What's new

More revelations, KPK Government actually lost 4MW instead of adding any to system in its tenure

SBD-3

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The shockwaves of Chairman PEDO's resignations haven't abated that a new scandal has gripped the energy administration of the province. Instead of adding any MW to the system, PTI's administration has, on the contrary, lost 4MW from the generation grids. According to the senior officials of KPK that the power projects initiated by ANP's regime in 2007 added a cumulative 105 MW to national grid. On the contrary, the two projects completed in PTI's tenure (Ranolia and Machai ) are sitting idle as no transmission lines have been set up to connect the power stations to main grid. The idle power projects are costing provincial exchequer an amount of 40 Million per month. To add insult to injury, one of the active project of ANP's regime i.e. Rishon, producing 4MW, was damaged in the floods of 2015 and is now inactive and awaiting attention from provincial energy administration.
The sources say that the current CEO of PEDO, backed by Asad Umar, was hired violating the rules of recruitment. The Formal qualification required for CEO was that of engineering. However, the requirements were modified to have a general degree. The current CEO doesn't have any related work experience rather worked as manager finance in Abbot Labs and CFO at Engro Corporation. In addition, Durrani pointed this as a reason in his resignation letter to CM who accepted it just a day before the meeting of BoD thus adding to suspicions about his potential involvement.
Furthermore, one of the members of BoD stated that one of the tenders for a proposed 60MW project was accorded to a Chinese firm with no experience of constructing projects of such magnitude. The BoD advised the CEO to send a technical team to China for evaluations but the contract was awarded without the consent of the Board.The member further revealed that BoD forbade the PEDO management to issue 1.5 Billion to Lawai hyrdopower. However, the management wanted to issue the amount without audit to cover their commission A similar payment for 1.3 Billion was released to Ranolia's contractor without ensuring the work on the transmission lines, resulting in idle project.
It is also said that Durrani was against micro hydal porjects due to the inability of local communities to operate them on sustainable basis. On contacting the provincial minister for information, he told The News that he didn't have the details about the generation or about the capacity building of the communities running these projects
Source

Last edited:
So the news is fake? What if they are telling the truth?
No they are not. KPK has added more than 150 MW so far and it is going increase many folds since most of the microhydel plants are nearing their completion.

B.S.

KPK is the only province that has actually made effort to start power generation locally, and KPK's Micro Dams should be coming live now. Some are already live now and providing electricity to small villages. Second, KPK's Green Initiative is exemplary. I wish Punjab could implement it, where trees are being cut down at such a fast pace. Our Deputy Punjab Speaker has cut down acres and acres of Public Forest Land in Rajanpur, why is there no action against him by Showbaz Sharif?

Second, why doesn't Jang dare take up the case that despite Billions of Rupees wasted by the Federal Government why are we still suffering such severe loadshedding. Has any culprit been punished for the corruption in Nandipur Plant and LNG Deals? What happened to the Audit of Rs480 billion that Ishaq Dollar handed out to the IPP's, basically Mian Mansha without any audit. Jang or Geo cannot dare question their Masters about their corruption.

I am not amazed, federal govt spend trillions but only able to add 300MW in 4 fcvking years... I am really not amazed.

B.S.

KPK is the only province that has actually made effort to start power generation locally, and KPK's Micro Dams should be coming live now. Some are already live now and providing electricity to small villages. Second, KPK's Green Initiative is exemplary. I wish Punjab could implement it, where trees are being cut down at such a fast pace. Our Deputy Punjab Speaker has cut down acres and acres of Public Forest Land in Rajanpur, why is there no action against him by Showbaz Sharif?

Second, why doesn't Jang dare take up the case that despite Billions of Rupees wasted by the Federal Government why are we still suffering such severe loadshedding. Has any culprit been punished for the corruption in Nandipur Plant and LNG Deals? What happened to the Audit of Rs480 billion that Ishaq Dollar handed out to the IPP's, basically Mian Mansha without any audit. Jang or Geo cannot dare question their Masters about their corruption.
:lol:

I love the way Youthias furnish all sorts of excuses.

:lol:

And i love how the Jahil Uneducated Patwaris don't even consider corruption as an impediment to the development of the country. But than again, most likely you people are a product of that corrupt culture of rishwat khori.

Anyways, you answered exactly the way i thought you would. Hope you're enjoying the load shedding and extreme mehangai. :wave:

Typical Patwaris.....when you confront them with evidence and proof they start calling you names....

And i love how the Jahil Uneducated Patwaris don't even consider corruption as an impediment to the development of the country. But than again, most likely you people are a product of that corrupt culture of rishwat khori.

Anyways, you answered exactly the way i thought you would. Hope you're enjoying the load shedding and extreme mehangai. :wave:
:lol: If you have any iota of shame or sense, please provide us with anything that actually proves the above wrong.

Typical Patwaris.....when you confront them with evidence and proof they start calling you names....
Okey please provide any proof or evidence that the above mentioned is factually incorrect.

Tareen's intervention in KPK's BHUs
Source

Then take it from a person who knows about how Micro-dams work:

Micro-dams are usually not integrated with the National Grids of any nation. Their economics of scale serve to provide electricity to the nearest settlements.

Your not going to see a Microdam in Leitchfield Kentucky provide electricity to Washington DC.

B.S.

PM Nawaz Ordered for Audit of the Nandipur did anyone gave proof of Corruption? why didn't PTI which were about the Corruption went to Supreme Court? Like Asad Umer Claim that he had all the Proofs of Metro building In Islamabad the he original cost is 4 Billion rather then 48 billion But happened Nothing they only wave Papers on Media in reality they had nothing against them same like they didn't Find Nothing about LNG deal nor Nandipur.. PPP and PTI were the same people Ranting that Pakistan is buying LNG on $14 per mmbtu But later Found out it's actually was $5.35 per mmbtu (thand Par gai sbko sb k moun band) the Electricity is being given to Industry sector that's the Reason your Industry grew by 6.8% and you are not seeing protest by the people in this summer Season Like you saw in the Tenure of PPP
ask the Industry owners are they getting the Electricity or not ?

IF YOU HAVE THE PROOF Against Corruption go to Supreme Court

Punjab Is also Implementing it Punjab is making 1180 MW Bhikki Sheikhupura Combine power Plant will be completed in December 2017

13522684_1161878243876276_1280326282_n.jpg
13530418_1161878237209610_667919795_n.jpg

Punjab is Also Planting Plants
Plantation at Mitha tiwana Forest Khushab, Punjab

13487912_1159525460778221_949405564_n.jpg
13487930_1159525497444884_517534436_n.jpg
13510576_1159525510778216_1478360877_n.jpg
13515381_1159566557440778_2007981743_n.jpg

Punjab is also making small Hydel projects Pakpattan 2.82 MW small Hydro Project there are 9 more in different cities
13450060_881991115261921_3875915350026969812_n.jpg
13417539_881991221928577_83331915459755855_n.jpg

Then take it from a person who knows about how Micro-dams work:

Micro-dams are usually not integrated with the National Grids of any nation. Their economics of scale serve to provide electricity to the nearest settlements.

Your not going to see a Microdam in Leitchfield Kentucky provide electricity to Washington DC.
I think you missed the whole idea by confusing the hydal projects (~60MW) with micro hydal projects (~in KWs or <=1MW)
Durrani was against micro hydal porjects due to the inability of local communities to operate them on sustainable basis.
Micro generation projects are always local, not intended for national grid. Its about the capacity of local communities to keep them afloat for themselves rather than connecting them to national grid. Plus micro hydals in Pakistan especially in northern areas and KPK are mostly on run of the water from slops rather than the ones using micro-dams.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom