What's new

Mountain Warfare Against China: US Plans to Sell 145 Guns to India

do you have a weapon system like SDB in the works :undecided:

There has been development in related technology. Nirbhay cruise missile, Sudarshan glide bomb, Rustam, Nishant, Brahmos, and DRDO has been involved in all of them.

There has been development in related technology. Nirbhay cruise missile, Sudarshan glide bomb, Rustam, Nishant, Brahmos, and DRDO has been involved in all of them.

none of ones you listed would work like the SDB

Nirbhay is a cruise missile and not in the same category of weapon. the SDB is strapped to a rocket and glides to the target. using Nirbhay would be costly and overkill.

Sudarshan is a kit for a large bomb, while SDB isn't. you wouldn't be able to fire a Sudarshan from a 200mm rocket or a even 300mm one like Smerch

Rustam & Nishant are DRONES, but could work as a hunter killer team with a ground launch SDB system

Brahmos like Nirbhay is a missile and would be expensive to use. . you would want to save your use of Brahmos for high value targets.

none of ones you listed would work like the SDB

Nirbhay is a cruise missile and not in the same category of weapon. the SDB is strapped to a rocket and glides to the target. using Nirbhay would be costly and overkill.

Sudarshan is a kit for a large bomb, while SDB isn't. you wouldn't be able to fire a Sudarshan from a 200mm rocket or a even 300mm one like Smerch

Rustam & Nishant are DRONES, but could work as a hunter killer team with a ground launch SDB system

Brahmos like Nirbhay is a missile and would be expensive to use. . you would want to save your use of Brahmos for high value targets.

What a absurd argument.

No one has claimed that any of them can be a substitute. They have the necessary technology which can be used to evolve Pinaka missile into SDB.

The glide technology, the control surfaces, the flight software, guidance technology etc.

What a absurd argument.

No one has claimed that any of them can be a substitute. They have the necessary technology which can be used to evolve Pinaka missile into SDB.

The glide technology, the control surfaces, the flight software, guidance technology etc.

my point is the current weapons in India are expensive compared to the GLSDB, and it would be better option

your point is India could develop indigenous system like the GLSDB :coffee:

but from my research only boeing/saab having anything like the GLSDB in the works right now and future

not saying India couldn't develop it's own, but why not go for the sure thing :o:

my point is the current weapons in India are expensive compared to the GLSDB, and it would be better option

your point is India could develop indigenous system like the GLSDB :coffee:

but from my research only boeing/saab having anything like the GLSDB in the works right now and future

not saying India couldn't develop it's own, but why not go for the sure thing :o:

I would rather have India do things the hard way and fail and try again till we succeed.

Short cuts like joint research gives temporary benefit, but is not advisable in the long run. Indian R&D needs to Evolve and there are no short cuts to hard work.

Its one to to have joint development in areas where you have no expertise, but to do so in areas where you have demonstrated ability to do so is just dumb.

I would rather have India do things the hard way and fail and try again till we succeed.

Short cuts like joint research gives temporary benefit, but is not advisable in the long run. Indian R&D needs to Evolve and there are no short cuts to hard work.

Its one to to have joint development in areas where you have no expertise, but to do so in areas where you have demonstrated ability to do so is just dumb.
good luck with that then :wave:

I just wish the U.S had the GLSDB in 2003. would of been pretty effective in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Only 145 guns, we can deploy 1450 if we want. India presently is no rival of China. I take these ranting thread as fun.

To be honest, Indians are More capable doing small business than fighting wars.

Only 145 guns, we can deploy 1450 if we want. India presently is no rival of China. I take these ranting thread as fun.

Which is why you have nothing to worry. So relax wang.

I'm relaxed. especially when India has to buy entrance class weapon like light howitzer.
I'm relaxed. especially when India has to buy entrance class weapon like light howitzer.

No need to post that twice, we get it :P

There's going be to follow on order of 500 more...

and where are you going to lay these 1450 systems??? we bought light weight expensive one is because of the mountainous terrain with China..

e82c357bde7269c.png
The PLA has 155 calibre air-mobile ULHs? I don't think so....
check AH-4

China army has anything that our western counterpart has. We aso have advantage because we stand higher than you when open fire, it means we have more range.

This baby is less than 3.5 tons, means our helicopter can carry it anywhere near India border. To my surprise, it can also fire NATO 155mm calibre rounds.

which means India can buy AH-4 from China at cheaper price.

i know India has great potetial in the future, until now you are only baby scout.

We Chinese can produce anything India can produce with better quality, and we can build anything India buys from West with better quantity.

To put it simple, you are overwhelmed.

At the same time, i think China will not easily attack India because we know the damn feeling of being invaded. If India respects China once, we reciprocate back you twice.

The reason why China build up muscle near India border is not to preparing invading India, but to prevent India plot on China's lands. We hope the best and prepare for the worst.

1962 is always a pain on the back.

No one expected India will backstabbed China when Inddians said' Indi Chini Bhi Bhi'

The PLA has 155 calibre air-mobile ULHs? I don't think so....
I am surprised that a senior pdf member like you didn't know that. :)

While reporting these defence deal reporters should try not to mention any of the target nation, like china here in these case.

That is idiotic headline.
I don't mind. Similar news title has been running since at least 2012 and the current status is still "US plans". I should have been accustomed to the way India media waging wars with unrealized weaponry.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom