What's new

More than 300 PAF Mirages & F-7s will be retired in future. A huge market indeed.

J-10C is the good option..
J-10C's per unit price will be between $ 45-50 millions if taken with TOT..
4 squadron of j-10C will cost near $ 3.5 billion..

Dear members, Pakistan Airforce is operating with mixed fleet of older and newer generation jets. Pakistani Mirages and F-7s comprises more than 300 in number which will be retired in a decade or more than a decade.

jf17_thunder.jpg

Pakistani_F-16.jpg

Pakistan Airforce have initial plan to induct 150 JF-17s of different blocks. Procurement of new Thunders & Vipers can surely fill the gap but still after that, the space for 150-200 fighter jets will be available in PAF inorder to maintain current number strength. JF-17 Thunder & F-16 Fighting Falcon are modern 4th Gen jets no doubt and are capable to protect aerial frontiers of Pakistan but in my personal and humble opinion, only 2 platforms cannot fulfill this job.

J-10a_zhas.png

Chinese_Su-27.JPG

Pakistan Airforce is testing and negotiating for new jets to replace its aging fleet and to counter the high tech procurement of adversary. Chinese whole J series with J-10, J-11, J-16, J-31 are all potent aircrafts and can be designed according to Pakistani requirements.

A9nkpkc.jpg

j-31_3_zhuhai.jpg

The main and common question of members of this forum is about availability of funds to procure 200 modern 4th Gen and 4.5th, 5th Gen jets. I think Pakistani government can arrange a 10 billion $ package for a decade long procurement plan. Payments can be arranged in 2 decades with a complete financial observation plan. Russian Su-35S is also a potential contender inorder to fill the gap of remaining 200 jets. But Except Russian and Chinese platforms, i am not observing any contender to join PAF in huge numbers.

7_04_09_784.JPG

Note: Its a personal opinion which can be debated but i don't know forums policy about personal opinions. I saw many other threads which are based on personal opinions that why i also wrote this one. Constructive and Positive debate from Pakistani members is expected :-)
The JF-17 is supposed to be a replacement for those planes..

The JF-17 is supposed to be a replacement for those planes..

You can't replace 300+ planes when you are building only 16 Jf-17 per year.

Pakistan will have to increase Jf-17 production line from 16 to 25 planes per year.
Also Surplus F-16 will be available from USA and Europe countries in next few years. These surplus F-16s can be upgraded, can add punch to depleted air force of Pakistan.
Pakistan's current economic situation doesn't allow Pakistan to spend 50-55 million for FC-20. Hopefully, Chinese will be willing to negotiate the price of FC-20 with Pakistan.

AoA

I would like to see PAF having

5 F-16 Sqns
3 Su-35 Sqns if available otherwise J-16
8 JF-17 Sqns
3 JH-7B Sqns

Regards

How true are the rumors that US is offering local production of F16s for the nuclear deal? If true then going for additional 150 F16s makes most sense.

You can't replace 300+ planes when you are building only 16 Jf-17 per year.

Pakistan will have to increase Jf-17 production line from 16 to 25 planes per year.
Also Surplus F-16 will be available from USA and Europe countries in next few years. These surplus F-16s can be upgraded, can add punch to depleted air force of Pakistan.
Pakistan's current economic situation doesn't allow Pakistan to spend 50-55 million for FC-20. Hopefully, Chinese will be willing to negotiate the price of FC-20 with Pakistan.

Did you know that China is also building some JF-17 for Pakistan? i guess not and soon the production line will reach 25 Planes per year as told by ACM.... as Pakistan already signed Deal to export JF-17

always think of Second hand Stuff and keep on looking for F-16's i mean come on now look for something new we cant just protect our air with F-16 and JF-17's how many do you think 2nd hand F-16's Pakistan would buy??... and yeah when the deal is signed the Payment of the jets is not given on the same day of the deal it's always given on given intervals of time (in installments) the Navy didn't signed 5 billion dollar deal of Submarine with China just like that this amount will be given in installments so don't tell me the budget and affordability issue here.

How true are the rumors that US is offering local production of F16s for the nuclear deal? If true then going for additional 150 F16s makes most sense.

LOL false news no Nuclear deal and no F-16 local production those 8 F-16 that US willing to Sell needs US Congress approval first ....

Who told you Pakistan is getting local Production of F-16? did he smoke something ??

guys paf should procure a 36 heavy planes ( eg su 35 j11d) which would cost around $3.4 billion and 42 j 10 c which would cost around only $1.6 billion
total add up would be around 5 billion dollars and while jft are adding a up paf will become one of the best air force
when su 35 was being offered the Russian was giving 12 plane per billion dollar means 3 billion for 36 but there would be more spare parts required so i gave .4 billion more for missile and spare parts
in the future paf fleet will
82 f 16
250 jfts
42 j10
36 su 35
total planes = 420
which will be enough to give a punch to indian airforce even with there fgfa as its rcs is only 0.5m2 which is more for a stealth plane and su 35 radar detects 0.01m2 at 90 km which means 0.5 m2 at 150 km fgfa having a good radar is useless because the missile integrated can only reached 150 km (of course the range is more but nobody fires it at max because at 75% missile range the missle has hit range of only 5-10%) so su 35 is ideal choice

JF-17 was designed to replace them.......but not on a one to one basis.

JF-17 was designed to replace them.......but not on a one to one basis.

ok if we are not gonna replace on one to one basis 150 JF-17 for 300 F-7 and mirages that means in Future we goonna most probably have

85-85 F-16 if new 8 gets US congress approval with some more 2nd hand F-16's (cause US is not giving us 12-14 F-16's which we already paid)
150 JF-17
and some 5th generation jets like 70 80 most probably that too after a decade when more then half of our F-16's are about to retire??

Su035 just a rumored deal

J-31 is far away no prototype of J-31 2.0 is out yet just few old J-31 prototypes
TAI TFX is in design phase

J-11D and J-10C would be a nice addition for both PAF and Navy
but i don't know what PAF is thinking right now
and doubt that Chinese will sell J-16 to Pakistan or Even J-20

8 new F-16 are coming which type not known yet...IF Congress approve the deal of 8 F-16....

But real question is who's gonna pay for 150 jets
150 old jets will be replaced by JF-17
who is gonna pay for 150 jets
PAF of course who else

36 SU-35s are not enough at least 80 should be acquired from Russia. 150 JFT are enough for PAF to raise 6 to 7 squadrons.

Total number of replaceable units...

AGING FLEET
Mirage III
Mirage V 82
F-7 186
A-5 55

Total 398

REPLACEMENTS
JF-17 I/II/III
95 (Because 55 JF-17 have replaced 55 A-5 III)
SU-35 S 80

Total 175

So if we remove 55 A-5 from replaceable units total we have 343 units and subtract it with the second total we will get the figure 168.

So we will need 168 more Jets to replace the aging fleet.

Back
Top Bottom