What's new

Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train may soon become reality

This Is Some Advanced Hightech Stupidity ...

Ghar Mein Nahin Daane Amma Chali Bhunane

First Build enough Roads for Transportation then Go for High tech technology ... from Mumbai to Ahmedabad it will Cost around atleast 4500... Now who will afford that ... Our Airlines r already incurring Huge Losses ... this project will go in Drain ...

there r 100 Accident in Indian railways every year Making it the Most Dangerous Railway lines in the World ... that place need improvement first ...

Government Doesnt have enough for This Project ... it will Cost Billions ... Congress trying to Lure in some Youth Votes by Showing Bullet Train Candy ... they r also making Sure that when the New Government Comes in Power they r Short in Funds So that they can be Vocal against them...

Seriously Speaking India at this Stage Doesnt need a Bullet Train ... we shave More Serious things to deal with on urgent basis ... Congress is playing a Political card for earning Urban Middle Class Vote ... & even the Urban Middle class cant afford using these Trains ... i am 100% Sure at this Stage it will become a Liability for the economy ...

Existing tracks will not work but it need not be all straight. There are tilting technologies like what Acela express in US uses(though the high speed trains in US is a joke when compared to other countries) to lower centrifugal forces in sharp curves to reduce inconvenience to passengers.

Turkey is working on the high speed trains and that is the reason I have to rely on bus or car travel when I go to Turkey in September. They have closed the Istanbul Haydarpasa railway terminus - the main station for the high speed train works.

Acela n talgo of spain hv the tilt but its not good for speed exceeding 225 km per hour.....

Even Shinkansens have one degree tilts but still travel at 270 km per hour

One degree is not a tilt system, its natural. It has to be 8 degrees. Look at the DMU of japan...

Lets see if this becomes affordable for everyone in India.....
IMO, i see it as a business class transportation only for the elites...

Can you imagine no of passengers between Mumbai and Gujraat. I bet they make every 30/60 min peak time one train. They will beat all the revenue estimate. FYI all the Indian metro project(DMRC is one of them) getting 10X revenue than they expect at the start.

Most the passengers are business person on that route i guess.

I have my credit on Japanese tech. but Chinese tech may be more economic viable, question is will China provide the tech to India?

Forget about HS rail techs from other nations, even France and Germany. Note the fact Japanese has the longest history of Shinkansen, while China has the largest HSR network. Only real operations tell the tech capability and safety.

One degree is not a tilt system, its natural. It has to be 8 degrees. Look at the DMU of japan...

I believe the 1 degree tilt was deliberate to handle the curves at high speeds. Maybe you can point me to a link on the contrary. Having stated that, tilting trains are kind of norm. Do you think it is possible to have straight lines at long distances?

I believe the 1 degree tilt was deliberate to handle the curves at high speeds. Maybe you can point me to a link on the contrary. Having stated that, tilting trains are kind of norm. Do you think it is possible to have straight lines at long distances?

Tilting technology is based on suspension technology mechanism.

File:DC283_hokuto_001.jpg

Tilting train - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look at the DMU blue train with massive tilt.....

Tilting technology is based on suspension technology mechanism.

File:DC283_hokuto_001.jpg

Tilting train - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look at the DMU blue train with massive tilt.....

Maybe tilting technology is based on suspension technology mechanism but Shinhansens use tilting technology. Here is a snippet from a link.

The train has been designed with tilting mechanisms and advance aerodynamic features to increase its energy efficiency and maximum speeds whilst reducing journey times on the Tokaido Shinkansen. Following completion of a full testing programme, the aim is to commence commercial operation in 2007.

N700 Shinkansen - Railway Technology

First atleast provide decent enough toilets in normal trains..then we can speak about HSRs. If this money is used to build dedictatedgoods corridors instead, the existing trains could be speeded up by a lot. Also take a part of that money and invest in the civil aviation sector. Given a chance b/n riding a 3 day journey by train or 4 hours journey by aircraft to Delhi(from my place)..most people will go for the latter. The only thing preventing them is the high cost.

First atleast provide decent enough toilets in normal trains..then we can speak about HSRs. If this money is used to build dedictatedgoods corridors instead, the existing trains could be speeded up by a lot. Also take a part of that money and invest in the civil aviation sector. Given a chance b/n riding a 3 day journey by train or 4 hours journey by aircraft to Delhi(from my place)..most people will go for the latter. The only thing preventing them is the high cost.

I agree with other points. As for the highlighted point, HSR and Civil aviation compliment each other. HSR would be a better option for intermediate distances - say between Chennai and Ernakulam. The distance can be covered in less than 4 hours through HSR. But the difference is electric power vs petroleum and less dependency on petroleum.

As for travel between Ernakulam/Coimbatore and Delhi, Civil aviation would be better option for want of time.

Agreed. At present HSR is not most suitable way of transportation for your large yet poor population yet, the rich can always take fight to their destination and the poor would prefer low priced trains. Even in China I heard HS Rail link has not been profitable for years. you need save the capital for more social welfare, poverty reduction, etc.

Agreed. At present HSR is not most suitable way of transportation for your large yet poor population yet, the rich can always take fight to their destination and the poor would prefer low priced trains. Even in China I heard HS Rail link has not been profitable for years. you need save the capital for more social welfare, poverty reduction, etc.

Actually they are said to be saddled with 300 billion in debts and many of their routes are cancelled for the want of passengers.

Also I want civil aviation to be the in the reach of all Indians.Now after the liberalization and the reform in civil aviation sector, upper strata of the middle class are also using aircrafts for their journeys. I can see a lot of internal tourism happening due to this. I want this to filterdown further.

Back
Top Bottom