What's new

Mumbai-Ahmedabad bullet train may soon become reality

so,which countries are on this this contest???

I think we should choose either Maglev from Germany or TGV from France..no place for Chinese Junk..I think TGV is slightly better as it runs on tracks..

so,which countries are on this this contest???

I think we should choose either Maglev from Germany or TGV from France..no place for Chinese Junk..I think TGV is slightly better as it runs on tracks..

Maglev technology is expensive and yet to mature. We need conventional high speed trains like TGV.

lol mr manhohan singh is now turning to increase construction activity to make gdp grow, this is what china does everyyear. anyways i hope our railways dont go bankrupt after his with a debt of 500 bill. i think private companies should be given a chance to execute the project. l&t will be the best choice.

lol mr manhohan singh is now turning to increase construction activity to make gdp grow, this is what china does everyyear. anyways i hope our railways dont go bankrupt after his with a debt of 500 bill. i think private companies should be given a chance to execute the project. l&t will be the best choice.

What he is basically trying to do to improve the Infrastructure in India. If the infrastructure improves, economic activity will increase automatically.

We do not need to criticize Manmohan on every step. After all, it is a very rare thing to see the Congress actually do/think to do something good.

P.S. Not a Congress supporter.

What he is basically trying to do to improve the Infrastructure in India. If the infrastructure improves, economic activity will increase automatically.

We do not need to criticize Manmohan on every step. After all, it is a very rare thing to see the Congress actually do/think to do something good.

Manmohan is trying to do the right thing here. I am more worried this psuedo commi - Didi. She might say she would want to spend the money on passenger trains else threaten to not vote for congress presidential candidate or something. And the govt. will fall for that.

Manmohan is trying to do the right thing here. I am more worried this psuedo commi - Didi. She might say she would want to spend the money on passenger trains else threaten to not vote for congress presidential candidate or something. And the govt. will fall for that.

You have to step in her shoes too.

When you are the CM of a state which was very recently a communist stronghold and where there are many poor people, it becomes important that you build a poor-people friendly image.

And I am sure she will not be able to stop this project. After all, government is doing this when it does not see any other alternative.

The need for improving India's infrastructure is not new. GoI avoided it for as long as it could. Now, with the economic growth rate becoming slower, it sees no other choice. So..... this will not be stopped. :)

China should not bid for this project. Let the indians remain backward. We all know how nasty indian train rides are. :)

We have more advance and secure option we don't want cheap chinese stuff that crashes regularly.

We have the option of getting the original from where chinese have copied.

You have to step in her shoes too.

When you are the CM of a state which was very recently a communist stronghold and where there are many poor people, it becomes important that you build a poor-people friendly image.

And I am sure she will not be able to stop this project. After all, government is doing this when it does not see any other alternative.

The need for improving India's infrastructure is not new. GoI avoided it for as long as it could. Now, with the economic growth rate becoming slower, it sees no other choice. So..... this will not be stopped. :)

Mate - let her project the poor people friendly image within her state. What right does she has to scuttle central reforms? Case to point - the more recent insurance reforms.

i am not criticising lol, i am a congress supporter. all i am saying that they should find the best way to fund this project so this doest hurt our economy in the long run. :)

We have more advance and secure option we don't want cheap chinese stuff that crashes regularly.

We have the option of getting the original from where chinese have copied.

Chinese technology for conventional high speed rails were under technology transfer from Bombardier and Siemens. For Maglev line between Shanghai and Pudong, the technology is from Germany.

The French have a lot of experience in high speed rail, I think maybe Germany-Japan-France could work together with India? It might also help cut down cost? Not sure or do you guys think it would be better for just one country to do it all?

I know the French did the feasibility study on their own cost, and that's a big thing to do, the studies alone cost a lot, very obvious just from that gesture how close India and France are.

France is the only P5 country which India is very close ..

French are good because they just do business without attaching tedious strings , don't mix business and politics
On the other hand UK and US always attach strings in deals even though we are the one who are paying :lol:

India is doing a great job by increasing the ties with France in almost all the fields straight from trains to defence deals

If this does go through and it seems like it will, because France has paid for all the feasibility studies conducted then India is going to have one of the best HSR in the world, that video I posted of the test run shows how awesome our HSR is and would serve India well.

India and France are marching ahead and the relationship is only getting bigger and stronger between both nations, a HSR that can travel at close to 6000kmph and is the worlds fastest train, imagine how much it could help India's economy, I hope you guys get this train.

China should not bid for this project. Let the indians remain backward. We all know how nasty indian train rides are. :)

Alarm bells ring over China's 'copycat' trains (Alarm bells ring over China's 'copycat' trains : Business : DAILY YOMIURI ONLINE (The Daily Yomiuri))

ShinkansenE2Series.jpg

Japanese

CRH2ChineseTrain.jpg

china copycat

Back
Top Bottom