What's new

Most wanted terrorist captured from hotel in Pakistan

The same ' Either you are with us or against us ' we spoke of earlier , Commander ? The problem being that only the other side will kill you for not being on their side , however the same wouldn't be true otherwise .

Why would Saudi special forces need to enter when they have their own proxies in Pakistan..:ashamed:

Whats the need to arrest or announce there arrest, just interrogate and shoot these beasts. why to waste time of judiciary on these savage creatures

Why would Saudi special forces need to enter when they have their own proxies in Pakistan..:ashamed:

Yes , even the local God's viceroy can do the trick for them as it has , always been . Why do I feel like cursing the Commander of the Faithful ? :azn:

paracha is running out of BS :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) thinking.

might need another pack of cigarrate to find more BS ideas

The article was very funny indeed.I read him long time ago when he used to write in Dawn, but stopped reading him after only a few lines. Don't you guys wonder that his name is Nadeem F Paracha. You should get it

These are YOUR words, not mine.

I didn't say it was the whole audience, and I certainly didn't say anything about secularism.

If you think what I wrote above has the remotest connection to secularism, then you haven't the faintest clue about secularism.

Mate , you have been for the whole time trying hard to discredit and disprove the author of the article by saying things such as ' Mr . Paracha is targeting high $$ Indian market and trying to find a way into the Indian media ' or ' a particular segment only likes his article ' and somehow that ' the particular segment is greatly influenced by the West and loves anything that degrades Pakistan ' . Easy way to prove him wrong somehow ? Admit it or not , you have been attacking the messenger and not the message . Yeah , I got the majority of the Dawn's audience part just fine even if you didn't explicitly mentioned it .

Of course , it doesn't have anything to do with secularism , nothing whatsoever . Perhaps , you didn't get the sarcasm in my post . I just said how it becomes easy to ignore and skip the message and just declare it wrong , because of who wrote it . Infidel/Secular/Liberal/Fascist/Communist and Indian/American/Jewish/Western agent tags are common way to do it in Pakistan and well to some extent , even you did the same which is what I was pointing at .

Many people who consider themselves westernized and progressive have no understanding of fundamental principles of liberalism. The examples I gave above are directly counter to western liberalism.

Under true liberalism, a Pakistani should be free to learn Arabic or English, wear a headscarf or a skirt. Whenever people try to impose one way or another, then they become extremists, regardless of what label they assign themselves.

How very true . Agreed on both parts . I have always maintained that extremism is not only limited to religion in Pakistan .

If you read the whole thread, you will see that Paracha's "message" has already been exposed as a formulaic charade.

Well , I read your post and somehow , it wasn't about the article content but rather than what would he do if something like this happens ? and what he doesn't write on ? . Not relevant , not at least for me . His previous record and mode of operation is not being put under scrutiny . I am not a big fan nor I read him regularly to be frank . I am limiting my opinion to only this piece of article that the intended message isn't wrong , the double standards and hypocrisy are evident and sadly and unfortunately , this is the state of affairs in Pakistan . I gave two examples for that in my second post , in which I quoted you . Kirk , Over and Out .

Mate , you have been for the whole time trying hard to discredit and disprove the author of the article

I respect authors who are intellectually honest and present a fair and balanced view in their writings. I don't know if you have read any of his articles dealing with India/Pakistan conflict or comparisons, but his glaring omissions and the downright falsehoods that he peddles to suck up to Indians are ridiculous.

It may be fashionable in certain circles to bash Pakistan unfairly and to peddle blatantly false Indian propaganda verbatim, but I will certainly not respect any author who does so.

His "anything for a buck" mentality is germane to the discussion, especially given the contradictions in his article as I pointed out.

I am limiting my opinion to only this piece of article

And I, most definitely, am not.

I am putting this article in the context of Paracha's other columns and highlighting his intellectual dishonesty. I am doing this because this is not the first time he has done this. He is an extremely dishonest author who cherry picks his facts and completely ignores anything which doesn't suit his agenda. At times -- like this one -- he contradicts himself.

In several of his columns, Paracha has ridiculed Pakistanis who learn Arabic or who give importance to memorizing the Quran, which makes his comments in this column contradictory.

Back
Top Bottom