What's new

Mortar shells from Iran land in Panjgur

Yes, Pakistan has right to strike back Iran...

But on the other hand our sectarian lover brother fail to see how Saudi has destroyed Pakistani bank in New York, lost billions of dollar business. Instead of talking sectarianism , talk about saving Pakistan.

First religious extremism lost thousands of Pakistani and billions of foreign investment. And now a destroyed bank.

SBP blames relations with Saudi bank for closure of HBL branch in New York

The committee was informed that the New York branch of Habib Bank (HBL) faced money-laundering charges and a fine, leading to its closure, mainly because of its business with Al Rajhi Bank of Saudi Arabia.

“To a large extent, business with Saudi Arabia’s Al Rajhi Bank was responsible for the downgrading and closure of the HBL branch,” SBP official Rizwan Haider said.

The committee was informed that decision-makers at HBL’s New York branch should not be blamed as the Saudi bank’s sudden downgrade was the source of the problem.

The committee was informed that the HBL branch had been operating in New York since 1978. In 2006, New York State’s banking regulator sought the bank’s compliance with regard to anti-money laundering (AML), suspicious activity reporting, suspicious transactions monitoring etc.

The branch received the “satisfactory” rating until 2011. It was downgraded to “marginal” in 2014 and “below satisfactory” in 2015.

Al Rajhi Bank also had a good standing with the Saudi regulator and was a major bank for remittances to Pakistan.

“This was the consideration of the HBL New York team while executing business with Al Rajhi... the decision to allow dollar clearance through the HBL New York branch was taken following due diligence in 2014 after JP Morgan closed the door on Al Rajhi for being a high-risk transaction bank,” the SBP official told the committee.

The committee was informed that some transactions of the bank were also restricted and management was asked to address deficiencies in AML compliance and clearing limitations.

Published in Dawn, October 5th, 2017
You conveniently forget that HBL is owned by Agha Khan, plus the Americans were warning HBL for the last three years!

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/hbl-money-laundering.515159/#post-9870136

View attachment 429572
QUETTA: As many as 12 mortar shells were fired from Iranian side that landed here at Panjgur on Wednesday.

So far, however, no causality or financial loss was reported. The fire of mortar shells in Pakistani territory created panic in the area.

Upon receiving information, local administration rushed to the spot immediately and started its relief activities.

It is worth mentioning here that rockets were fired into Pakistan territory from Iranian side even in the past as well, which killed many citizens and injured others.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2017/10/04/iran-fires-12-mortar-shells-into-pakistan/

@tps77 @BATMAN @chauvunist
:-\ And then people say that only Pakistan is responsible for this , I think they haven't learned through the shooting down of there drone.

They shell our area after every few months :mad:
We should have a joint patrol along the Iran-Pak border so that these incidents stop ....

It might be some terrorist from Iran fired mortar to Pakistan...What will be the fun in firing mortar to no man are by Iran?..Diplomatically, there is no gain for Iran to have a diff relation with Pak.

I feel, if you do joint patrol with Iran, things can be sorted out.

You conveniently forget that HBL is owned by Agha Khan, plus the Americans were warning HBL for the last three years!

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/hbl-money-laundering.515159/#post-9870136
I don't think its own by Agha Khan. It was split from HBL. Plus, bank was taking order from Nawaz and all Raji bank transaction were doubtful and coming from Nawaz steel mill in KSA. I know you understand Urdu very well, you need to watch " powerplay" by Arshad Shareef who blown the cover from this whole fiasco. And now poor journalist receiving life threats ..

Is this another justification to accept Iranian shelling?
did you read my statement. Why govt of Pakistan is silent ? due to repeated violations from Iran according to you. Iranian say, human smugglers and terrorist try to cross there border. And Pakistan has no security apparatus all along this border. Again, Pakistan army been repeatedly said, implement NCTA. But, if the govt who is not interested then what options left ? .
This just a view of thousands of mile dry land on both side of Pak-Iran. It's miscreants paradise..
upload_2017-10-7_10-33-43.jpeg

They shell our area after every few months :mad:
We should have a joint patrol along the Iran-Pak border so that these incidents stop ....

Army has plans to fence Iranian border and deploy some troops as well.
Since its an extra cost and process require time and agreement from Iran.
I believe, General Bajwa will be dropping this bombshell on Iranian mulla during his upcoming trip.

Why govt of Pakistan is silent ? due to repeated violations from Iran according to you. Iranian say, human smugglers and terrorist try to cross there border.

I like to here it from govt. of Pakistan more from ISPR.

This just a view of thousands of mile dry land on both side of Pak-Iran. It's miscreants paradise..

Looking at terrain, I can conveniently say its not paradise for miscreants, unless there is no border monitoring!
If there ever existed a wall there can't be miscreants and who are these alleged miscreants BTW?

Last but not least, I don't believe on border lines drawn by Google or land grabbed by IRGC in absence of Pak military.

People here are moaning about smugglers I agree are a problem fine okay we will need to deal with them

But what about Indians with Iranians passports running around committing terror in Pakistan ? So do we take blame for that too ? And all the other great Chabahar port success in its contributions against Pakistan !

Last edited:
or the cycle of external pressure continues..

first India at the LoC
then Afghanistan
now Iran

By the way did any other news agency reported this?

If all your neighbours are not in good terms with you, isn't it the time to introspect

upload_2017-10-7_10-33-43-jpeg.430023

seriously i checked all border with google map. in iran side there is road or something but in pak side there is nothing like 100% untouched land...
how could pak army monitor the border ?

Back
Top Bottom