What's new

Muezzin slapped for refusing to chant ‘Jai Shri Ram’ in West Bengal

Drizzt

Reaction score
Country
India
WB-muezzin[1].jpg

By Muslim Mirror Staff
New Delhi: A 54-year-old muezzin was allegedly slapped by an unidentified youth for refusing to chant Jai Shri Ram in West Bengal’s Hoogly district.

Mohammed Sufiuddin said that he was accosted by three motorcycle-borne youths and asked to chant the slogan when he was riding a bicycle from his home to the mosque on Wednesday around 3.45 am.

”I told them about my religious identity and requested them not to force me to chant the slogan. At this, one of the youths slapped me hard and I fell down with my cycle. As I cried in pain, the youths escaped from the scene. There was no one around as it was too early in the morning,” Sufiuddin was quoted by The Telegraph as saying.

Sufiuddin has filed a complaint at Chinsurah police station against three unidentified persons.

Gaurav Sharma, the police commissioner of Chandernagore said that a probe into the incident has been started.

”They only slapped me once but I lodged a complaint with the police to teach them a lesson. If the police take steps, they will not dare to do such things in future. It is not the culture of our area where I have been living since my childhood,” said Sufiuddin.

He says that BJP supporters have increasingly started to harass Muslims like him since the BJP won 18 seats in the 2019 parliamentary elections in the state.

”This is not the first such instance with me. Shortly after the 2019 poll result was declared, a youth, who was part of a bigger group, had said, ‘Kaka, Jai Shri Ram bolo’ (Uncle, chant Jai Shri Ram). But before I could reply to the youth, one of his friends rebuked him and asked him not to force me to chant Jai Shri Ram,” Sufiuddin said.

http://muslimmirror.com/eng/muezzin-slapped-for-refusing-to-chant-jai-shri-ram-in-west-bengal/

Every time I here an Azaan live it gives me a feeling of peace in my mind, especially the Azaan in my hometown in Pakistan.

Unfortunately Hanuman Army has nothing else to do than harassing a Muslim doing his duty. Our Indian friends will derail the thread soon.

Muslims and Hindus are too different to be put together in one country.

Now some Indians will come and remind Pakistani's about the situation of Hindu's in Pakistan.
Haha you know “Pakistan Minorities” is a oxymoron , how can a country which calls itself as a “Islamic Republic” & give all rights to Muslims be any good to its minorities

Haha you know “Pakistan Minorities” is a oxymoron , how can a country which calls itself as a “Islamic Republic” & give all rights to Muslims be any good to its minorities

You know there is no shame if you are born idiot, but its really shameful to come to a forum and literally prove it to the world. :D

The police have to come down hard on this set an example in the area. Also the majority of Hindus who not like this have to stick up for their fellow Indians stay silent and this shit will grow. I have not noticed this in Punjab but we still the majority but online I have seen it. Good to see a friend rebuke the idiot at the end of this story. These Indian Muslims not the invaders they native to this land and have as much a right as Hindus to be here even if they could trace lineage to the invaders they Indians just like Parsis are.Let this continue India will be what Some Pakistanis think it is. Then internal conflict by all will kill development and cause so much bloodshed . Punjabis bengalis and all the other minorities fought were hanged sent to prison and joined BIA to help get India freedom my family did their bit so did Muslims and everyone India is not the Hindu's property its all of ours. I'm sick of saying this and this my last comment to Indian posters who been here a while we used to say this to Pakistanis few years ago . I will delete this message in a bit I don't like talking to much information about my family or what we do . Nip it in the bud or we all be fighting instead of developing some Pakistanis here got the popcorn and for once they could not be onto something.Have some of you seen what names been said because of farm protests what sikhs been called online . Asking if Sikhs loyal and undermining our achievements Punjab's soil been poisoned because of the demand on it in the past and the stupidity of our people. Turn Muslim Indians against the country then what spend all the time fighting internal conflicts. This is i believe a critical time in our history and it will go either way i wonder what my grandkids will learn about in world history in high school . And to say Pakistan did this is shifting blame and you see another set of posters do this and it a silly counter

The police have to come down hard on this set an example in the area. Also the majority of Hindus who not like this have to stick up for their fellow Indians stay silent and this shit will grow. I have not noticed this in Punjab but we still the majority but online I have seen it. Good to see a friend rebuke the idiot at the end of this story. These Indian Muslims not the invaders they native to this land and have as much a right as Hindus to be here even if they could trace lineage to the invaders they Indians just like Parsis are.Let this continue India will be what Some Pakistanis think it is. Then internal conflict by all will kill development and cause so much bloodshed . Punjabis bengalis and all the other minorities fought were hanged sent to prison and joined BIA to help get India freedom my family did their bit so did Muslims and everyone India is not the Hindu's property its all of ours. I'm sick of saying this and this my last comment to Indian posters who been here a while we used to say this to Pakistanis few years ago . I will delete this message in a bit I don't like talking to much information about my family or what we do . Nip it in the bud or we all be fighting instead of developing some Pakistanis here got the popcorn and for once they could not be onto something.Have some of you seen what names been said because of farm protests what sikhs been called online . Asking if Sikhs loyal and undermining our achievements Punjab's soil been poisoned because of the demand on it in the past and the stupidity of our people. Turn Muslim Indians against the country then what spend all the time fighting internal conflicts. This is i believe a critical time in our history and it will go either way i wonder what my grandkids will learn about in world history in high school . And to say Pakistan did this is shifting blame and you see another set of posters do this and it a silly counter

Epic post bro, kudos.

Because your are a stupid idiot. By ur logic, does a secular republic not give all rights to its conservative minority? Not ur fault, u ppl have the smallest brains in the world and are mostly mere blind sheeps following those ugly smelly RSS rats.

Back
Top Bottom