What's new

Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to CNN-IBN ISI chief have been requested to come to India......To hand him the evidence of the involvement of ISI......

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is true. Indeed there are some traitors in Hyderabad, especially in the Old city.

Yup... even my background is f4m there... so ya we're proud traitors! lol!

Thing is in hyderabad remnants of the nizam remain and not all people managed to shift sahi sey. Others are just sick of the same indian bias and discrimination etc etc that they have to suffer every single day...

This guy is now a minister in Pakistan likin hes f4m hyd'z:
YouTube - nuzixpaki117's Channel

Leaves quite a nice presentation of what happens to minorities in India dont you think? ;)

I am admitting to "hating" jihadis. Maybe you love them or merely "dislike" them? Anyway, after reading hundreds of posts on this forum, I am certainly used to the fact that most here do not feel kindly towards the USA and reflexively will challenge anything an American posts. That's OK. We can take it. Blast away!!

Thanx f4 providing the opportunity... we'll always be grateful...

:D

I am admitting to "hating" jihadis. Maybe you love them or merely "dislike" them? Anyway, after reading hundreds of posts on this forum, I am certainly used to the fact that most here do not feel kindly towards the USA and reflexively will challenge anything an American posts. That's OK. We can take it. Blast away!!

You have finally figured out how this forum works, I am proud of you. :) :usflag:

This is how it works, if you present facts to them they would blast you not because what you say is wrong, but because you are an American.

However, when their fellow countrymen says the same thing...everyone shuts up. :)

That's why I like this forum, meet all kinds of people. :)

Gilani agrees to send ISI chief to India
Friday, November 28, 2008, (New Delhi/Islamabad)
Pakistan on Friday agreed to send the chief of its spy agency Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) to share information over the deadly terror attack in Mumbai after India blamed "some elements in Pakistan" for engineering the strike.

Pakistan was quick to deny the charge of the alleged complicity of Pakistan-based terrorists in the attack and asked India not to "play politics", saying the two countries need to tackle this menace together.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh requested his Pakistani counterpart Yousuf Raza Gilani to send the ISI chief when the latter telephoned him in the morning, official sources said.

Official sources in Islamabad said Gilani agreed to the request.

This will be the first time Pakistan's spy agency chief will be visiting India in connection with the probe of a terror attack.

ISI is headed by Lt-General Ahmed Shuja Pasha, who was recently appointed to the post by army chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani.

India and Pakistan deal with terrorism-related issues in home secretary-level talks and in the joint anti-terror mechanism they set up over two years ago.

Pakistan's Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, who is on a four-day visit to India, has suggested the setting up of a direct hotline between the intelligence chiefs of the two countries to bolster counter-terrorism cooperation.

Indian security agencies have said that the existing evidence pointed to the Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashker-e-Taiba (LeT) whose men used the sea route from Karachi to launch a string of coordinated terror strikes Wednesday night.

The terrorists targeted at least 10 places, including two five-star hotels, in Mumbai that has killed at least 143 people and left over 300 injured.

"According to preliminary information, some elements in Pakistan are responsible for Mumbai terror attacks," External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee told reporters in Jodhpur.

"Proof cannot be disclosed at this time," he said.
"Please keep the [promise you made]. Please dismantle infrastructure (of terrorists), arrest them," Mukherjee said while reminding Pakistan of its Jan 6, 2004 pledge not to allow its territory to be used for terror attacks against India.

Islamabad had reiterated this assurance at a meeting Manmohan Singh held with Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari on the margins of the UN General Assembly session Sep 24.

Eminent strategic experts and Pakistan-watchers, too, blamed elements in Pakistan for masterminding and executing the terror strikes in Mumbai, but were not sure whether these elements enjoyed the patronage of the nine-month-old civilian government in that country.

"It could be rogue elements or jihadi elements in Pakistan who may not be under the control of the Pakistani government," K Subrahmanyam, a strategic expert, told IANS.

"We should tell the international community that Pakistan is a failing state which does not have control over people living in its territory. All these jihadi elements are freely roaming in the streets of Pakistan," Subrahmanyam suggested.

G Parthasarathy, a former Indian high commissioner to Pakistan, said it appeared to be the handiwork of the LeT. He pointed to the Deccan Mujahideen, a shadowy group which has claimed responsibility for the Mumbai attacks, and argued that no Indian, Hindu or Muslim, uses the word "Deccan" for the Indian city of Hyderabad.

"It's a terminology that is used by only LeT. Their declared aim is to liberate the Muslim of India from Hindu rule, specially in the cities of Hyderabad, Junagarh and Kashmir," Parthasarathy said.

In an address to the nation Thursday, Manmohan Singh said India will take up "strongly with our neighbours that the use of their territory for launching attacks on us will not be tolerated, and that there would be a cost if suitable measures are not taken by them".

Manmohan Singh had said the "well-planned and well-orchestrated attacks, probably with external linkages, were intended to create a sense of panic by choosing high profile targets and indiscriminately killing foreigners".

Pakistan's foreign minister, however, denied any role of his country in the Mumbai attacks.

"Do not be jingoistic. Understand the sentiments behind it," Qureshi told reporters in Ajmer in response to Mukherjee's remarks.

"Understand that there are innocent people affected by it. We are fighting the same issue. We are facing the common enemy. Do not bring politics into it.
"This is a collective issue. We have to join hands (to fight terrorism," Qureshi stressed.

In Islamabad, Zardari told Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan Luo Zhaohui and French Ambassador Daniel Jouanneau that terrorism is an international phenomena and offered assistance to India in investigating the incident.

NDTV.com: Gilani agrees to send ISI chief to India

Chill, don't fuel another fire right now and lets stay on topic.

You have finally figured out how this forum works, I am proud of you. :) :usflag:

This is how it works, if you present facts to them they would blast you not because what you say is wrong, but because you are an American.

However, when their fellow countrymen says the same thing...everyone shuts up. :)

Ummm... that is very very sad! What has America ever done in this regard then?

I think you should take us all out then, eh? :sniper:

Obviously he made that speech because of the operation. In Agra the same general was openly dismissing the victims of terror as "collateral damage"

But after 9/11 it was like some "sagewala" died. He was so "sad" when he appeared on TV to express his "sorrow".

We took the time to ensure he delivers on his promise, given his track record and knowing how he was a slippery customer.
Excuses. You guys chickened out of a fight. You Blinked first.

Thanx f4 providing the opportunity... we'll always be grateful...

:D

Yes, since I have no military background credentials (because I am CIA undercover), at least I can provide a punching bag for you guys to strike! You probably do not get the opportunity to joust with a unrepentant American very often! Glad to be at your service. Now, I must get back to my Predator control panel here. Time's awasting!

Its not a matter of hating or disliking any one...America makes its own rules..if it feels that a particular group of people or a country should be targetted, it simply does that and the world follows... Germans, Japan, Russians, Vietnam, North Korea, Afganistan, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, China and the list does not end...how may countries you fought with? and you say that we should feel kind towards USA... By the way, I am an Indian and a Hindu...but I feel this terrorism thing has been started by USA for its benefit....

Reactions: Neo

I'm sorry you guys feel this, way... This forum has no anti-American policy, nor do we support it in anyway.

This is a thread about an Indian tragedy and the fallout from it. I know the thread has flown in all directions but lets at least keep the semblance of being on topic. You can start another thread about all this but not here.

ISI CHIEF TO VISIT INDIA TO COORDINATE IN INVESTIGATION

Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Friday accepted a request from his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh to send the ISI chief to India for sharing of information related to the terrorist attack in Mumbai.
The Prime Minster's spokesman Zahid Bashir said Singh had made a request to Gilani, asking him to send the ISI chief to India to "cooperate in the investigation of the Mumbai attacks and for sharing certain information".
Bashir told PTI: "The Pakistani Prime Minister accepted this offer. The two sides will work out modalities for the visit of the Inter Services Intelligence chief which is expected to take place soon."

Lt Gen Ahmed Shuja Pasha was recently appointed chief of the ISI by Pakistan Army chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani.

This would be the first instance of a chief of Pakistan's spy agency visiting India in connection with the investigation of a terror attack.

Gilani had earlier said he was "really hurt" over the loss of innocent lives in Mumbai. "And from the people of Pakistan, and from the government of Pakistan, I really want to share the sorrows with the people of India and the government of India," he told CNN.

Even as India blamed Pakistan-based "elements" for the Mumbai attacks, Islamabad today proposed setting up of hotline between intelligence chiefs and National Security Advisers of the two countries for regular contact and information sharing to fight terror jointly.

In Delhi, Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi suggested setting up of a hotline between intelligence chiefs and National Security Advisers of both countries. He said India should not accuse his country for terror attacks here till the investigations were complete. "Let us cooperate and not accuse each other," he said.

His comments came hours after External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee said "some elements" based in Pakistan are responsible for the terror attacks in Mumbai.

Contending that India is an "important neighbour" for Pakistan, Qureshi said he always advocated friendly co-existence between the two countries and that he has come here to "build bridges".

"I want to turn the tide from confrontation to cooperation," he said. Noting that Pakistan is dealing with terrorism on a daily basis, Qureshi said terrorism is not a regional problem but a global phenomena.

Qureshi said it would be too premature to level allegations against Pakistan as it also has, like India, zero- tolerance towards terrorism. He said any knee-jerk reaction should be avoided and contended that India had levelled allegations in the Samjautha Express train fire case and today investigations have taken a new turn.

Qureshi was apparently referring to reports suggesting the involvement of Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur in the case. "It may be that even these (Mumbai terror attack) investigations may take another turn," he said.

Qureshi also said Pakistan condemns the terror attacks in Mumbai that killed more than 150 people in "strongest possible terms".

ISI Chief To Visit India

Right on! Bro! And, another corollary, when you are a minority like us yanks are here, we get each others back.

Most Pakistani's feel betrayed by USA, we've been bullied, threatened and hit again and again by sanctions and embargoes despite being a close ally. Now you're in bed with our adversary (123 deal, weapons, future alliance).
US foreign policy is to blame, we're still there doing your (dirty) job in the region.

Sir, I am an Indian.....not one of their countrymen...so whom did you meet today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom