What's new

Multan's strong Buddhist past Influence?

So, how you got to Bengal?
My mother's side is from Malda.

I think hindus brainwashed in RSS school think every rajput ever always fought against Islamic kings. When the reality is opposite of that when it comes to majority of rajputs. Plus they like to give themselves false mythical origins of thousands of years old, delusional fools. Considering all that no wonder they refuse to think rajput can be muslim as well.
I honestly dont care about the origins or its antiquity.

I can only speak for my person. :)

So when someone says that I can't be a Marathi because I am Muslim, I say - yes Alhamdullillah.

The majority of Rajput kings actually submitted to Islamic suzerainty. Only a handful fought. Like Rana pratap, who was defeated and lived the rest of his life as a fugitive. Most of the Rajput kings during the mughal rule were military men of the Mughal army and their daughters accepted Islam and married the Mughal Shahenshah. The idea that Rajputs fought Muslims all the time or that they never surrendered is fiction.

This is super interesting.
I often wonder how different Pakistan would have been today had Hindu invaders not forced our ancestors to convert to Hinduism from 300-600 AD.

This is super interesting.
I often wonder how different Pakistan would have been today had Hindu invaders not forced our ancestors to convert to Hinduism from 300-600 AD.
I think you were clean.

About Babri masjid I wanted to show how how history works.

Hindus believe Babur destroyed temple and build the mosque. Muslims believe there was no temple. So who is right now? Also who wrote the history that there was a temple or there was no temple? History keeps on changing, regime to regime.
Even if there was once a temple, it does not mean anything.

Thar desert was once a forest. Does not mean it is now.

I think you were clean.

Even if there was once a temple, it does not mean anything.

Thar desert was once a forest. Does not mean it is now.
Yes it means. Ayodhya is to Hindus what Mecca is to Muslims. Its like Christians destroying Mecca and making Church in that place.

If there was no Ram temple then I support construction of Babri masjid otherwise there can be a temple as Ayodhya is the holiest site of Hindus.

Yes it means. Ayodhya is to Hindus what Mecca is to Muslims. Its like Christians destroying Mecca and making Church in that place.

If there was no Ram temple then I support construction of Babri masjid otherwise there can be a temple as Ayodhya is the holiest site of Hindus.
Yes, I don't expect anything better from you lot. I know.

I went through the desi education system of Pakistan (matric, FSc route). So I'll limit my comments to that only. The history we are taught doesn't make much sense. It seems like a forced narrative to support just that part of the Two Nation Theory; we are Muslims and we suddenly appeared in this land in 712AD and btw there were some people living here in IVC etc.

I personally believe that this narrative was designed and propagated by Bhutto and later Governments. Now it is not incorrect to say that yes Pakistan was created for the Muslims of Sub-Continent. Our ancestors scarified a lot for this homeland. But this doesn't mean that Pakistan did not exist in one form or another, with one name or another, throughout the centuries preceding the events of 1947.

Nothing wrong with the above narrative. That is how history happened.

Obviously, history glosses over the many men and women who brought us to this point in time. Whether they be Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhists, whatever. In good ways or bad ways.

It is up to us to research our own history and make our own conclusions, based on all the sources available. And a lot of times, much of Pakistani and Muslim sources are in Urdu and English, in long forgotten books, so don't be shy to look into them also.

No it is not. A Samurai has to follow Bushido. A Knight has to be Christian. A Rajput has to be Hindu.

Neither do Samurais nor the Knights exist in today's world....Rajputs do on the other hand. Muslims or non-Muslim. :enjoy:

Yeah and you should be ashamed of yourself first. Living in India and speaking against India and Hindus. That is how you show your loyalty to the nation?

This is among the most stupid comments in this thread so far. Under your assumption, he can only be loyal if he submits to the will of the majority. And, he is not allowed to hold an independent view, nor is he allowed to defend his own identity.

My Bengali Indian Hindu friends teach their daughter only Bengali, but they are still patriotic Indians.
Tamils can reject Hindi and Dravidians celebrate their separate identity, and still be Indian.
Marathi can celebrate the Maratha empire, that killed over 500,000 Bengalis but they can still be Indian.
Sikhs can fight for their religious identity, but they can still be Indian
The examples are endless.

BUT, if a Muslim fights his corner in defence of his/her religious identity, their Indianness is automatically questioned.

The level of stupidity on display in India and certain others is just astounding. Please stop your hate and argue the point without getting personal.

As a Rajput, I resent this historical revisionism by Hindus. You don't lose your blood line and DNA by converting to another religion.

Exactly, this historical revisionism by Indians has unfortunately also seeped into Pakistan.

Nothing wrong with the above narrative. That is how history happened.

Obviously, history glosses over the many men and women who brought us to this point in time. Whether they be Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Buddhists, whatever. In good ways or bad ways.

It is up to us to research our own history and make our own conclusions, based on all the sources available. And a lot of times, much of Pakistani and Muslim sources are in Urdu and English, in long forgotten books, so don't be shy to look into them also.

Neither do Samurais nor the Knights exist in today's world....Rajputs do on the other hand. Muslims or non-Muslim. :enjoy:
Doesn't take away from the argument.

Back
Top Bottom