Country
France
:azn:

IsyfoEf.jpg

8Fl1Tnr.jpg

UkRl8iM.jpg

SzeG4nl.jpg

1OSQrZy.jpg

Funds permitting, i would've loved to see these boats in Pakistan Navy.

Mmm, yeah, but I miss a couple of remote control cannon 20-30mm range.

Looks nice, but lack of Aster-30 is a serious weakness. Such a large ship needs something bigger than Aster-15 with only 30 km range, IMHO.

Looks nice, but lack of Aster-30 is a serious weakness. Such a large ship needs something bigger than Aster-15 with only 30 km range, IMHO.

@Gabriel92

Do you know whether the Moroccan's will go for the Sea Fire 500 radar and the Aster-30 once they're ready for the French FREMM?

If you compare this with e.g. Singapore's Formidable class, you see that nothing prevents the use of Aster 30 but for the Sylver launchers having sufficient length It would need Sylver A50 to accommodate both Aster 15 and 30. The shorter A43 can only accommodate Aster 15.This is one of the key differences between the French and Italian navy FREMMS. The Moroccan ship is apparently similar to the French anti-submarine version (A43/Aster 15). However, I don't think it would be too difficult to swap those out with A50's if needed. Or use the space reserved for additional VLu's for A50s
FREMM multipurpose frigate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Formidable-class frigate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom