What's new

Multan's strong Buddhist past Influence?

Our majority and media failed to understand the value of culture and preservation.We can join the ranks of arabs , but we are not arab and arab knows it well....lol. For example , i love collecting the pictures of doors. Where ever i go to Pakistan I pikcup my camera and go to old city, where we still have pre-partition houses and specially some of the villages. Where I still see the name of hindu family who used to lived in those houses..... Pakistan is amazing place and need ages to explore.

Old city. You mean Lahore?

Old city. You mean Lahore?
Every major city has old city. Rawalpindi,Lahore,Chakwal etc .. Last time i visited the house of British commissioner Chakwal house , which is still there and preserved. It's all amazing... you need eye to see and sense to inhale....

Last edited:
Punjab was mixed, and conversion was gradual. Muslim converts faced alot of persecution and it caused a very bloody period in our history. My people,, Rajputs, resisted Islam tooth and nail, but by the time Sultan Aurangzeb finished his rule, we were all Muslim. Eventually Punjab was Islamized alhamdulilah.
If a Rajput converts, it is ridiculous for him to call himself a Rajput.

Every major city has old city. Rawalpindi,Lahore,Chakwal etc .. Last time i visited the house of British commissioner Chakwal house , which is still there and preserved. It's all amazing... you need eye and sense to inhale....

I love Chakwal district, Kallar Kahar is so beautiful.

Indeed, Lahore old city is especially beautiful. You still have the old city vibe with tangey and dulha shops. That architecture and stone streets.

I love Chakwal district, Kallar Kahar is so beautiful.

Indeed, Lahore old city is especially beautiful. You still have the old city vibe with tangey and dulha shops. That architecture and stone streets.
Many years ago, i was roaming in old city Rawalpindi... I was shocked to see Japanese tourist team also with mask, due to smell in the streets. But they were also busy taking pictures of old doors and balconies. Old city and traditional food shops are still amazing... But you have to have good digestive system for those foods ... lol

Children need to focus more on Mathematics, Science, Economics and Finance. History is BS.

That's how you get the modern identity crisis in its various form all over the globe.

You either have your own history or someone else's historical viewpoints. And when you have someone else's historical viewpoints, they'll just manipulate it to push forth their agenda.

Like someone said....those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Not really. Do explain why it's ridiculous.

That's how you get the modern identity crisis in its various form all over the globe.

You either have your own history or someone else's historical viewpoints. And when you have someone else's historical viewpoints, they'll just manipulate it to push forth their agenda.

Like someone said....those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Because being a Rajput is interwoven with Dharma. If you leave Dharma, you can't be a Rajput.

Lol. Do you think the history you are reading at school is correct? The history we read at schools are also BS. There are Indian versions and Pakistani versions of every Indian history. Indian history books will teach you that Aurangzeb was evil while Pakistani school books will teach you that Aurangzeb was a Messiah.

The history books are so corrupted for which even in the talk shows you will old, brainless politicians trying to sit on each other's throat on the authencity of historical events

Rajputs were never an ethno-cultural group until recently.

It was just a title given to specific land-owning communities that became associated with an ethno-cultural identity over time.
Other examples of this are Malik, Jam, Rana, Khan, Sardar, Singh, Mir, Sheikh, etc...

Rajputs of Potohar, have nothing in common with Rajputs of Rajasthan. Distinct culture, traditions, history, language and even genetics.

Indian history books will teach you that Aurangzeb was evil

That is quite true.

while Pakistani school books will teach you that Aurangzeb was a Messiah.

Nope, we take the good with the bad. We don't hide history.

The history books are so corrupted for which even in the talk shows you will old, brainless politicians trying to sit on each other's throat on the authencity of historical events

If you read older history books or even compare history books with Western sources, you'll find the truth one way or another.

Because being a Rajput is interwoven with Dharma. If you leave Dharma, you can't be a Rajput.

That's just a made up religious connotation.

Rajput literally means son of a King. From the combo of Raja and Putra if I'm not mistaken.

The title was given to anyone worthy of such a title. Before Hinduism, these people were warriors. After Hinduism, these are still warriors.

That is quite true.

If you read older history books or even compare history books with Western sources, you'll find the truth one way or another.

Rajput literally means son of a King. From the combo of Raja and Putra if I'm not mistaken.

The title was given to anyone worthy of such a title. Before Hinduism, these people were warriors. After Hinduism, these are still warriors.
Rajupt is a caste. When a hindu converts out of Hinduism I think he becomes a person of the lowest caste or he is not required to follow the caste system.

A Rajput can never be a Muslim because it's a hindu Varna or Caste system. Many Pakistani muslims have Rajput caste but they are not Rajputs because they don't belong to the Hindu Varna(Caste) system.

That is quite true.

Its not possible to know the actual history. This is why hindus ans muslims fought over Babri Masjid, because they don't know the actual history. The common people generally get to read the manipulated version of history.

Its not possible to know the actual history. This is why hindus ans muslims fought over Babri Masjid, because they don't know the actual history. The common people generally get to read the manipulated version of history.

Not really. Muslims didn't fight over the Babri Masjid, the Indian establishment gave a free rein to RSS to destroy the masjid.

Had the argument gone into an actual court, the Masjid would still be standing today.

Looks like you have been fed a lot of "manipulated version of history". :rolleyes:

Rajupt is a caste. When a hindu converts out of Hinduism I think he becomes a person of the lowest caste or he is not required to follow the caste system.

A Rajput can never be a Muslim because it's a hindu Varna or Caste system. Many Pakistani muslims have Rajput caste but they are not Rajputs because they don't belong to the Hindu Varna(Caste) system.

Rajput isn't a caste lol

That's what simpletons think who don't study history.

Let me give you a preview:

upload_2020-5-27_16-16-51.png

upload_2020-5-27_16-17-11.png

upload_2020-5-27_16-18-20.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajput#Origins

All Indian and non-Indian sources agree with me. Your definition of "Rajput" reeks of reading Indian nationalist books.

Back
Top Bottom