What's new

Most Afghans want US troops

Afghanistan was progressed fairly well until the 1970s (for a developing country).

"From the 1930s to the 1970s, Afghanistan had a semblance of a national government and Kabul was known as “the Paris of Central Asia.”
When Afghanistan was “the Paris of Central Asia” « Asian Window

Roadrunner: If you are trying to learn something about our history that's alright but if you are trying to be right then you are wrong!

Brother things are really not what you are saying Pashtuns aren't saints of Afghanistan neither Tajik, Uzbek, Hazara; I am not neglecting that Zahir's era was peaceful but he kept the nation in dark so he could rule, he used to hire Peers in remote villages to spread his words with religious illusions, he is known for his animal hunting in various parts of Afghanistan and all he brought was peace in his era nothing else.

Only Kabul was known as The Paris of Central Asia but what about the rest of Afghanistan?

Everyone had a role in destroying Afghanistan but Pashtun who had ruled for many years and had very much experience of governing the nation committed those unlawful acts that neither Tajiks, Hazara or Uzbeks did and that's why I don't support any of them.

Roadrunner: If you are trying to learn something about our history that's alright but if you are trying to be right then you are wrong!

Brother things are really not what you are saying Pashtuns aren't saints of Afghanistan neither Tajik, Uzbek, Hazara;

Dear genius, why do you address this to me?

This is what I said two pages ago

roadrunner said:
The Pashtuns have brutalized the Hazara, but have the Hazara not brutalized the Pashtuns? Why is your recollection of history so biased?

Ethnic Pashtuns in Afghanistan are being attacked in a wave of violence that could undermine the country's future, a human rights group has claimed.
BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | Pashtuns 'targeted in Afghan violence'

There's many links (and also for Pashtun on Hazara violence). You suggesting one group is better is either ignorance or deliberate misrepresentation.

is the above difficult to understand?

I am not neglecting that Zahir's era was peaceful but he kept the nation in dark so he could rule, he used to hire Peers in remote villages to spread his words with religious illusions, he is known for his animal hunting in various parts of Afghanistan and all he brought was peace in his era nothing else.

Dear intelligent fellow. peace is what every afghan wants. theyre sick of war, something you should try understanding.

As for the King's bit in proselytizing. thats a big joke. he was totally anti-extremist. his wife was galavanting around europe in a skirt and no head dress, and he hoped this attitude would catch on amongst rural afghans.

read up the history. it's quite boring to repeat all this.

Only Kabul was known as The Paris of Central Asia but what about the rest of Afghanistan?

kabul being the paris of central asia is a lot better than the current situation. wouldnt you agree?

Everyone had a role in destroying Afghanistan but Pashtun who had ruled for many years and had very much experience of governing the nation committed those unlawful acts that neither Tajiks, Hazara or Uzbeks did and that's why I don't support any of them.

but the pashtun leadership from 1930 - 1970 didnt commit any unlawful acts yet could rule afghanistan peacefully.

that is what afghans want. stability.

Dear intelligent fellow. peace is what every afghan wants. theyre sick of war, something you should try understanding.

As for the King's bit in proselytizing. thats a big joke. he was totally anti-extremist. his wife was galavanting around europe in a skirt and no head dress, and he hoped this attitude would catch on amongst rural afghans.

read up the history. it's quite boring to repeat all this.

That's what I am telling you there was a huge difference between the state and the people.

kabul being the paris of central asia is a lot better than the current situation. wouldnt you agree?

No, economical, infrastructural and cultural wise Kabul in the current situation is a lot better than it was called Paris of Central Asia.

but the pashtun leadership from 1930 - 1970 didnt commit any unlawful acts yet could rule afghanistan peacefully.

that is what afghans want. stability.

That's what I tried to say in my previous post, despite of being a major reality in Afghanistan's history they chosen to take part in the destruction of Afghanistan and as a matter of fact Pashtun leaders are responsible for the start of instability in Afghanistan.

Afghanistan was progressed fairly well until the 1970s (for a developing country).

"From the 1930s to the 1970s, Afghanistan had a semblance of a national government and Kabul was known as “the Paris of Central Asia.”
When Afghanistan was “the Paris of Central Asia” « Asian Window

You still want to deny that the period under the King were Afghanistan's only recent period of prosperity?

Before I reply to your post, i want to say that i am glad that Pashtun nationalism is haunting Pakistan too, so we are not the ONLY ONE. It has distrubed your sleep badly so you do everything to destablize Afghanistan in order that the Pashtuns dont have the time and chance to claim on NWFP, but you know what, they have already made their mind and will keep on haunting you. Even your support of Pashtuns is based on the Fear of Pashtunistan issue.

Back to your post: Off course there was some progress in Kabul City, it was not bad at all, but had you dared to take one step outside kabul and you had seen poverty. Secondly, everything good was appointed to the ruling pashtuns class followed by the other pashtuns, the non pashtuns were where they were. Even Zahir Shah, his uncles and cousins(Naem, Dawood Khan, Hashim Khan etc) were delibarately blocking the building of roads and schools in non pashtun areas especially the hazara ones, because they didnt want to the others be educated.

The Ghilzais predominated in the 1960s afghan national army in fact. this was because the Ghilzais are 20% of the Afghan population, Pashtuns around 50% so they should be a majority in the Afghan Army. or are you anti-democracy?

ohh, here you go, that is another attept to put an innocent face on this thing, Pasutuns are around 40% and Tajiks are around 30%, no matter what the percentage of each group is, everybody should have a role in it. If i go by your logic, then the Pashuns of Pakistan also shouldnt have a place in Pak army, as Panjabis make around 50% and Pakhtuns make 15%. Uzbeks and Hazaras didnt have a single high rank officer, even low ranks, their job was Nafar Khidmat, nafar khidmat was someone who was a servant in an army officer's house, in other words, they were slaves to pashtuns, Tajiks were needed for their skills, and even so, they were not given the high rank posts, they were low level solders with no authority, if you dont call it discrimination, then god knows what it is.

that the tajiks had a higher literacy rate than pashtuns is proof they were not discriminated against in 1960s afghanistan. with higher literacy comes less army recruitment since people are less willing to fight. that would be another reason along with the ghilzais being probably a lot more martial in character than most other people.
well well well, if you want to build a proper army, then it needs to be a literate army, otherwise it will be a banch of illiterate and undisplined guys. Secondly, high rank officers especially need to be literate. And literacy rate among tajiks is because they have carried this thing among themselves hundreds of years or maybe thousands, they are naturally keen on skills and literacy, no matter you see many many prominant people among them over the centuries.

so youre again flinging the accusation of discrimination but not proving it. it is possible to prove anti pashtun discrimination by looking at any figures in afghanistan. currently tajiks are overrepresented even though they are a minority.
Tajiks are not minority, they are the second largest group in Afghanistan. If you prove the discrimination against pashtuns, i can prove the institutional discrimination against Tajiks and others right now. and currently tajiks are not over represented, they only have their share even less.

one needs only look at the afghanistan now to see evidence of tajik discrimination, from the army to the government.

prior to the present period the pashtuns were in power since they are the majority and the country is named Afghanistan not Tajikistan.

I cant believe you, Pashtuns are not majority, but the largest group in Afghanistan. Afhganistan only 150 years ago was not Afghanistan but Khorsaan, even the son of great Ahmad Shah Abdali Baba was calling himself the king of khorasan. Secondly, again if we go by your logic, Pakistan should be Panjabistan as Panjabis make most of the population.

history lesson needed here.

mongols entered southwest asia in 1200 AD. The pashtuns didnt just drop from the sky sometime after 1200 AD in real history.

its not like the indian claim to pakistani history (pakistanis appeared from nowhere in 1947).

the pashtuns certainly were a migrant group but undoutedly have been in the Afghan region for well over 2000 years.
And where did i say that they were droped from sky? Off course they were there, but an isolated group in suleman range mountains, in those day and time were irrelevant as i said before, but they existed, they were busy in their tribal life.

if massoud was a traitor that kept letting soviet columns through to allow fighting into the areas of eastern afghanistan then its no surprise that massoud was viewed as a target by the afghan militias that resisted the soviets without compromise. however supplying massoud was never a problem. he had enough weaponry to overrun andarab.

Keep on repeating, the supply lines were in the south and and east, andarab was not relevant, it was to the north west of Panjshir, and as i said, his area was having heavey winter, no matter what, he would have been traped without food and weapns, secondly, he did beat the soviets badly.

If we were to look at the before and after picture then we can easily understand why the people of Afghanistan are thankful to the US forces and optimistic about their future. The nation has long begun enjoying the normality of a free region while continually taking steps towards a brighter and prosperous future. The developments taking place today were simply unimaginable under the brutal dictatorship of the Taliban when the nation continued to crumble with no hope in sight. Today the nation continues to witness changes with a real hope in sight. The hard work of the US and NATO forces is making it possible for the people of Afghanistan to think positively regarding their future. The enemy has long lost control and Afghanistan’s infrastructure is being revitalized with new schools, factories along with many other constructional developments.

At the same time we are wary of the dangers that might surround this transitional period. We certainly do not want the enemy to feel like there is an opportunity for them to take the control back. To prevent any Taliban atrocities from recurring we will continue to assist ANA until they are fully capable of independently protecting the nation. At the moment everything is getting done according to the plan and like our President said; we do not plan on keeping our troops there a day longer than necessary.

CDR Bill Speaks
DET- United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command
I guess Afghan pplz wants to be independant of US thinking and planning ....they dont want no dictation or guidance from US or NATO....thats why their ordinary pplz fighting against the western occupant forces cuz they are going against the Islamic principles and implementing the masonic principles there. They are smuggling heroin out of the country to the US through the dead bodies of the American soldiers. Most of the American soldiers don't even know this business. What more we can expect from the Masonic pplz inside the US govt or within the Army . They holding total control on everything. I know many of the pplz within the US Army can't do anything cuz they need money for the living they don't want to be unemployed so thats why they have to keep their mouth shut for the sake of their job.....
I guess this amount of info shold be enough for this time about the techniques of the secret society controlling the world....ure govt , Army and whole of the European elites...:what:
but this/urz secret society is mistaken here in Afghanistan cuz there is another secret society their more powerful and secretive that nobody can even imagine about that.... and the war in Afghanistan is infact between the two of the secret societies...... the same thing which is the theme within the movie named "Electra" a war between good and evil.....now U have to find out what is good and what is evil....but all the times the "Evil" tries to decieve the innocent pplz in the clothes of good that is what is the source of existence of the evil....:smokin:

and if we ask the americans to leave the country at this moment, there will be again huge bloodshed and loss of civilians lives and civil war, as a result we not only lose all what we have achieved in the last decace, but it will be reveresed brutally and the country once again go nose diving with countless number of peopole losing their lives, so their stay is vital-not because we are in love, but because of necesity.

no offence dude, but as long as your internal rifts and war-lordization of your country (i.e. the status quo) prevails then i dont know exactly what "achievements" you are referring to

you guys can't even think beyond tribe or ethnicity and whether it was puppets or warlords, your leaders and the people they follow are their own worst enemies

by the way Ahmad --- "Pashtun nationalism" as far as Pakistan is concerned is barely even existent. It existed somewhat amongst a handful of them in 1970s especially but today Pakhtuns are well represented in Pakistan --afterall they are the 2nd largest ethnic group.

and unlike your people, we don't really focus obsessively on this silly ethnic business...that's garbage.

you should focus on issues that actually matter, I think.

Afghanistan will prosper when the people see eye-to-eye with eachother and stop their needless civil wars. Unite yourselves for a greater good.

People of Nengarhar, Laghman, Kunar, Khost, Wardag loves him, you can even find Massoud's photos in their homes and cars. The outsiders have sown the seed of disunity among us.
I totally agree with u bro! he was a great guy and devotee to his pplz..and his country .....If he didn't get killed the US would never dared to enter Afghanistan......US has a direct hand within his death through the CIA created Alqaida....:what:

I totally agree with u bro! he was a great guy and devotee to his pplz..and his country .....If he didn't get killed the US would never dared to enter Afghanistan......US has a direct hand within his death through the CIA created Alqaida....:what:

Yes, the ones who were with him is thought to had hands in his killing that's why only a few of Panjshiris become rich in one night, I had 3 visits of Panjshir last year I saw the people living there with very less resources they still use donkeys for transport however Fahim, Bismillah Khan etc.. are earning huge cash. Fahim is most hated person in Panjshir.

I cannot confirm whether that was possible for a single man to counter US decision of invading Afghanistan or not but Massoud's only wish was to rule Afghanistan one day.

by the way Ahmad --- "Pashtun nationalism" as far as Pakistan is concerned is barely even existent. It existed somewhat amongst a handful of them in 1970s especially but today Pakhtuns are well represented in Pakistan --afterall they are the 2nd largest ethnic group.

and unlike your people, we don't really focus obsessively on this silly ethnic business...that's garbage.

you should focus on issues that actually matter, I think.

Afghanistan will prosper when the people see eye-to-eye with eachother and stop their needless civil wars. Unite yourselves for a greater good.

when i said pashtun nationalism, i wasnt refering to Pakistani Pashtuns, i know them very well.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

however Fahim,

everybody hates that fat haram khor.

on subject, an immediate NATO withdrawal would be disastrous though their presence in Afghanistan is leading to no sound conclusion either........COIN is something NATO has little edge in; but then again there are a lot of armies our own included which have had to adapt on-the-job

is Afghanistan a safer and less unstable place today? Well, we'll have to wait and see. As long as there are ethnic divisions it will be difficult to represent the country as 1 leader.

it should also be remembered that it is very naive to think NATO would remove its footprint in Afghanistan...they will likely maintain bases in the country for some foreseeable future; but let's see what happens.

Why quote the opinions of the advisers as fact, conduct a referendum and do it openly.

Back
Top Bottom