlines! Because if too many pakistanis start thinking about that then it is bad news for all the future traitors in waiting! But it looks like backroom deals have been made to make sure he is given amnesty and on top of that is allowed to escape while fleeing a "lesser charge" of jailing some silly judge.

Maqsad when was the last time any feudal political family got punished for the crimes???

If not then your logic against only army people is useless.

I was asking because a senior lawyer was arguing with me that as these judegs were deposed so the time period while they were not on job will also be given to them i mean extra time period but then when i asked if they say they were still the legal judegs during that period and were paid salaries for that period too then howcome they be awarded more time.

That lawyer is wrong since some of the 60 deposed Judges have retired due to age being one of the factors. You probably might know this anyways. It is in their own discretion to retire and most retire gracefully. There will be no extension the only thing that was agreed is that they will receive their salaries that were outstanding during that period.

Maqsad when was the last time any feudal political family got punished for the crimes???

4 April, 1979 - Zulfikar Ali Bhutto hanged by a Saudi/CIA puppet.

12 October 1999 - Nawaz Sharif jailed by a Mossad puppet and later exiled.

If not then your logic against only army people is useless.

The army is full of the most patriotic and selfless people in the lower rungs. The top brass has some good people but also some corrupt people who are playing games for their foreign handlers. Anyone who keeps calling Musharaff "an army person" is just using the army label to shield and protect him.

The problem people have with Agent Mushy is not that he is an army person, but that he is a corrupt army person whose masters have used him to turn the army against the country that produced it!

It sounds too good to be true that the pakistani military top brass is finally being cleaned up and tried for treason. I think this is just an opening move to start negotiations for his exile to Saudi Arabia, Turkey or wherever he ends up. No way will his puppetmasters allow him to serve time in Pakistan because he holds too many of their dirty secrets--they will kill him first.

No my friend I don’t want to repeat my post but still very long way to go. Until unless there is some major tactical shift in army’s policies no general ( I mean to say retired general) will be trialed. If some one wants to disagree with me just check what happened in Mirza Aslam Baig case and also we should not forget about Asghar Khan’s writ in SC about distribution of money by ISI. For how many years its is pending and for how many years it will remain pending only God knows.

In Saudi’s culture he is not confortable Turkey is ok. It was resonating news during his last days of kingship that he is intending to settle in Turkey but Turkish govt is reluctant to provide “desired level” of security.

Back
Top Bottom