What's new

More US whining; China to have 1000 nukes

DF-17 is in fact a DF-15 with its previous payload replaced i.e. RV replaced by HGV. HGV tech is the key. Different sizes of HGV can be mounted to rockets that best fit them, the entire DF-series are convertible. Say a HGV really big can be lifted by liquid-fuel DF-5, you may name the converted missile as "DF-6" or whatever.
3 megaton
Yes since decades ago, and that is a single warhead, and that is exactly the basis on which US advertise about China's stockpile: a few hundred high-yield warheads, zero MIRV/low-yield warhead, zero tactical warhead, zero neutron/EMP warhead. The advertisement is also decades old, wonder what the new ad looks like?

Last edited:
I dont believe China has only around 300 nukes. Not possible. Chinese arsenal is likely much larger.
Definitely much higher number than 400 reported but we want to keep estimate low so that US cant drag us into nuke number limitation treaty with them.

I dont believe China has only around 300 nukes. Not possible. Chinese arsenal is likely much larger.
Since China successfully developed thermonuclear tech in 1967, i.e. deployed 3.3 megaton single-warhead (for DF-5/5A), the US estimate follows the same script "China's stockpile: a few hundred high-yield warheads, zero MIRV/low-yield warhead, zero tactical warhead, zero neutron/EMP warhead ..."

US has been peddling the same story for decades.

Last edited:
Those "old fashion" silo-based ICBMs (e.g. DF-5 series) are not for 2nd strike doctrine, they take at least 30-45 min (liquid-fuel) from order to launch deeming them ineffective to react
At least some DF-5s (A variant and above) use a fuel ampoule - the rocket is fuelled in the factory and the tanks are sealed so the oxidizer doesn't corrode the turbomachinery. The rocket can sit fully fuelled in the silo for 10-15 years. Chinese launch on warning has always been limited by sensors.

At least some DF-5s (A variant and above) use a fuel ampoule - the rocket is fuelled in the factory and the tanks are sealed so the oxidizer doesn't corrode the turbomachinery. The rocket can sit fully fuelled in the silo for 10-15 years. Chinese launch on warning has always been limited by sensors.
If that's the case then great progress indeed, thanks for updating. About the sensors, orbital infra-red warning has been operational for some years, PLASSF is running at least two IR constellations now (and perhaps even Fenyun/风云), note that it's part of the ABM framework (which also includes land-based mid-course interceptor HQ-19, and sea-based HQ-26).

Last edited:
If that's the case then great progress indeed, thanks for updating. About the sensors, orbital infra-red warning has been operational for some years, and continue to develop, note that it's part of the ABM framework (which also includes land-based mid-course interception HQ-19, and sea-based HQ-26).
You're welcome. Good to see you back!

The game on steel industry is interesting: China began imposing 25% export tax on hi-value added steels, while drop import tax of low-value added steels (crude steel) to 0%.

Export tax? That's rare to me, seems like it's further fueling overseas inflation especially in countries where Chinese hi-value added steels are in large demand. On the other hand, relocating crude steel manufacturing to BRI countries is expected to pick up speed.

Also, just want to ask US, how many nukes does US have? How about Russia, Frence, UK?

Back
Top Bottom