What's new

Moscow airport bomb: suicide bombers were part of squad trained in Pakistan

the latest from BBC NEWS

27 January 2011 Last updated at 04:58 ET
Russia bombing: 'Islamist group suspected'

The bomb claimed the lives of 35 people, leaving another 116 wounded
Continue reading the main story Related storiesCan airports be better protected?Russian anti-terror tactics questionedMedia outraged by Moscow bombing
Bomb investigators believe a member of an Islamist group in southern Russia may be behind the Moscow airport attack in which 35 people died, reports say.

Russian media say a man named Razdobudko, from Stavropol on the edge of the northern Caucasus, either organised or carried out the attack.

The suspect is being linked to a 31 December explosion at a house in the centre of Moscow in which a woman died.

The authorities have made no official comment on their inquiry.

It is still not clear if a man or a woman was involved in Monday's attack in which a bomber detonated up to 7kg (15lb) of TNT at Domodedovo airport.

But Russian media say the suspect is being linked to Islamist group Nogai Jamaat [Nogai Battalion].

The woman who died in Moscow on New Year's Eve was found with the remains of a suicide belt, according to reports, and she was said to have been married to a militant from the group who was arrested last year.

BBC News - Russia bombing: 'Islamist group suspected'

Last edited:
Another cheap attempt by the Russians just like the last time.

Are there no places left in Russia for training such people ?? I bet there are many.

One should ask the Russians, how a person or group of persons reach Pakistan, get trained in Pakistan & then fly back to Russia and target their capital, without the intelligence agencies of Russia knowing about it, and after the bombing they come to know they came from Pakistan.

Easiest way to hide your own incompetency is being shown.

And as for the Indian audience, well no need to waste time on them as its expected out of them, they can't miss such chance.

Mr.TaimiKhan:

There is no official statement released about final investigation of blast but all earlier investigation links are connected with North Caucasian region, so there is a very organized misinformations released by western newspapers.

I checked all sources provided by thread starter but where the wrote a newspaper closed to FSB then these are all their western addition without any proof and rest of text is translated from Russian news.

there is links of top Russian information agencies newspapers updating situation over this investigation,

??????? ??????? ???? | ????? ???????? "??? ???????"

Èíòåðôàêñ

www.itar-tass.com/english/index.html

Íîâîñòè KP.RU Ïîñëåäíèå íîâîñòè Ðîññèè, Óêðàèíû è ìèðà, íîâîñòè øîó-áèçíåñà, áèçíåñ-íîâîñòè äíÿ // KP.RU (in Russian but you can translate from Google)

Ðîññèéñêàÿ Ãàçåòà (all official released authenticated. In Russian but you can translate from Google)

Last edited:
You Endians so Obsessed with ajtr

She also posts articles critical of Pakistan.

But it's fun to see the Indians blow a gasket because she holds up a mirror to their hypocrisy and deflates the carefully crafted balloon of Incredible India. :rofl:

It seems the Indian ego is so fragile, it can't handle criticism or introspection.

Brave lady.

Police probing some 10 suspects over Domodedovo blast - source

12:44 27/01/2011

Russian investigators have compiled a list of up to 10 possible suspects behind the deadly terrorist attack on Moscow's Domodedovo International Airport, a police source said.

"Currently the investigators...are confident that the evidence leads to the North Caucasus," the source said. "The suicide bomber, who detonated the bomb at the airport, came from there."

The Kommersant daily reported on Thursday that a police source close to the investigation had identified the first suspect behind the attack as a Russian resident of the southern Stavropol region.

The suspect, whose surname was revealed as Razdobudko, was allegedly a member of the Nogai Jamaat terrorist group, which was broken up in October, 2010, the paper said.

The source said Razdobudko could be one of the organizers or even a perpetrator of Monday's attack, which killed 35 people in the arrivals zone of Russia's biggest airport and injured over a hundred.

A Stavropol police source told RIA Novosti that local police had been informed of Razdobudko's involvement in the attack.

Stavropol region is one of the more peaceful areas of Russia's volatile North Caucasus region, although it shares a border with the republic of Dagestan, where terrorist attacks are common.

No group has yet taken responsibility for the attack, which comes less than 12 months after two female suicide bombers from the volatile North Caucasus struck the Moscow metro, killing dozens.

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday that preliminary information showed the Domodedovo blast was not linked to Russia's North Caucasus republic of Chechnya.

Police probing some 10 suspects over Domodedovo blast - source | Russia | RIA Novosti

more links

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20110127/162327092.html

Last edited:
She also posts articles critical of Pakistan.

But it's fun to see the Indians blow a gasket because she holds up a mirror to their hypocrisy and deflates the carefully crafted balloon of Incredible India. :rofl:

It seems the Indian ego is so fragile, it can't handle criticism or introspection.

Brave lady.

Really was that a retort of some kind or what??

Attention seeking mentality is good online but it could be very different in real world. Don't know if people who are so vocal here speak even half of what they say outside :undecided: I don't think so. Only anonymity gives u the requisite assurance of no consequences. That is the reason the term Internet Warrior or Key board warrior etc have come up. I hope u know what they mean??

Really was that a retort of some kind or what??

Attention seeking mentality is good online but it could be very different in real world. Don't know if people who are so vocal here speak even half of what they say outside :undecided: I don't think so. Only anonymity gives u the requisite assurance of no consequences. That is the reason the term Internet Warrior or Key board warrior etc have come up. I hope u know what they mean??

Whenever she posts something, people always attack her instead of the substance of her post.

That says it all.

Like I said, she also posts stuff critical of Pakistan, so I doubt she is Pakistani.

Whenever she posts something, people always attack her instead of the substance of her post.

That says it all.

Like I said, she also posts stuff critical of Pakistan, so I doubt she is Pakistani.

You have been here for a long time, say how many times did u see anybody from your country not just criticize wrong things but also make fun of everything Pakistani?? Also for topping of the cake takes the side of your rival that is India and says that u will lose to them the most important thing that is Kashmir??

Name me one person like that and i will accept our egos are really fragile.

You have been here for a long time, say how many times did u see anybody from your country not just criticize wrong things but also make fun of everything Pakistani?? Also for topping of the cake takes the side of your rival that is India and says that u will lose to them the most important thing that is Kashmir??

Name me one person like that and i will accept our egos are really fragile.

She is also critical of Pakistan.

All she is saying is that Kashmiris should decide their own fate, which seems reasonable, whether it is with Pakistan, India or independence.

Anyway, this thread is not about her. She can speak for herself.

She is also critical of Pakistan.

All she is saying is that Kashmiris should decide their own fate, which seems reasonable, whether it is with Pakistan, India or independence.

Anyway, this thread is not about her. She can speak for herself.

Very well then no problem. However my grouse was towards your comment about our ego thats it. So let us leave this here.

Look at these Indians, :( jumping up and down in joy at the sight of this thread and esp. the heading, Pakistan's involvement ohhhhh one Indian comes runing start the thread and other indians come rushing thanking him and posting comments like it's major victory for them. This attitude from these people should enough for us to see who our enemies are and what they want for us. Bastardss.

The last thing pakistan want is to face the anger of Russia. They are not as polite or diplomatic as US. If they found out that the attacks are indeed planted from pakistani soil then they gonna kick @ss without any consideration.

Thanks for the warning of @ss kicking, however i suggest you do not start jumping to conclusions and definitely do not daydream about a Russian/Pakistani conflict just yet.
So hold the pop corns and soda.

Needless to say it is definitely a thing Russia also does not want.
We have seen the polite and diplomatic Afghan war and its fallout, so clearly Russia will be extremely foolish to chase ghosts in Pakistan when it knows what is happening in Afghanistan which is actually closer to Russia and has a lot cooking in it.
Russia will not plan to become part of a conflict which has no time line of resolution.

Russia has a lot of trouble at the hands of the Chechen Forces as it is.
There is no direct link from Pakistan to Russia and i am sure Russians are aware of this fact which needs their serious consideration.

Suicide attacks in Russia is not a new thing they are facing such problems from last 20 years and suicide bombers are mostly Russian origin people like black widows.
Pakistan and Russia relations improving day by day both countries knows each other importance.

:pakistan: This will indeed be a very bad bummer for russo-pak relations.. but as far as i have researched, it is just a rumor that its a pakistani terrorist... besides, that should not matter, we are the ones suffering most from terrorists, and the ones fighting them with greatest sacrifice and commitment, so no one has the right to call us terrorists, specially indians who seem to blame pakistan for everything, even their own lame army's failure to secure its border. moral : stfu racists against pakistan, who are jealous... and that pak and india can live together :cheers: as long as they stop spreading these lame rumors, for the sake of india, for the sake of Pakistan!:hitwall: so all those saying wrong things about pakistan being at terrorist country can go **** themselves up the @**... !

" :sniper: to all the haters "

This is uncalled for even if we have diffrance of opinion we should be civilized.

As for the terrorist attacks and its links to pakistan, it goes back to era when the deadly cocktail of petro dollar/gulf funded extremism with the support of USA pakistan have created biggest numbers of extremist and terrorist against USSR. After it they applied same theory against India to harm us.

Now these same terrorists are targeting Pakistani Army, China, Iran, USA so now pakistan have realized it and working to eradicate these terrorists.

But the problem is:

a. The ideology can't be killed by bullet thus making it hard for Pakistani army to control and kill them.

b. Pakistan don't want to kill all the terrorists rather it still want to use them against India and Afghanistan.

Unless and until pakistan decides whole heatedly to end terrorist without any discrimination and their ideology, pakistan will be in news for uncomfortable news.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom