What's new

US to keep 9,800 Afghanistan troops after 2014 & plans full troop withdrawal by 2016

The Americans will be vacating all of Afghanistan apart from Kabul and Bagram by end 2015. Then by the end of the Obama presidency that will be further reduced to just about a small security presence in Kabul.
Wet dreams galore!! In fact the US will reinforce its troops in 2015 - 16. They will never leave Afghanistan in a vacuum for vultures who are eying the spoils after the so called 'withdrawal'.

Afghanistan is the center of gravity in Asia for energy and natural resources. The US is there to stay till the cows come home.

So don't ever be under the mistaken impression that you guys will have a free run in Afghanistan with your Taliban friends once the US troops depart. They're never going to! And Bagram will never be vacated for sure. That's the only logistics airbase they have.

Good news for Afganistan forces. They are now capable to do operation alone as they have done in last 2 years but they still need some supports including Training and drones for some more time.

told you noob.my first and last post has literally no difference.they'll post these soldiers for long term for various training and decision making,even if,and thats a big IFF,they withdraw half of their strength.dude,you've some serious comprehension issue.

You really have a very serious problem reading things. Read the title of the thread and all the other news doing the rounds. Uncle Sam is leaving and by the end of 2016 their won't be any US boots on the Afghan ground (apart from the 1K security staff in Kabul).
So what long term training and decision making you are talking about. Are you really such an idiot to comprehend that you can not carry out any meaningful training and decision making with a thousand soldiers. Or you just behaving like an Ostrich cause you don't like the news and thus hiding you head in the sand.

air support doesn't need first jets as Talibs doesn't have any aircraft that they're going to intercept.as Air Support,its going to be Gunships and CAS aircrafts like Embraer A29B Super Tucano(which even USAF uses) which they're buying.they're asking and probably get more MI-35 as heavy gunship and Super Tunaco as strike aircraft.so stop acting like a jurkk and study before making comments.as per Kashmir,it has nothing to do with chut!y@ Musharraf's policy as even till date,Pakistan is pushing terrorists.we whacked their sorry @$$ fair and square,and that even without any airpower Pakistan resorted against their TTP.

Super Tunaco....

Super Tucano Wins Afghanistan Light Air Support Bid | Defense News | defensenews.com

Hardpoints:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_EMB_314_Super_Tucano

Super_Tucano_weapons_static_exhibition.jpg

Gunships....

Defense.gov News Article: Afghan Air Corps Returns Mi-35 Helicopters to Flight

Afghan Air Force Mi-35 Gunship Helicopters at Jalalabad Airfield | Global Military Review

ANA use some 9 MI-35 and probably will get more(in fact,they asked India.now we've to see what Indian Govt will allocate for them via Russia).

Also,Mi-17 can be converted to Gunship using Stub Wing.they uses some 70 MI-24 and are in process to get more.

You were talking about strike aircraft. Do you even know what a bloody strike aircraft is, I am £ucking tired of spoon feeding you basic info. But here I will help you again. Read the definition of strike aircraft. This is from Wiki.

In current military parlance, a strike fighter is a multirole combat aircraft designed to operate primarily in the air-to-surface attack role while also incorporating certain performance characteristics of a fighter aircraft. As a category, it is distinct from fighter-bombers. Examples of contemporary American strike fighters are the McDonnell Douglas F-15E Strike Eagle, Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, and Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II.
Strike fighter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The ones that you have mentioned are helicopters and the Super Tucano is a light attack turboprop. Completely different to strike aircraft.
So before you start your verbal diarrhea, check the facts.

The intended user of the Russian helicopters is the Afghan National Security Forces Special Mission Wing, an aviation unit that supports counter-terrorism, counter-narcotics and special operations missions, Army officials say.

The Mi-17 helicopter, built by the Kazan Helicopter Plant in Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, is a modified Russian Mi-8M Hip medium twin-turbine transport helicopter that also can function as a helicopter gunship.

Versions of this helicopter equipped with hardpoints can 3,300 pounds of bombs, rockets, and guns. Work on the contract will be done in Russia, and should be finished by the end of 2014.

U.S. Army to buy 30 Russian Mi-17 helicopters for use in high, hot areas of Afghanistan - Military & Aerospace Electronics

url

url

and then,this.................................

Drone strikes on terrorists to continue: Barack Obama - The Times of India

Wet dreams galore!! In fact the US will reinforce its troops in 2015 - 16. They will never leave Afghanistan in a vacuum for vultures who are eying the spoils after the so called 'withdrawal'.

Afghanistan is the center of gravity in Asia for energy and natural resources. The US is there to stay till the cows come home.

So don't ever be under the mistaken impression that you guys will have a free run in Afghanistan with your Taliban friends once the US troops depart. They're never going to! And Bagram will never be vacated for sure. That's the only logistics airbase they have.

What planet do you live on. Were you asleep for the last few days.
It's not what I am saying, it's what Obama is saying. and no matter how much you wish for them to stay. The US has decided to go.
If you don't like the announcement take you issue with Obama, not my decision, dude.
But just a word of advice, crying is not gonna help you now.
If you think you are man enough and if you think India is a power strong enough, then maybe you can put up a proposal to take over the bases that the US is vacating and the world will see what you can achieve. If that's not happening then just shut it and chew on what Uncle Sam through s at you.

What planet do you live on. Were you asleep for the last few days.
It's not what I am saying, it's what Obama is saying. and no matter how much you wish for them to stay. The US has decided to go.
If you don't like the announcement take you issue with Obama, not my decision, dude.
But just a word of advice, crying is not gonna help you now.
If you think you are man enough and if you think India is a power strong enough, then maybe you can put up a proposal to take over the bases that the US is vacating and the world will see what you can achieve. If that's not happening then just shut it and chew on what Uncle Sam through s at you.
Relax dude! Don't blow your radiator! What Obama said is pure politics to cater to the peace constituency in the US of A. :P

The US is there to stay. Afghanistan is the next permanent US military base. Period! Any amount of waffle by you is not going to change that. :azn:

And I live on planet Earth, unlike you who live in your dream world! :tongue:

Relax dude! Don't blow your radiator! What Obama said is pure politics to cater to the peace constituency in the US of A. :P

The US is there to stay. Afghanistan is the next permanent US military base. Period! Any amount of waffle by you is not going to change that. :azn:

And I live on planet Earth, unlike you who live in your dream world! :tongue:

And what makes you so sure. Did Obama gave you a phone before hand and reassured you that they will stay in Afghanistan forever and a day?
Or you just figured that out by reading the stars. LOL

:cheesy:

And what makes you so sure. Did Obama gave you a phone before hand and reassured you that they will stay in Afghanistan forever and a day?
Or you just figured that out by reading the stars. LOL

:cheesy:
There are 9 places where the US wants to keep troops including the capital, Kabul, the sprawling Bagram airbase, which has been the heart of operations in the east, the restive southern provinces of Kandahar and Helmand, and Shindand in the west, where Nato is training the Afghan airforce.

The other bases are in the northern hub of Mazar-i-Sharif, the western city of Herat, near the Iranian border, and eastern Gardez and Jalalabad, which is a key gateway to Pakistan and a base for drones.

And no. Obama didn't call me up. A little birdie told me that. And that birdie doesn't lie! :-)

Last edited:
are you such a naive or some high class troll that you didn't or couldn't understand what I've posted??1000 soldiers??half of 10000 is 5000 noob.

Here we go again the so called senior member who can not read. The 5000 figure is for end 2015. By the end of 2016 which is also the end of Obama presidency the level will be cut further to about 1k, aka normal security presence. Don't believe me read the following from Reuters.

"By the end of 2016, the U.S. presence would be cut to a normal embassy presence with a security assistance office in Kabul, as was done in Iraq."
Obama plans to end U.S. troop presence in Afghanistan by 2016| Reuters
Now I understand you and your friend @OrionHunter are butt hurt on this development. But nothing can we do about it. If you have an issue with this figure go and take with Obama, I am not his policy advisor.

training an already raised force doesn't take a million soldiers.plus,ANA is newly raised force.so any kind of bigger operation planning will surely be planned with the help of US Forces.plus,US will continue its Special Operations and its Drone business as usual.in the eye of USA,Afghanistan is an important footprint which gives an important access to this region,which can't be accessed via any country.if you so naive to think that ISAF will leave this region in the hands of inexperienced ANA and unstable leadership,you're wrong.and thats why they're pressing Afghan Govt to sign the US-Afghan Security Pact so that presence of US troops can be legalised.if they're leaving this region,there'll be no need for that.

The BSA is to cover the period from end 2014 to end 2016. Two years period.
Obama is saying they are leaving, you are saying I am wrong when I quote his words. Tell me is it Obama who is the president of the USA or is it you. For **** sake idiocy has limits man.

Obama's announcement that USA will leave 10000 soldiers behind just points to that 2nd option,where 2 options were.........either withdraw full force by 2014(and that means all of them,not leaving anyone behind) or according to BSA,will leave 10000 soldiers(and I repeat,no withdrawal dates were given.the force will be used for Counter Insurgency and Training).now,its 2nd option means BSA will be signed.and BSA means,Funding and training them along with mentoring their force(with no deadline).its like giving Cheque and keeping the tab.they'll send massive help via arms donation,arms export,giving funds for research,helping in training and capacity building and so on along with keeping forces in Afghanistan(number could vary,and nothing is certain about how many soldiers USA will keep post 2014)..does all these look like "USA is leaving Afghanistan"??

Seriously no withdrawal dates read my earlier quote again. You think by repeating your idiotic claims ad infinitum will make it true. Go on do you mantra in a munder and leave serious discussions to grown ups.

please spare me about your peasize brain's knowledge and read this......

Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Light attack aircraft having capability of both A2A(limited) and A2G along with CAS and Recon.don;t know what you've dreamed about "Strike Aircraft".

Definition...............

An attack aircraft (also called a strike aircraft or attack bomber) is tactical military aircraft that has a primary role of attacking targets on the ground or sea, with greater precision than bombers, and which is prepared to encounter stronger low-level air defenses.This class of aircraft is designed mostly for close air support and naval air-to-surface missions, but they are also employed in other missions, for example air interdiction or offensive counter air. In contrast to fighter aircraft, attack aircraft are not necessarily intended for air-to-air combat. However, modern aircraft are often equipped with air-to-air missiles for self-defense.

Attack aircraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://books.google.co.in/books?id=PEd4-eIdrPQC&pg=PA25&redir_esc=y

so please spare me of your knowledge.

and I repeat,which I said earlier....it is "Strike Aircraft",not "Strike Fighter".you have some serious comprehension problem.read properly before making comment.

Right so the mighty super Tucano is coming and we all to believe that a foe which couldn't be defeated by the US who were employing F16s, F15s, A10 and B52s, will now be defeated by the Super Tucanos. Spare us your BS

There are 9 places where the US wants to keep troops including the capital, Kabul, the sprawling Bagram airbase, which has been the heart of operations in the east, the restive southern provinces of Kandahar and Helmand, and Shindand in the west, where Nato is training the Afghan airforce.

The other bases are in the northern hub of Mazar-i-Sharif, the western city of Herat, near the Iranian border, and eastern Gardez and Jalalabad, which is a key gateway to Pakistan and a base for drones.

And no. Obama didn't call me up. A little birdie told me that. And that birdie doesn't lie! :-)

Right Obama is lying but your little birdie is coming to you in your sleep and is telling you the truth. :crazy:
I for one can not argue with that.
Well I think I will leave to the readers to believe your birdies or Obama about American policy. I have enough of arguing with thickos like yourself.
If you are going to repeat your mantra about birdies then please spare me the effort and don't quote me.

Ciao

and we're not talking about troops numbers noob.are you so D*mb that you couldn't understand what we stated??read again.we give rats @$$ about the ISAF's "Strength on ground".if 3.5 lac ANA plus few lac armed police couldn't make any difference,these 1000 soldiers could make any significant difference either.its about "US Presence".BSA,Finance,Arms Donation,Training(until ANA starts its own training) and decision making.we could go round and round until the end of the world,or you could start learning english and could consume what is stated already several times.and again,don't act like "$ma@rt@$$",because you're making your condition more comical.

and by the way,from your thinking,I think you're having impression that USA still protects Afghanistan.but you know what??its ANA which is fighting Talibans for some months now and not ISAF.ANA already took charge most of the places.

it hurts,doesn't it,when you realize you made an @$$ out of yourself??:rofl::rofl:

now you've started comparing USAF's capability with ANA's.:D but then again,Gunships and Strike Aircrafts are promising start.ANA is not comparable to ISAF.but then,it is always observed that local fighters understand and could eradicate terrorists more effectively than some foreign troops.they'll fight for their country,will have more local support than ISAF and even AF Taliban could agree for peace talk.if not,surely ANA's manpower will be enough to stop them.though Drones will never stop,as Obama said today.:D they'll surely bomb "we know where" and "we know who" are going to be yell "Down with USA".

What kinda £ucking troll are you? You were yipping about how many troops the US is gonna keep for the last two days, now when I proved to you that Obama has decided to leave, you want to discuss the strength of the ANSF.
You are an absolutely shameless person.
If you want to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the ANSF make a thread and I will discuss it to your satisfaction. This thread is about the US withdrawal from Afghanistan. They are leaving and no matter how much you whinge they are not changing their mind.
So suck on that. B!tch.

that will be disaster for US forces ... better to leave once and for all

“We will only sustain a military presence after 2014 if the Afghan government signs the Bilateral Security Agreement,” the senior administration official told reporters. Assuming a BSA is signed, at the beginning of 2015, we will have 9,800 US service members in different parts of the country, together with our NATO allies and other partners,” the official continued. “By the end of 2015, we would reduce that presence by roughly half, consolidating US troops in Kabul and on Bagram Airfield. “And one year later, by the end of 2016, we will draw down to a normal embassy presence with a security assistance office in Kabul, as we have done in Iraq.”

Whats the fuss about ? Isn't the statement more than clear ?

Chut!y@,couldn't understand a frigging english word and yet dare to quote me??what kind of troll are you??where the hell I said USA would keep enough troops,or anywhere I said about "USA's Strength will remain intact"??last 2 days,we're discussing about "Presence",and you are still adamant about "Boots on Ground".truly,Pakistan's education $uck$.

For the last £ucking time, I am answering your BS. This is what you wrote open your eyes and read.

that means,after 2014,there'll be some 15000 foreign troops will remain in AF.After USA,it'll be Turkey who will have more soldiers.

15000 foreign troops is not my figure, you plucked it out of your arse and now have the audacity to blame me. Seriously man stick to you day job and don't get your arse entangled in military affairs.

@OrionHunter and I quoted you long enough about "US' enough presence to continue Training and Counter Insurgency,Drone Strike,BSA,Funding,Training etc".now if thats not "US presence",what is, B!tch???go and Fkuc yourself lowlife troll.
as for your enough "Chut!y@!$m",I'm quoting your post for last time........

BSA has duration for at least 12 years.

First of all BSA hasn't been signed by Afghanistan yet so whatever you are pasting is not final, second if the US doesn't keep the troops, having that agreement for 12 years is pointless. For a b!tch like it beyond your comprehension.
read this,Chut!y@........

After more than a year of negotiations, U.S. and Afghan officials reached an agreement Sunday affirming the United States’ commitment to Afghanistan for a decade after its formal troop withdrawal in 2014.

Afghanistan, U.S. reach pact on post-2014 American support - The Washington Post
U.S.–Afghanistan Strategic Partnership Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hopefully I've bashed enough to not reply me again.

After 2016 you want the US to continue training, Counter Insurgency, Drone Strikes and the Security of US mission with a thousand soldiers. Like I told you before this is not a subject that you can comprehend. Go and suck somewhere else I think I have kicked you arse enough time here b!tch.

Last edited:
@nangyale

dude,fkuc off..go and learn english before post here..if you're so noob who doesn't mean what "Post 2014"(that means 2015 and after) means,then you should fkuc yourself for being here in the first place.last 3 days,I've wasted enough time posting news and information.to you,BSA is nothing,Treaty that'd determine number of soldiers is nothing,training is nothing,but "Boots on ground" is everything.to you,Strike Fighter and Strike Aircraft is same. :rofl::rofl: I barely argue with such primitive human.go and fkuc yourself.

thats what happens when one gets trained by brainwashed mullahs. :rofl::rofl: if BSA wouldn't get signed,then USA wouldn't keep soldiers post 2014 in the first place,let alone funds and all.but they're leaving 10000 soldiers.towards what it indicates???use brain before posting,not your dk!c.fkuc off.don't quote me further.I've tolerated enough nonsense for one month.

@OrionHunter

check this guy. :D
He just can't digest that Americans are not leaving Afganistan in 2014 and keep supporting ANA even after. His dreams are finally broken so the pain. LOLs

Back
Top Bottom