What's new

Mr. Ashraf Ghani the man for Afghanistan

Afghan-India

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
AshrafGhaniAhmadzai16.jpg

Mr. Ghani is the leading candidate for becoming Afghanistans next head of state this year.

Mr. Ghani won the top thinker award, and is a very capable man, when it comes to economics and restoring a state.

When he was finance minister in Afghanistan, he presented the most complete and realistic plan for development, ever presented by a country.

He is very anti-corruption minded, and plans to make Afghanistan a corruption free state in 10 years, through several amazing approaches.

His plane is to make Afghanistan a regional economic powerhouse, and maintain friendly ties with our neighbours.

He has a 10 year relationship development plan for Afghanistan relations with Pakistan, ending with a creation of a friendly neighbourhood.

He is the right man for Afghanistan and the Region. :big_boss:

Right man maybe. But It will be a very tall order for him to first get elected and then stay corruption free.
Afghan democracy is still in infancy, it needs to be established and only then you can think about corruption free democracy.
Look at it this way, he can win only if Americans support him completely, use their dirty tricks and get him into the presidential palace (a la Karzai first election). This will then make him an American stooge, he will sign the BSA, no questions asked and do their bidding. The Afghan bazaar will start shouting murder and then to make friends he will have to buy some warlords. No end to corruption nor friendly ties with neighbors.
The other way to the top job in Afghanistan is by building up local networks by making friends with as many local warlords as possible (a la Karazai second election). You go and meet them offer them pieces of the pie, and ask them to shepherd voters into your camp. You will win election, but you will end up as being a pawn for these nasty people. They will push and pull you in all directions and will never be satisfied. No end to corruption or friendly ties with neighbors here either.
Look I wish him luck but it will be an extremely hard to achieve his goals. That is if they really are his goals in the first place?

Right man maybe. But It will be a very tall order for him to first get elected and then stay corruption free.
Afghan democracy is still in infancy, it needs to be established and only then you can think about corruption free democracy.
Look at it this way, he can win only if Americans support him completely, use their dirty tricks and get him into the presidential palace (a la Karzai first election). This will then make him an American stooge, he will sign the BSA, no questions asked and do their bidding. The Afghan bazaar will start shouting murder and then to make friends he will have to buy some warlords. No end to corruption nor friendly ties with neighbors.
The other way to the top job in Afghanistan is by building up local networks by making friends with as many local warlords as possible (a la Karazai second election). You go and meet them offer them pieces of the pie, and ask them to shepherd voters into your camp. You will win election, but you will end up as being a pawn for these nasty people. They will push and pull you in all directions and will never be satisfied. No end to corruption or friendly ties with neighbors here either.
Look I wish him luck but it will be an extremely hard to achieve his goals. That is if they really are his goals in the first place?
Read that mans plan for changing the afghan system, he's a living legend.

He made extremely difficult thing easy when he was finance minister.

Example: he created the new currency "afghani" in record time with huge success.

With him we will get very close to USA, he has Khalilzad in his team,former adviser for president Bush.

and you think getting very close to USA is good for Afghanistan?
Every country has its own agenda, (USA is not helping Afghanistan because of the goodness of their heart) And the US agenda is to use Afghanistan as a base to keep an eye on and destabilize its neighbors.
None of the neighboring countries want that, so in turn they will try and make life difficult for the Americans in Afghanistan. End result is you make Afghanistan a battleground, poor Afghans die will the rich world settle their scores.

We don't need an Afghan leader very close to this or that country, we need and want an Afghan leader who has only the interests of Afghanistan at his heart.

Coming back to the elections. Who do you think he is going to win this election. If I remember correctly he was standing last time as well and didn't really manage to get many votes.

Read that mans plan for changing the afghan system, he's a living legend.

He made extremely difficult thing easy when he was finance minister.

Example: he created the new currency "afghani" in record time with huge success.

With him we will get very close to USA, he has Khalilzad in his team,former adviser for president Bush.
and you think getting very close to USA is good for Afghanistan?
Every country has its own agenda, (USA is not helping Afghanistan because of the goodness of their heart) And the US agenda is to use Afghanistan as a base to keep an eye on and destabilize its neighbors.
None of the neighboring countries want that, so in turn they will try and make life difficult for the Americans in Afghanistan. End result is you make Afghanistan a battleground, poor Afghans die will the rich world settle their scores.

We don't need an Afghan leader very close to this or that country, we need and want an Afghan leader who has only the interests of Afghanistan at his heart.

Coming back to the elections. Who do you think he is going to win this election. If I remember correctly he was standing last time as well and didn't really manage to get many votes.

And the US agenda is to use Afghanistan as a base to keep an eye on and destabilize its neighbors.
Lie, they want to keep a control with the region, which is completely in our interest.
And no if the attack continues, Pakistanis will die in the hands of drones.

Lie, they want to keep a control with the region, which is completely in our interest.
And no if the attack continues, Pakistanis will die in the hands of drones.

So you agree that their agenda is to keep control (i-e destabilize) the region.
and then you think it's good for Afghanistan, wow.
Have you heard the one that says "when living in a glass house don't throw stones at others".

I agree Pakistanis will die and Afghans will die, while the Iranians, Russians, Chinese, Indians and Americans settle their scores.
Tell me you being an Afghan are ok with this?

So you agree that their agenda is to keep control (i-e destabilize) the region.
and then you think it's good for Afghanistan, wow.
Have you heard the one that says "when living in a glass house don't throw stones at others".

I agree Pakistanis will die and Afghans will die, while the Iranians, Russians, Chinese, Indians and Americans settle their scores.
Tell me you being an Afghan are ok with this?
To control and to destabilize os not the same thing, you must get your definitions right.

Afghanistan is in a weak position right now, and Pakistan, Iran etc. just wait to gain influence in our country if the US leaves.

Therefore, the presence of US forces is in our interest, because it will keep you guys at bay.

As Karzai said "This time we will not suffer alone"

A bomb explosion in Kandahar by the Quetta council, will lead to a bomb explosion in Quetta, and same story with Iran.

India, China has nothing to harm Afghanistan over, and they have invested billions, and i'm sure that they want profit from their investments.

Haven't you seen the numerous targeting killing of those Taliban leader which is called "Good Taliban" by your government.

And now we are going off topic, so let us end this debate here.

Peace.

To control and to destabilize os not the same thing, you must get your definitions right.

Afghanistan is in a weak position right now, and Pakistan, Iran etc. just wait to gain influence in our country if the US leaves.

So when USA is controlling (definition: the power to influence or direct people's behaviour or the course of events) Afghanistan then it's ok, but for Pakistan or Iran to even have influence is wrong.

Therefore, the presence of US forces is in our interest, because it will keep you guys at bay.

As Karzai said "This time we will not suffer alone"
It should be more like this time we will not suffer at hands of shoravi (russians) but at the hands of turbo-capitalists (Americans).

A bomb explosion in Kandahar by the Quetta council, will lead to a bomb explosion in Quetta, and same story with Iran.

India, China has nothing to harm Afghanistan over, and they have invested billions, and i'm sure that they want profit from their investments.

Pakistan, India, China or Iran have no interest in destabilizing Afghanistan, they are neighborly countries, what happens in Afghanistan affects them too.
On the other hand when Afghanistan is used to make bomb blasts be it in zinjiang or Zhob or Zahedan, those countries have a right to retaliate and that's when innocent Afghan civilians die, not the controllers (i-e masters).

Haven't you seen the numerous targeting killing of those Taliban leader which is called "Good Taliban" by your government.

And now we are going off topic, so let us end this debate here.

Peace.

Coming back to the topic. You never answered my question. How is Ashraf Ghani going to win this time, because in last elections he got very few votes. Has he achieved something since then?

On the other hand when Afghanistan is used to make bomb blasts be it in zinjiang or Zhob or Zahedan
Afghanistan has never fired the first bullet, so that's unlikely.

Coming back to the topic. You never answered my question. How is Ashraf Ghani going to win this time, because in last elections he got very few votes. Has he achieved something since then?

The main factor is that Hamid Karzai is out of the game, which means that many of his votes will automatically go to Mr. Ghani.

He has also a strong team behind him, as i said Khalilzad and other big names in afghan politics.

Mr. Ghani is already leading the pre-polls.

Afghanistan has never fired the first bullet, so that's unlikely.

Aah the innocence of it all. Look I never said Afghanistan in itself is doing it. I said when Afghanistan is used (meaning Afghan land and man power is used). That is to say when your controllers do them but using Afghanistan.

The main factor is that Hamid Karzai is out of the game, which means that many of his votes will automatically go to Mr. Ghani.

He has also a strong team behind him, as i said Khalilzad and other big names in afghan politics.

Mr. Ghani is already leading the pre-polls.

Hamid Karzai may be out but we have another Karzai who is also running. This is from The Times of London.
"The older brother of Hamid Karzai, the departing President of Afghanistan, was one of many last-minute entrants in the race to replace him.

Qayum Karzai, 56, joins at least 17 other men, many of whom are warlords or politicians, who will stand in the poll, which is due to take place next April."

Full article here Karzai’s brother joins scramble for election | The Times

That means that all the Hamid Karzai votes and connection won't be going to Ashraf Ghani but to Qayum Karzai.

Having Zalmay Khalilzad in his team won't bring him much benefit unless Ashraf Ghani has decided to be the absolute puppet of Washington, and is expecting their spooks to do the trick for him.
Thats probably also the reason why HK has delayed signing the BSA as explained by former Indian diplomat M K Bhadrakumar here.
"What matters critically, however, is Karzai’s calculus. Certainly, his last-minute announcement that he would leave it to his successor to sign the BSA took the US by surprise, as admitted, here, by none other than the US special representative James Dobbins over the weekend. That is to say, Karzai would have anticipated Rice would probably come with the diktat, ‘Sign, or else.’ (By the way, the visit was at Karzai’s invitation.)
So, he presumably kept a wish list of “preconditions” for signing the BSA– termination of the US military raids of Afghan homes, release of Guantanamo Bay detainees, commencement of immediate peace talks by the US with the Taliban, inclusion of Bamyan in the list of the US-NATO military bases, and firm US assurance of non-interference in the forthcoming Afghan presidential election on April 5."

The full article can be found here A windfall Afghan exit strategy for Obama - Indian Punchline

Qayum Karzai, 56, joins at least 17 other men, many of whom are warlords or politicians, who will stand in the poll, which is due to take place next April."

Qayum Karzai has almost no support in Afghanistan.

At the moment Mr. Ghani leads all polls, so let us stick to the opinion of the Afghan people, and not what you mean or feel

Qayum Karzai has almost no support in Afghanistan.

At the moment Mr. Ghani leads all polls, so let us stick to the opinion of the Afghan people, and not what you mean or feel

Mate, read my post again. What you are quoting me on is not what I was saying, but it was what the times article was saying. I take it that you don't understand the meaning of something being in inverted commas (I can't believe I have to explain this to you).
Also it will help you alot if you read that blog by ex-Ambassador Bhadrakumar. He is an Indian and you being Afghan-India. I thought you will understand his writing better.
As the saying goes "sleep over it". It's too late in Afghanistan right now.
And as you said earlier and I repeat.

Peace to all

Mate, read my post again. What you are quoting me on is not what I was saying, but it was what the times article was saying. I take it that you don't understand the meaning of something being in inverted commas (I can't believe I have to explain this to you).
Also it will help you alot if you read that blog by ex-Ambassador Bhadrakumar. He is an Indian and you being Afghan-India. I thought you will understand his writing better.
As the saying goes "sleep over it". It's too late in Afghanistan right now.
And as you said earlier and I repeat.

Peace to all
Again you asked about why Ghani would win this time, when he didn't last time.

So you are actually asking:"Why does Ghani leads the polls now, when he didn't back in 2009"

The most logical answer to that question is that Karzai is out of the game, and Ghani has managed to get supported from leading political figures.

afterwords you come out with a new statement saying:
"I don't think that Ghani will get Karzais vote, because Karzais brother is also running"

To that i answered.

"The polls tells us a different story, he is not even among the top contenders"

Is it clear now, why it is likely that he becomes the next president?

Again you asked about why Ghani would win this time, when he didn't last time.

So you are actually asking:"Why does Ghani leads the polls now, when he didn't back in 2009"

The most logical answer to that question is that Karzai is out of the game, and Ghani has managed to get supported from leading political figures.

afterwords you come out with a new statement saying:
"I don't think that Ghani will get Karzais vote, because Karzais brother is also running"

To that i answered.

"The polls tells us a different story, he is not even among the top contenders"

Is it clear now, why it is likely that he becomes the next president?

What I was saying is that he didn't just loose last election, he lost it badly. It was Dr Abdullah who came second. So he wasn't even a runner up.
About the Karzai brothers I will stick to my point. HK will try his best to make his brother the next president (he is family). That is a fact. It works that way in all of Central/South Asia.
Now the reason why I gave you that article by M K Bhadrakumar was to show you that HK is concerned about American manipulation and dirty works upto and during the presidential elections.
But you just want to argue and doesn't want to read anything (that's actually your loss).
As far those polls are concerned I would like you to give me a link to them, also if you could be so kind as to say who carried them out and who paid for those polls. You see opinion polls can be manipulated as well. That's why it's better to have a fuller picture.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom