Bhai Zakir

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India

More Indian Special Forces To Face China

by James Dunnigan
May 13, 2013

The Indian Army is continuing to expand its airborne forces. The current ten battalions are to be being expanded by two. There are two types of Indian parachute battalions. Eight are special forces (formerly Para Commando) battalions.
That is, they are trained for operating against terrorists and irregulars in peacetime but are also trained to use parachutes and would do so in wartime as light infantry landed in enemy territory. The other four battalions are not trained as special forces and are just parachute infantry. The two new battalions will be parachute battalions (not special forces, at least not immediately). India will station the two new parachute battalions near the Chinese border, where more army and air force units are being moved to match the Chinese buildup there that has been going on for years.

The parachute battalions are but one component of Indian special operations troops, which is a very varied group. For example, the Special Protection Group personnel are assigned the task of protection for India's Prime Minister and VIPs from terrorist attacks. The elite MARCOS unit acts as India's Navy SEAL teams and performs special ops on the high seas.

The primary counter-terror unit in the country is the 15,000 man National Security Guards and the ones who have borne most of the responsibility for tackling India's persistent insurgent problems over the last couple of decades.

Over the last decade the army has formed a force of over 7,200 commandos so that each of the 359 infantry battalions in the army could have a twenty man Ghatak (commando) platoon. This gave each battalion some well-equipped shock troops.

There are also special police units. These are not just SWAT but trained and equipped for more complex commando operations. These police units, like most of the military special operators, spend a lot of time dealing with Islamic terrorists and political and ethnic rebels inside India.

More Indian Operators To Face China

This is what I am saying , these guys use the terrain to the advantage in case of Chinese invasion.

Does this also mean, that Chinese have already deployed their spec ops teams in the area.?

This is what I am saying , these guys use the terrain to the advantage in case of Chinese invasion.

Incase of a Chinese invasion these guys will be dropped behind enemy lines since they are airborne infantry and will hold the stratergic location(which will be planned) till the strike corps reach them.

Basically its a offensive move and not a defensive and shows that if attacked India wont be only defending like the last time.

I expect more, that is all!

Haha...i know how you are Abingdon but things cant be perfect mate.Indians generally are not interested in Defence news.For them saluting a soldier and appreciating their sacrifice is the best they can do.99.5% people in India dont know what a SF unit is until you say "COMMANDOOOO".

A common man is more interested in knowing more about Amitabh's health than the sacrifices the soldiers are giving each day.We Indians require a 26/11 to salute our soldiers.

Thanks to reporters like Rajeev Ranjan(who btw gets criticised a lot) we are getting to see all these cool videos and i generally dont complain seeing the whole scenario coz at the end of the day atleast they are doing something rather than covering Bollywood bullcrap news day and night.

When our soldiers came, Indian soldiers ran away. Now after the incident, Indians act tough again. Typical Indians. :lol:

When our soldiers came, Indian soldiers ran away. Now after the incident, Indians act tough again. Typical Indians. :lol:

One of the Typical Pakistanies, hiding behind someone's else flag.Are you really so ashamed of your flag ??

Does this also mean, that Chinese have already deployed their spec ops teams in the area.?

I don't think special ops are needed in this area in peace time. India has the ambition to attack China (see
20111020092448357.jpg
), but it lacks the military prowess. Sufficient border troops and good infrastructure is all we need. Deploying too many soldiers is just a waste of money.

In case of an Indian attack, the border can quickly be reinforced.

Back
Top Bottom