What's new

Moroccan-Italian negotiations to acquire two Berghamini Italian FREEM SW and air defense frigates

Very true, but "indirectly" is the key word, here. And not just the Berghamini FREMMs, but also the French FREMM and it goes back to the Rafales which started everything. Once Egypt bought that jet after Dassault couldn't get a single deal done in over 10 years of having that aircraft, suddenly India's almost dead tender was immediately revived. Qatar bought 36 and now Greece with 18 and more to come including just sparking a lot of interest from many parties.

The same can be said about the Gowind Corvettes that the Egyptian Navy bought 4 of which 3 were built in Egypt and right after that, we saw all sorts of Gowinds of different classes being purchased by several states.

Several other examples but yes, Egypt has certainly opened the door for these manufacturers and now it seems like they've peaked the interest of all the other deals -- including the Rafale -- with the Berghamini. I think the value for the cost is certainly something that is of huge interest to all parties. I think they're priced very well and super competitively as well as being part of the Franco/Italian conglomerate of some of the best naval ship builders in the world and you have a great product that many are interested in. Egyptian unintentional "promoting" being a huge part of the equation.

Now we're just in high anticipation as to whether the Typhoons will be included in the mega deal that supposedly the two Egyptian Berghaminis were part of.
IF that deal goes through as it is supposed to (there were advanced negos, financing approvals..etc),, then we should see the Typhoons ..Hopefully 36 of them not only 24.. As for the Berghamini.. 2 more are confirmed .. another 2 should also be coming along with the Falaj class OPV / missile boats and the air trainers.. not to forget the military radar satellite ..it is a very important component of the deal..

Just 2 months ago :

https://www.tacticalreport.com/egyp...Gj359yTLU4w28XbLWlg2eBShMCDz6i1AtAriB1_oyoimQ

IF that deal goes through as it is supposed to (there were advanced negos, financing approvals..etc),, then we should see the Typhoons ..Hopefully 36 of them not only 24.. As for the Berghamini.. 2 more are confirmed .. another 2 should also be coming along with the Falaj class OPV / missile boats and the air trainers.. not to forget the military radar satellite ..it is a very important component of the deal..

Just 2 months ago :

https://www.tacticalreport.com/egyp...Gj359yTLU4w28XbLWlg2eBShMCDz6i1AtAriB1_oyoimQ

I wish it was easy to get a hold of that 311 page tactical report that sheds more light on the details of this deal. That would be fun to read.

One can only imagine what kind of language is in there, to cover all the necessary clauses & details and liabilities and deadlines and the description of the equipment itself and just the literature in general on a $12 billion deal that involves many different platforms and not just one or even two.

If it was a large and expensive deal for just aircraft, for example, or just frigates then it would be much less I would presume. But when it includes 4 + 2 possible Bergaminni FREMM frigates, 20 Falaj II OPV corvettes (which BTW look absolutely amazing and just like mini Gowinds 2500) along with possibly 24 or 36 Eurofighter Typhoons, 24 Aermacchi M-346 advanced trainers AND one military satellite, the contract and literature will most likely be much larger and a lot more complicated and take longer with the involvement of many lawyers and financial bank experts and politicians to produce a written piece of work that all parties involved would be happy with and would sign!!! Hard to imagine that size and scope of such a responsibility. The magnitude of something like this is frankly unfathomable.

The looks of these things is just terrific with the cone mast spinning radar cover! It really looks almost like a mini-Gowind.

1625967631305.png

BTW, can you shed some more light on where you got the possibility of maybe 36 Typhoons? Was it local or part of this literature that you have to buy? Thx, bro! 👍

I wish it was easy to get a hold of that 311 page tactical report that sheds more light on the details of this deal. That would be fun to read.

One can only imagine what kind of language is in there, to cover all the necessary clauses & details and liabilities and deadlines and the description of the equipment itself and just the literature in general on a $12 billion deal that involves many different platforms and not just one or even two.

If it was a large and expensive deal for just aircraft, for example, or just frigates then it would be much less I would presume. But when it includes 4 + 2 possible Bergaminni FREMM frigates, 20 Falaj II OPV corvettes (which BTW look absolutely amazing and just like mini Gowinds 2500) along with possibly 24 or 36 Eurofighter Typhoons, 24 Aermacchi M-346 advanced trainers AND one military satellite, the contract and literature will most likely be much larger and a lot more complicated and take longer with the involvement of many lawyers and financial bank experts and politicians to produce a written piece of work that all parties involved would be happy with and would sign!!! Hard to imagine that size and scope of such a responsibility. The magnitude of something like this is frankly unfathomable.

The looks of these things is just terrific with the cone mast spinning radar cover! It really looks almost like a mini-Gowind.

View attachment 761268

BTW, can you shed some more light on where you got the possibility of maybe 36 Typhoons? Was it local or part of this literature that you have to buy? Thx, bro! 👍
No bro.. that is just my liking.. it felt better than 24 to hold on.. 36 Typhoons fully armed ( or 24 +12 optional).. seem as a better deal if there is no more Typhoons to be procured after this deal.. but if there is more planned for the future then all for the best..as I very rarely state my likings..

You are absolutely right about how huge a task it is to finalize deals of this magnitude.. adding a lot of ToT on top of it.. like the Falaj class is supposed to be completely made in Egypt.. that takes special equipments and production lines to be procured too from the OM..

Last edited:
Very true, but "indirectly" is the key word, here. And not just the Berghamini FREMMs, but also the French FREMM and it goes back to the Rafales which started everything. Once Egypt bought that jet after Dassault couldn't get a single deal done in over 10 years of having that aircraft, suddenly India's almost dead tender was immediately revived. Qatar bought 36 and now Greece with 18 and more to come including just sparking a lot of interest from many parties.

The same can be said about the Gowind Corvettes that the Egyptian Navy bought 4 of which 3 were built in Egypt and right after that, we saw all sorts of Gowinds of different classes being purchased by several states.

Several other examples but yes, Egypt has certainly opened the door for these manufacturers and now it seems like they've peaked the interest of all the other deals -- including the Rafale -- with the Berghamini. I think the value for the cost is certainly something that is of huge interest to all parties. I think they're priced very well and super competitively as well as being part of the Franco/Italian conglomerate of some of the best naval ship builders in the world and you have a great product that many are interested in. Egyptian unintentional "promoting" being a huge part of the equation.

Now we're just in high anticipation as to whether the Typhoons will be included in the mega deal that supposedly the two Egyptian Berghaminis were part of.

Egypt should get reduction price on all next products due to the indirect promotions that took place

Morocco signs the Bergamini frigate contract

Morocco this week signed a contract with Italian shipyards Fincantieri to supply two FREMM frigates, as well as another Bergamini frigate, which is currently in service with the Italian Navy. Italian shipyards completed the signing of this deal shortly after more deals were signed for the purchase of these vessels by Indonesia and Egypt.

The Moroccan fleet operates ships similar to the FREMM and Bergamini but of French type. This fleet, which serves about 7,800 soldiers (including about 1,500 Marines), is one of the largest in the Middle East, operating more than 120 ships and about 17 aircraft including helicopters and aircraft. The Moroccan Navy is modern and up-to-date.

https://www.israeldefense.co.il/node/51155

Morocco signs the Bergamini frigate contract

Morocco this week signed a contract with Italian shipyards Fincantieri to supply two FREMM frigates, as well as another Bergamini frigate, which is currently in service with the Italian Navy. Italian shipyards completed the signing of this deal shortly after more deals were signed for the purchase of these vessels by Indonesia and Egypt.

The Moroccan fleet operates ships similar to the FREMM and Bergamini but of French type. This fleet, which serves about 7,800 soldiers (including about 1,500 Marines), is one of the largest in the Middle East, operating more than 120 ships and about 17 aircraft including helicopters and aircraft. The Moroccan Navy is modern and up-to-date.

https://www.israeldefense.co.il/node/51155

What the hell is that source mann? Hebrew langauge? By the way is this really official

It could also maybe be that they dropped the Typhoons in favor of just buying more Rafale's

Back
Top Bottom