What's new

Mosques around the world

i wish i had enough rights to attach a picture as i have a compilation of around 60 mosques (1 from each country).Nevetherless gr8 piks

Beautiful Mosque in Mazar e Sharif, Afghanistan

Mazar-e-Sharif-big.jpg

Why not show pictures of mosques from the flooded areas? In a few weeks they'll need to be cleaned out or rebuilt, so the pics could encourage donors.

slm2..Why not show pictures of mosques from the flooded areas? In a few weeks they'll need to be cleaned out or rebuilt, so the pics could encourage donors.

except for external donors, internal donors are already encouraged by seeing photographs of the people in flooded area first comes saving lives, next comes building homes and Masjids.

external donors are encouraged? I can see the reluctance but i did see how W. external donors wanted to give their share in haiti earth quake, strange and weird or maybe christians are the only humans.

Cheraman Juma Masjid is a mosque in Kodungallur in the Indian state of Kerala. Believed to be built in 629 AD by Malik Bin Deenar, it is considered as the oldest mosque in India, and the second oldest mosque in the world .

Constructed during the lifetime of Muhammad, the bodies of some of his original followers are said to be buried here. Unlike other mosques in Kerala that face westwards this mosque faces eastwards.

Cheraman_jumamasjid.JPG

There are a lot of technical errors in your post. It can't be the second oldest mosque in the world because the first few mosques were created in Makkah and Madina. In fact Madina where Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.W migrated and laid foundation of "Masjid Quba" later on Muslims build a Mosque of Prophet (Masjid-e-Nabawi) and a lot of other mosques found in Madina (i.e. Qiblatain)....... those days there were not many followers of Islam........ and Muslims had escaped from Makkah to seek refuge in Madina so there is no point in going to India those days when they were having a battle of their own survivals.

You said this mosque was build during the the time of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.W how is it possible? as the Muslims conquered Hind after the death of Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique R.A. (during the time of second caliph) and that too only a little part of today's Pakistan. Hind in fact was conquered during Hajjaj Bin Yousuf's era when Muhammad bin Qasim was dispatched to Sindh. So how did they build this mosque in the lifetime of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.W?

China's largest Mosque opens.
2010年8月6日正式启用沙甸新大清真寺

May i please know the name of this Mosque please? or more details about this mosque including its capacity and front pictures?

There are a lot of technical errors in your post. It can't be the second oldest mosque in the world because the first few mosques were created in Makkah and Madina. In fact Madina where Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.W migrated and laid foundation of "Masjid Quba" later on Muslims build a Mosque of Prophet (Masjid-e-Nabawi) and a lot of other mosques found in Madina (i.e. Qiblatain)....... those days there were not many followers of Islam........ and Muslims had escaped from Makkah to seek refuge in Madina so there is no point in going to India those days when they were having a battle of their own survivals.

You said this mosque was build during the the time of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.W how is it possible? as the Muslims conquered Hind after the death of Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique R.A. (during the time of second caliph) and that too only a little part of today's Pakistan. Hind in fact was conquered during Hajjaj Bin Yousuf's era when Muhammad bin Qasim was dispatched to Sindh. So how did they build this mosque in the lifetime of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.W?

Cheraman Juma Masjid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prophet Muhammad Born: 570
Died: 632

Malik Bin Deenar (found of this mosque died: 748CE or 131AH (Hijri)

Malik bin Deenar or Malik Ibn Dinar (died 748 CE or 131 AH)[1][2] was a Tabi‘in. He is mentioned as a reliable traditionist, transmitting from such author*ities as Malik ibn Anas and Ibn Sirin. He was the son of a Persian slave from Kabul who became a disciple of Hasan al-Basri.[3][4] He died at the age of ninety in Basra.

Indicating wrong claim that the mosque was built during Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.W life time? or was he not 90 years old or was the Islam already spread in Kerala during the lifetime of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W.W? wrong claim that is...........

Same is true for being second oldest mosque in the world as Madinah, Qubah, Qiblatain and many other mosquese in arab world had already been constructed? and for your reference Makkah is also a Mosque right?

Back
Top Bottom