What's new

Mullen Wants to Break Pakistan

asaad-ul-islam

Reaction score
yo, zyxius, check this out! I guess you were right, I think defence.pk members need to wake up from this dream.

US wants referendum in NWFP

Iqbal Choudhry

ISLAMABAD: The US administration has floated a proposal before Pakistani authorities to hold referendum in the NWFP regarding its future, informed sources confided to The Post on Friday.

The sources said the US administration had asked Pakistan to decide the troubled-area of the NWFP through referendum either it go with Pakistan or emerge as an independent province. Before taking positions along the Pak-Afghan border, General Mullen who visited Pakistan last week floated this proposal before the Pakistani authorities.

However, the authorities refused the proposal straight away and conveyed a strong message before the visiting US General that the government of Pakistan would resolve the issue through its own description.

Meanwhile, local Taliban also joined hands with Pakistani forces against US forces which also sent a strong message to the US administration that people of the NWFP were not wishing for independent state. The Awami National Party-led province is, however, looking for changing the name of province according to the desire of locals.

MainNews Archives

yo, zyxius, check this out! I guess you were right, I think defence.pk members need to wake up from this dream.

Iqbal Choudhry

ISLAMABAD: The US administration has floated a proposal before Pakistani authorities to hold referendum in the NWFP regarding its future, informed sources confided to The Post on Friday.

The sources said the US administration had asked Pakistan to decide the troubled-area of the NWFP through referendum either it go with Pakistan or emerge as an independent province. Before taking positions along the Pak-Afghan border, General Mullen who visited Pakistan last week floated this proposal before the Pakistani authorities.

However, the authorities refused the proposal straight away and conveyed a strong message before the visiting US General that the government of Pakistan would resolve the issue through its own description.

Meanwhile, local Taliban also joined hands with Pakistani forces against US forces which also sent a strong message to the US administration that people of the NWFP were not wishing for independent state. The Awami National Party-led province is, however, looking for changing the name of province according to the desire of locals.

MainNews Archives

Come on Assad,

The article quotes unknown sources so why give it so much credit.

Regards

Iqbal Choudhry

MainNews Archives

thanks, I'm gonna put this in the other thread also since its part of a series of such articles that I'll accumulate there and hope that we aren't looking at it in a few years wondering why we didn't pay more attention.

Back
Top Bottom