What's new

Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

By Iftikhar A. Khan

ISLAMABAD, Jan 9: Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani on Friday said that premier intelligence agencies of the United States and Pakistan had been working closely to untangle the knots of the Mumbai carnage mystery and recently the Inter-Services Intelligence had provided a detailed response to questions and issues raised by US investigators on behalf of their Indian counterparts.

“Our ISI has given its feedback, which has been forwarded to India,” he told reporters after addressing a seminar on “Democracy in Pakistan: Opportunities and Challenges”.

He gave no details of the contents of the dossier or the response formulated by a committee, but said Pakistan would cooperate if more information was required. He said India had provided a 52-page dossier to the CIA which was passed on to Pakistan. The dossier was also handed over directly by India to Pakistan.

Mr Gilani said Pakistan was ready to share information sharing with the CIA.

In his address at the seminar, Mr Gilani rejected an impression that he had differences with President Asif Ali Zardari. He said that National Security Adviser Mehmud Ali Durrani had been removed by the president on his advice.

“The president knows the rules of business, why would he bypass me,” he wondered, saying the action had been taken in the interest of the country and for good governance.

The prime minister regretted the Indian decision to freeze the composite dialogue process with Pakistan. “The situation on our eastern borders has once again become very fragile.

“Our quest for enhancing peace and security in South Asia remains sincere and steadfast. In the interest of peace and progress in South Asia, our democratic government has done a lot in terms of normalisation of relations between Pakistan and India,” he remarked.Mr Gilani said Pakistan had demonstrated an unwavering commitment to the dialogue process with India and the sustained efforts had contributed to an appreciable improvement in the atmospherics between the two countries.

He was of the view that the Indian blame game, media vilification campaign and war mongering in the wake of Mumbai attacks against Pakistan without any concrete evidence had brought the two countries to square one in terms of confidence-building measures.

This was despite the fact that Pakistan was among the first countries to condemn the Mumbai attacks and had taken many steps, including closing down of offices of Jamaatud Dawa, arrest of its leaders and freezing of their assets, he added.

“We had also extended our full cooperation to the government of India and offered joint investigation into the incident and a joint commission under NSAs of the two countries. The Indian government has unfortunately refused to accept our proposals. The world must not let tensions between India and Pakistan to escalate.”

Mr Gilani said that improved relations with India could provide an opportunity for the two countries to work for resolution of all issues, particularly the Kashmir dispute.

“The Kashmir issue must be resolved in accordance with the aspirations of the Kashmiri people. The international community can help in this regard by encouraging both parties to stay the course and demonstrate courage, determination and sincerity.”

The prime minister said that although Pakistan was currently passing through a difficult phase, it had the potential to become a regional hub for trade and economic activities.

“We need our friends’ help to overcome our present but temporary difficulties and realise that potential. The people of Pakistan and of this region deserve a better future. To this end, you will find the democratic government in Pakistan fully committed and dedicated,” he remarked.

Members of the British Parliament said in their speeches that justice and respect for basic human rights could ensure a better future for the globe.

Voicing concern over brutalities and atrocities being committed by

Israeli forces in Gaza, Jim Devine said he supported the right to self-determination of the people of Palestine.

“Israel should withdraw from Gaza and a justified solution is a must for a long-term peace in the Middle East,” he asserted.

Mark Fisher observed that Pakistan was in the eye of an international storm. “Pakistan needs to adopt a prudent policy to deal with the issue.”

MP James McGovern said poverty and illiteracy were main causes of terrorism and Britain had assisted Pakistan in eradicating them.

Mohammad Sarwar, the first Muslim British MP, said the credit of democratic process in Pakistan went to people who exercised their right of franchise despite terror threats. “Let me confess that had this case been in Britain, people would have stayed away. Britain was yet to achieve ideal democracy as despite having a 250-year democratic process, we are yet to ensure adequate representation of women and minorities in parliament,” he said.

Ambassador Javed Malik, the organiser of the event, said the government had introduced a policy of reconciliation with all political forces to strengthen the democratic process.

PML-N’s secretary general Iqbal Zafar Jhagra and PPP secretary general Jehangir Badr also spoke on the occasion.

I guess its time to move on. We are done with the nationality of Kasab and it should not be construed as win for India and vice versa. We must realize that its one step in right direction to fight the common enemy.

For the sake of argument, I would like to have the views of the members here considering this scenario... Around 70 innocent civilians are killed in a railway staion in cold blooded murder, a five star hotel in Karachi is attacked with a hostage situation, with their handlers sitting in Afghanistan armed with Sat phones and VoIP virtual phones guiding those perpertrators to inflict maximum damage. Please comment what you would think if the Afghan govt takes a stand like below:

- These are non-state actors (You already established they came from Afghanistan)

- There is no evidence that the captured terrorist is Afghani, he doesn't exist in our database :what:.

- We have arrested certain individuals and banned certain organizations (inspite of getting no proof or evidence from you), and almost in the same breath announces we have no clue where these arrested individuals are.

You get the picture. Just please respond honestly, if it involved loss of life in Pakistan at the hands of brutal terrorists.

Well, this is already happening in Pakistan and Pakistan has lost countless civilians and military personnel in 'war' against these 'non state actors'. Please read news of people suffering in the tribal areas of Pakistan because of this 'terrorism' menace. We have also suffered financially through loss of investor confidence in the country. We have also suffered through emerging image of Pakistan Army as 'fighting against its own people'.

Swat Valley used to be one of the most peaceful and beautiful valleys in Pakistan which is a war zone now. There have also been suggestions that RAW in involved in supporting those 'non state actors'.

Its just that Pakistan is not whining enough in the international community.

Now, please suggest, once Kasab's identity has been established, what should be done? Should Pakistan bomb his village? arrest his parents? or try and fight taliban & co. The second option is what's happening.

a new arms race has started in south asia with both the countries increasing their pace towards acquiring new defence equipments. with world economies already in recession, its a gud news for the defence industries of countries with defence ties with both pakistan and india.

man it will be long boat ride from karachi - just more hype!!

The amount of privately owned guns in America would cut any such attack well short of doing as much damage as Mumbai. Not to mention that the police are better equipped and trained (especially post 9/11) to deal with such an attack than the Indian police.

man it will be long boat ride from karachi - just more hype!!

:rofl: Sorry, just thought of them in little ruber boats trying to make the distance.

Yes it is hype, but it has its uses with ine US spectrum.

Note it also has a "link" to the aspects of Pakistan and Afghanistan as being a contiguous issue not individual. One that Gen. David H. Petraeus has woken up to.
It also ties in with the need for the US to provide help, economic, to GoP with FATA.

Pak-India standoff at a new crossroad after 43 yrs of Tashqand Pact

Updated at: 1311 PST, Saturday, January 10, 2009
2f4417f2f481a300b92f576b2a693f35.gif
Pak-India standoff at a new crossroad after 43 yrs of Tashqand Pact LAHORE: Tashqand Pact, which Pakistan and India had entered after the 1965 war, has this day completed 43 years. The two countries having fought three wars on Kashmir issue after Mumbai attacks now passing through a new face-off era. Pak-India 1965 war had formally started on September 6, when India had crossed the then international border of West Pakistan. United Nations Security Council on September 22 had approved the unanimous cease-fire resolution, which brought the war to an end. Pakistan and India had signed the historical pact on January 10, 1966 at Tashqand city of the then Soviet Union, currently of Uzbekistan. The agreement envisaged that the forces of both the countries would be withdrawn to their positions of April 5, 1965 and abide by the cease-fire clauses on ceasefire line. The agreement was inked by the then Pakistan President, Ayub Khan and the Indian prime Minister, Lal Bahadur Shashtri. These two countries of the sub-continent at wars in 1948, 1965 and 1999 in Kashmir and in 1971 in East Pakistan are now the nuclear powers and passing though a new phase of strife and tension, following Mumbai atrtacks.

Mr. Lieberman is the skull capped “Senator from Tel Aviv”. The rest thrive on creating sensations, fears and insecurity. Pakistan figures in any scenario as the root of all evils.

It’s the usual stuff, don’t take it too seriously!

Mr. Lieberman is the skull capped “Senator from Tel Aviv”. The rest thrive on creating sensations, fears and insecurity. Pakistan figures in any scenario as the root of all evils.

It’s the usual stuff, don’t take it too seriously!

LieberMAN..a JEW ! .What else can you expect from jewish zionists ? The greatest threat to their existence according to their predictions and theories is pakistan the only muslim nation whose is a nuclear power. It is part of their grand geo stategic plans to neutralize pakistan's nuclear arsenal but with grace of ALLAH this plan will fail miserably. Pakistan's image is damaged in the western world of yanks maybe but the rest well.. i seriously doubt. The root cause of all the ills and mishiefs in the world are related to jewish zionists with grand help from british in the past and presently americans. all this finiancial and economic crisis is designed by jewish zionists to strengthen israel in their plan to build greater israel. They obviously will need funds to occupy neighbouring arabian countries like egypt, lebanon, syria, jordan and part of saudi arabia. The whole banking system is owned by jews, they have full control over major media channels and political arena of USA, UK and other nations.

Please brothers do me a favour and just bin such threads in the deepest bins you can find. Quote more and more of zaid hamid videos on all topics regarding geo strategic objectivs of americans and israelis.

USA is bad enough with gun crime, street gangs unchallenged so I dont think its unusuall for them to have Mumbai type massacres, dont you read stories where recently some of the schools and universities come under siege from gun totting maniacs going on a shooting spree and it turns out to be non other than crazy Americans.

We all know where the so called "terrorists" originate from. Its an all together different ballgame as to the reasons why these people do what they do! India, China and Pakistan all are having to deal with these cowardly terrorist acts.

But China and Pakistan never just blame neighbors for terrorists. For example, India is hosting a terrorist group named Tibetan Young Congress (TYC) which calls its members to use suicidal attacks against China civil targets to seek Tibetan Independence, what is China's reaction? Did we threaten war on India for hosting such terrorists?

India's in a mess?? Interesting, I wonder why after having stayed there for so many years, and visiting my home after staying here in US, I dont feel/see the mess!! That is a very high handed comment, coming from a person, who if I am right, hasnt even been outside his country let alone India! You my friend have no idea what you are talking about.

so what is your point here? people may talking about the mess in India, which is not against you or your country, it is just about the existing problems there. even you have already acknowledged that there are open problems. why you could turn yourself into personal attacks in such quickly manner?

No Indian denies that there are some problems persisting in India, but surprise, unlike the others, Indian govt along with its people are working these kinks out! Well here's a pointer, the Indian govt doesnt 'tell' people what to do, the govt forms its policies and the Indians work to realize it! BTW India elects its representatives, unlike some of our neighbors.

Interesting! tell me the result, please. what they have achieved. let's don't troll, let's just list stats/facts/results.

I can start first. The ongoing and recently finished projects in my country:
page 1
page 2
page 3
page 4
page 5
page 6
page 7
China Mega projects - Page 8 - SkyscraperCity

7 Yuan = $1 USD

the above list goes on much longer and please keep it in your mind that these are all ongoing projects, no overlapping with the recent $600 billion USD committed for the recent world economic crisis.

now please tell me what the regime in India has ever done for its people other than sending them to war fields? as I have already said, let's just talk about facts/stats/results, I want details like the above summarized projects introductions, not your trolling words.

Coming to the topic, FYI, India is not scared to go for surgical strikes in Pakistan because of the 'famous' PAF/PA/PN. The question more importantly is - What would the objectives of such a strike be? Terrorist training camps? Those which are just mere huts and tents in a clearing and which can be moved around on a moments notice?

Even if India went ahead with a strike, it would only result in a retaliation by the PAF or the PA, which again doesnt make sense regarding the objectives of the strike. This would lead to a full fledged war between the neighbors, and now with the US and ISAF in A-stan and the world's eyes on Pakistan, a full scale war would be very risky, if not devastating, for Pakistan. Not to mention the economic damage it would cause to both these countries. India could still recover from it, but then what about Pakistan? Now that would be asking for trouble in the neighbourhood if Pakistan's economy tanks completely!!

you are still threatening people. is this trolling?

I don't see anything here to support your point of view/claims, tell me how could you ever be so sure that the PLA would just sit there and watch? tell me how you could ever be so sure that New Delhi/Mumbai won't see incoming DF missiles?

let me tell you the truth mate: each WS-2D rocket launchers can send 8-12 rockets to your capital city in each round and they are dead cheap. these are not home made rockets you saw on TV these days which Israel is facing, these are rockets with world's longest effective range from the original country which invented rocket hundreds of years ago.

Another angle to be considered with such a strike are the consequences in Pakistani society. Civilian govt power, army coup, army in power ...get the picture? India doesnt want an unstable govt in her neighbourhood, so back off your pseudo-machoistic claims that India is not going forward with strikes in Pakistan because of Pakistani PAF and 'nuculear' weapons!

I can assure you one thing mate - should the above **** happen to Pakistan, you would see the PLA and PA conquering your capital in days. different from you trolling words, my claim above is based on historical stats:

1. During the Korean war, China committed 2 million troops and fought against the UN troops, that is something like fight against the whole world. That war is the only one which forced the US to sign a ceasefire agreement without winning.

2. During the Vietnamese war, China promised unlimited resources to Vietnam and large number of anti aircraft troops were committed to Vietnam under plain clothes, that includes my uncle who fought against the US as a radar officer.

3. PLA is the only military force on this world that has ever fought against both the US army and the USSR army during the cold war. The currently status of China in the UNSC is not something given to us for free, we earned that with blood and death.

do you really want to go against a country/armed force like this? before you start threatening Pakistan friends again, keep my simple word in your mind - China has only ONE single ally, that is Pakistan, should China let Pakistan go through all your described **** above, it would immediately destroy China's international status as a emerging superpower and the 50 years long true friendship with Pakistan would be crashed in moments.

you can keep arguing that China didn't got itself involved in your previous wars, but you have to realise that China was in the shitty cultural revolution at that time which almost destroyed the whole nation and we had russia deployed 1 million of troops on our border, the timing was just not right at that time. thanks to our non-democratically elected government, we are no longer that damn poor country what we was 30 years ago, we have been a peaceful country in the past 30 years without any military conflict which is damn rare in our history. should you try ever attacking our only ally, the consequence has already been well summarized above, please think about it twice.

again, as I have already said yesterday, I hope all three countries will have a peaceful 2009.

U.S. police are not cowards like Indian police.... I still cant stop laughing when I see footage of Indian police running away from those lunatics.

U.S. police are not cowards like Indian police.... I still cant stop laughing when I see footage of Indian police running away from those lunatics.

Dont laugh dear....US is not neighbor country to pakistan. They can pack up their military team anyday. But India cant do that. It will remain as neighbor country forever with pakistan. Its strategy should be different and it is. Yes mumbai attacks were very badly handled along with loosing top ATS officials. Its a bad show! But this incident made to have more rescue team in every major city!

Now the topic is unnecessary comment from US. It seems they werent happy with the mess they have created so far in afghan pak and kashmir. Now they are looking to deploy its military. They just have to ensure war continues in this region so India Pak China and Russia will keep facing the problem! US can spare some gas to burn the next street! They are safe at home.:usflag:

Sunday, January 11, 2009

SOUTH WAZIRISTAN: Tribal elders have threatened to strike back if a war was imposed on Pakistan by the neighboring country (India) in the wake of the Mumbai attacks, saying that six million tribesmen would not bear the Indian threats any more.

These views were expressed by prominent tribal elders of North and South Waziristan Agencies while addressing a Jirga here on Saturday.

More than 100 tribal elders of FR Jandola, Kurram Agency, Aurakzai and other agencies were present in the Jirga.

Speaking on the occasion, Malik Muhammad Rafique, Malik Saeed Khan Wazir, Malik Zaram Khan and other elders said the secret agency of India had started new propaganda against Pakistan in a bid to isolate it in the comity of nations.

They maintained that the Indian spy agency had trained “Ajmal Qasab” with a view to starting the anti-Pakistan campaign. He warned India to talk sense and stop threatening Pakistan, which was fully capable of replying in a befitting manner if a war was imposed.

They reiterated that six million tribesmen would fight shoulder-to-shoulder with the Pakistani Army in any eventuality.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

SOUTH WAZIRISTAN: Tribal elders have threatened to strike back if a war was imposed on Pakistan by the neighboring country (India) in the wake of the Mumbai attacks, saying that six million tribesmen would not bear the Indian threats any more.

These views were expressed by prominent tribal elders of North and South Waziristan Agencies while addressing a Jirga here on Saturday.

More than 100 tribal elders of FR Jandola, Kurram Agency, Aurakzai and other agencies were present in the Jirga.

Speaking on the occasion, Malik Muhammad Rafique, Malik Saeed Khan Wazir, Malik Zaram Khan and other elders said the secret agency of India had started new propaganda against Pakistan in a bid to isolate it in the comity of nations.

They maintained that the Indian spy agency had trained “Ajmal Qasab” with a view to starting the anti-Pakistan campaign. He warned India to talk sense and stop threatening Pakistan, which was fully capable of replying in a befitting manner if a war was imposed.

They reiterated that six million tribesmen would fight shoulder-to-shoulder with the Pakistani Army in any eventuality.

This is something which is a thorn in the eyes of both the US and India, when such statements are made, they are at once to claim that taliban want to shift the attention....my foot. They cant even differentiate between taliban and a tribal elder:angry:. The fact of the matter is situation isnt that of 71 which Indians likes to brag about, When it comes down to India, we are all united and this is just an example of the unity that we will show once India decides to cross the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom