What's new

Mullen & Kayani Attempt to Salvage US-Pak Relationship

Or the US can be dissuaded from the anti-Islam cultural drift which reflects in the kinds of policies her intelligence agencies follow (read the piece I sent you by PM - it's a MUST read)

Or the US can be dissuaded from the anti-Islam cultural drift which reflects in the kinds of policies her intelligence agencies follow (read the piece I sent you by PM - it's a MUST read)

Read it. Very deep. However, US policies are NOT likely to change anytime soon.

Well, then it will continue to suffer setbacks - It has lost Iraq to Iran, and it has lost Afghanistan to the wind, Arabia, Kuwait and the princes have decided they will not rely on the US -- Egypt and Libya are still in play for the US - but it seems to me that it's closer to Africa now than it is to Asia, and that has some interesting implications for all.

Well, then it will continue to suffer setbacks - It has lost Iraq to Iran, and it has lost Afghanistan to the wind, Arabia, Kuwait and the princes have decided they will not rely on the US -- Egypt and Libya are still in play for the US - but it seems to me that it's closer to Africa now than it is to Asia, and that has some interesting implications for all.

The game is still on, let's see how it ends.

I think you are being unrealistic - I appreciate optimism but the game is actually over - In Afghanistan victory is simply not possible and now evacuation is being negotiated - and in Iraq, the Sunni simply by association with the Saudi, actually anybody associated with the Saudi (including Pakistan) cannot be said to be going anywhere.

What's that leave? A base in Qatar? Just an assassination or family trouble away from eviction

What I think is not understood, is that the entire security architecture is unraveling because the underlying propositions are such that they cannot be positively response to these challenges and of course the ideas at work internally in the US only complicate the situation by painting events with a particularly unhelpful cultural bias.

Be a friend of the US, help it awaken and move in the right direction, while it still can.

I think you are being unrealistic - I appreciate optimism but the game is actually over - In Afghanistan victory is simply not possible and now evacuation is being negotiated - and in Iraq, the Sunni simply by association with the Saudi, actually anybody associated with the Saudi (including Pakistan) cannot be said to be going anywhere.

What's that leave? A base in Qatar? Just an assassination or family trouble away from eviction

What I think is not understood, is that the entire security architecture is unraveling because the underlying propositions are such that they cannot be positively response to these challenges and of course the ideas at work internally in the US only complicate the situation by painting events with a particularly unhelpful cultural bias.

Be a friend of the US, help it awaken and move in the right direction, while it still can.

I appreciate your comments, but they are not enough to change my position at the present time. I will still say: let's see what happens.

Czn't you see. US is not trying to get out of afganistan. What they are trying now is to get into pakistan.

- - Hamid Gul is absolutely right about the U.S-Afghan war. . .

Because U.S Armed Forces coulnd'nt win in afghanistan and now they have to answer their people. They have come up with the excuse that because Pakistan is aiding terrorists, we could'nt win . .. . :sick:

Would it not be in our combined best interests to overcome any differences and continue working together for the sake of protecting Pakistan and the US? Both nations are allies and working together to eliminate the common terrorist threat that has proven destructive. Should we not welcome any talks which will improve our coordination and strengthen our strategic alliance? Should we shy away from the facts and focus on creating a conspiracy theory? Should we not seek to build such relationships through mutual interests and shared values? US respects Pakistan’s sovereignty and independence and therefore fully supports in its counter insurgency mission.

Our President and Chairman Mullen have both clearly stated that we do not seek to keep our forces in Afghanistan any longer than is necessary and our staged drawdown from Iraq is a perfect example of how our future plans in Afghanistan will unfold. ISAF will continue to serve in Afghanistan until Afghan forces, as determined by the Afghan government, can assume security responsibility.

See the link to read about the growing number of Afghan security forces training to combat and independently protect their nation.

http://www.centcom.mil/news/enemy-s-...in-afghanistan

See the link to read about how Afghan military police soldiers train for duty:

http://www.centcom.mil/news/afghan-n...epare-for-duty

US commitment will be long standing so that our country can maintain the trust we have built with the Afghans who do not want to once again be left at the mercy of Taliban.

Here you can watch how US forces have taken control from the Taliban in Marjah.

Here you can watch Afghan and ISAF troops drive the Taliban out of districts surrounding Kandahar.

Does not the evidence show that a true reflection of the situation in Afghanistan is not included in your opinion?

CDR Bill Speaks,

DET, United States Central Command

U.S. Central Command

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it not be in our combined best interests to overcome any differences and continue working together for the sake of protecting Pakistan and the US? Both nations are allies and working together to eliminate the common terrorist threat that has proven destructive. Should we not welcome any talks which will improve our coordination and strengthen our strategic alliance? Should we shy away from the facts and focus on creating a conspiracy theory? Should we not seek to build such relationships through mutual interests and shared values? US respects Pakistan’s sovereignty and independence and therefore fully supports in its counter insurgency mission.

Our President and Chairman Mullen have both clearly stated that we do not seek to keep our forces in Afghanistan any longer than is necessary and our staged drawdown from Iraq is a perfect example of how our future plans in Afghanistan will unfold. ISAF will continue to serve in Afghanistan until Afghan forces, as determined by the Afghan government, can assume security responsibility.

See the link to read about the growing number of Afghan security forces training to combat and independently protect their nation.

http://www.centcom.mil/news/enemy-s-...in-afghanistan

See the link to read about how Afghan military police soldiers train for duty:

http://www.centcom.mil/news/afghan-n...epare-for-duty

US commitment will be long standing so that our country can maintain the trust we have built with the Afghans who do not want to once again be left at the mercy of Taliban.

Here you can watch how US forces have taken control from the Taliban in Marjah.

Here you can watch Afghan and ISAF troops drive the Taliban out of districts surrounding Kandahar.

Does not the evidence show that a true reflection of the situation in Afghanistan is not included in your opinion?

CDR Bill Speaks,

DET, United States Central Command

U.S. Central Command

Dear Bill Speaks, could you please comment (thoughts, opinions) on the thread detailing the attack on the Pakistani post, by over 300 fighters from Afghanistan that saw 19 members of the FC killed. Thank you.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...-fighters-afg-attack-frontier-corps-post.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom