Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murdke? Here's an old news story refering to Muridke:

One killed, 26 injured as three blasts rock Muridke

5 November 1999
The News International, Pakistan
By Special Correspondent

MURIDKE: Three bombs exploded in quick succession near the gathering of Lashkar-e-Taiba, killing one person and injuring at least 26 others, said police and eyewitnesses. The dead man was identified as Muhammad Nadeem who worked at the oven of the restaurant where one of the explosions took place.

DIG (Traffic) Qamar Altaf, DIG (Police Crime Range) Malik Muhammad Maqbool and DC Tajul Malook Qureshi rushed to the spot where panic had spread among the people. "We don't know whether India was involved, but we are investigating the possibility," Iqbal said.

Seven of the wounded were in critical condition. There was no immediate claim of responsibility and it wasn't clear whether the victims had been attending the conference. The blasts took place about two kilometers from the annual gathering of the Lashkar-e-Taiba, residents said.

The first bomb weighing 1 kg went off at 2:20 pm outside a small hotel in Madina Market where over two dozens people were taking tea, said eyewitnesses and police. They said at least 24 people were injured, seven of them seriously.

The second bomb weighing half kg went off near Narowal Bus Stop at 3:20 pm, injuring a policeman Muhammad Yaseen, posted there for keeping watch, and the third device also weighing half kg exploded near city's railway station at 3:50 pm, injuring Gulzar Begum, an aged woman.

Bomb disposal units found a fourth bomb which they defused, police said. Police also ordered residents off the street, while the search was conducted. Security at the site of the three-day affair has been tight, with dozens of men checking for possible explosives.

A bomb exploded last year, killing five people at a similar gathering which the organisers blamed on Indian security agents. "This is a conspiracy against the freedom fighters," said conference leaders over loudspeakers on Thursday.

One killed, 26 injured as three blasts rock Muridke

This rather old news report indicated how deeply entrenched these terror groups were in Pakistani society in 1999 - the Police is talking about these groups as if they are normal civilian organizations when infact they were training terrorists!!

I am amazed that such a news story can even be written without the question being asked "WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE TRAINING TERRORISTS???"

india has blamed pakistan in the past, sometimes without proof, and sometimes we have been proven wrong (malegon blasts incident comes to mind). as an indian, i am ashamed of that.

but that doesnt mean we are wrong all the time. it is evident that the attackers are pakistanis and the attack was formulated in pakistan. so this time pakistan, and pakistanis, have to take the issue seriously. if terrorists continue using pakistan to launch attacks that threaten peace and stability in india, then we'll have no choice but to retaliate.

Reactions: Neo
It took your NSG 36 hours to eliminate 18 suspects out of 40 while they had killed 160 people! Still a few are holed up in the Taj and the rest have disappeared in Mumbai scaring the living crap out of Mumbites who are pigeonholed too scared to come out! Wow! I am already impressed at the level of training of your especial forces! :rofl:

100 people already were killed before the commondos were brought in.....

They safely brought 200 people from TAJ and Oberoi Hotels.........

Dont be too naive........Plz

It took your NSG 36 hours to eliminate 18 suspects out of 40 while they had killed 160 people! Still a few are holed up in the Taj and the rest have disappeared in Mumbai scaring the living crap out of Mumbites who are pigeonholed too scared to come out! Wow! I am already impressed at the level of training of your especial forces! :rofl:

Exactly they taken time because they have respect for life of the hostage and they are not out to destroy there own country like your army does in NWFP hint: use of artillary and air force. And hold they also surrender right. Oh also US comes and kills your countrey man as they wish.

OUR MEN IN BLACK HEROES

HATS OFF TO YOU GUYS>>>>>>>

6601ec9b7b755d0c4a9a1e0a014d5cb3.jpg

1c601b2999030bf21af5867dc5f03943.jpg

1aa41627327827bf3d2441314757ab6d.jpg

43115984d68525f1d58c71fecc0ae7a0.jpg

03f6bb58e13c86dc0ef70c028670435e.jpg

Love u GUYS................ BHARAT MATA KI......JAI....

They look highly unprofessional to me. Honestly...

Attachments

• 83842426.jpg
    83842426.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 17
2a2ab433acd4c530c98829c045513cf1._.jpg

Now shut up and stick to the topic..........

This is an Indian Army Sniper carrying a Russian 7.62mm Draganov Sniper Rifle tied around him by a .......... wait for it.............. ''ROPE''???!!?????? Wow! real sophistication & professionalism! And the way the guy is climbing the aluminum rail seems more like his cat is lost on the roof!

india has blamed pakistan in the past, sometimes without proof, and sometimes we have been proven wrong (malegon blasts incident comes to mind). as an indian, i am ashamed of that.

but that doesnt mean we are wrong all the time. it is evident that the attackers are pakistanis and the attack was formulated in pakistan. so this time pakistan, and pakistanis, have to take the issue seriously. if terrorists continue using pakistan to launch attacks that threaten peace and stability in india, then we'll have no choice but to retaliate.

you are excatly right su, This incedent is going to have a ripple affect that will change the future.

Exactly they taken time because they have respect for life of the hostage and they are not out to destroy there own country like your army does in NWFP hint: use of artillary and air force. And hold they also surrender right. Oh also US comes and kills your countrey man as they wish.

Life of Hostage????? How do you know that whether your own NSG may not have shot and killed the Jewish Hostages the way they are blowing up the buildings with explosives!!! Such large explosions are not grenade based, they are either semtex or TNT based whihc is stuff carried normally by special forces for breaching!

And secondly, drop you holier-tan-thou attitude buddy! Your self-righteous BS smells more that your ignorant attitude.

Those are Policemen, not Commandos - care to notice the obvious difference in uniform?

It took a lot of time to get there. Lots of killed people. Looking at the pics I have seen more prefessional people...

Look how 2 people guard a window, one sits on the bed (looks like that) and the person living there is behind his bed... O the other part where a person walks aroun with his gun... Or the one that shoots without aiming... If he hits something with his mp5 then he should be the next Indian president.

C'mon, If these pics show you a professional force then I have to say those terrorist have shown real impressive show. Keeping the area in their hands while wounded...

27 Nov 2008

Guardian UK

The claim of responsibility came from a group no one had heard of before, the Deccan Mujahideen. The Deccan plateau is a huge area of central and southern India, and mujahideen is the Arab word for Islamic holy warriors.

The name suggests a domestic agenda with foreign inspiration. The claim may of course be bogus, or the name could be a cover for another group, but it looks a fair guess at this early stage that this represents home-grown terrorism with an imported twist.

India is one of the principal targets of terrorism. According to the US state department, 2,300 people died in terrorist attacks in the country during the course of 2007. There are Maoist groups in the east and centre and nationalists in the north-east.

In this case it looks like Islamist extremism, for which Mumbai has been a particular target. More than 250 people were killed there in a series of 13 bomb blasts in 1993 blamed on Muslim militants. Two years ago more than 200 people were killed by bomb attacks on trains and railway stations. The police charged about 30 suspects belonging to a Pakistan-based group called Lashkar-i-Taiba and a northern group called Students Islamic Movement of India.

The violence is fuelled by longstanding ethnic tensions that were inflamed by riots in Gujarat State near Mumbai six years ago. Nearly 2,000 people were killed, most of them Muslims. The most serious attacks followed those riots.

But there is clearly something different about this attack. It has relied not on bombs, but a coordinated assault by men with rifles who seem to have arrived at some of their targets by boat. They appear to be on a suicide mission. In at least one instance they singled out Britons and Americans, and one of their targets was a Orthodox Jewish centre. Clearly there is outside influence on their strategy and ideology.

It is too early to say whether there is an al-Qaida connection, and such links can take many forms, from active training and assistance in planning and logistics to simple inspiration from the internet.

What is likely is that the attacks will get blamed on Pakistan and its Inter-Services Intelligence agency (ISI), as have previous Islamist atrocities. US counter-terrorism officials believe some ISI members played a role in an attack this year on the Indian embassy in Afghanistan.

Mumbai may be the latest of many outrages that have their roots in recent Indian history – but the targeting of westerners suggests this is becoming globalised, intertwined with a brand of violent extremism emanating from Pakistan and Afghanistan

You see a lot of Hollywood movies don't you..

No I do not see Hollywood movies a lot!

I actually know a few things more than you do about Special Forces & their training programs all over the world than you do! That's all!

And the more I see the Indian comments praising the Especial Forces NSG, the more I am amused at the internal ignorance whihc you Indians display on military and spec ops code!

It took a lot of time to get there. Lots of killed people. Looking at the pics I have seen more prefessional people...

Look how 2 people guard a window, one sits on the bed (looks like that) and the person living there is behind his bed... O the other part where a person walks aroun with his gun... Or the one that shoots without aiming... If he hits something with his mp5 then he should be the next Indian president.

C'mon, If these pics show you a professional force then I have to say those terrorist have shown real impressive show. Keeping the area in their hands while wounded...

Well, I have no professional knowledge about commando tactics, so I cannot comment.

However, I do have full faith in their training and their abilities.

Their deployment was a Political decision, so you cannot blame them for being deployed late.

Well, I have no professional knowledge about commando tactics, so I cannot comment.

However, I do have full faith in their training and their abilities.

Thanks for proving my point!

However, trust me when I say this my friend! Your spec ops are good but not that good when we talk about countries such as India, Pakistan etc etc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom