What's new

Mortars fired from Afghanistan: Pak security officials

A.Rafay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistani security officials today said that mortars were fired from the Afghan side of the border that killed a child and injured a woman and a child in the Bajaur tribal region.

"Terrorists fired a mortar round from Ganjgil Top on the Afghanistan side at 2:30 pm," a security official said.

The mortar hit a house in Hilal Khel village of Bajaur Agency, killing a child, he said. A child and a woman were also injured in the same area.

Security officials said Pakistan would lodge a protest with the Afghan government over the incident.
This was the latest incident of cross-border firing that has heightened tensions between Islamabad and Kabul.

Four civilians in a border village in Pakistan's South Waziristan Agency were killed in the firing from the Afghan side on November 12.

Mortars fired from Afghanistan: Pak security officials | Business Standard

Lets see how PA responds to this now and what is the opinion of Pro-hamas PDF'ers!

Lets see how PA responds to this now and what is the opinion of Pro-hamas PDF'ers!

Retaliatory fire will suffice. The solution lies with Karzai, not with Bombing ANA which will only increase hostilities.

I do not think Pakistan Should return Fire if this news is true. Never a good idea to Create hostility.

Retaliatory fire will suffice. The solution lies with Karzai, not with Bombing ANA which will only increase hostilities.

But on top of that someone should really analyze about how come and why this mortar is being fired? I really doubt that this will be any involvement of Afghan official Army because it does not make any sense to fight with Pakistan in border areas when there is not as such any ideological conflict between the 2 nations...So i feel that this may be the act of some non state actors who are just looking for reasons to create some flames all around...So Pakistan being a responsible and superior force between the two, is expected to react with much more responsibility...

A war has been declared by US, India, Israel & by corrupt Afghan Govt. against Pakistan. Sadly for us we are ruled by corrupt & incompetent politicians. I wish for a full Military rule or Martial Law to save Pakistan INSHAALLAH & I hope it happens very soon.

COAS was in Afghanistan today for a trilateral meeting between ISAF, Afghan forces and Pak forces. Maybe the issue got raised there.

COAS was in Afghanistan today for a trilateral meeting between ISAF, Afghan forces and Pak forces. Maybe the issue got raised there.

Why not civil regime take any ownership of Pakistan and its people?

Place a couple of 155MM batteries near the border and than dare them to fire these mortars again :)

Back
Top Bottom