What's new

MOM has edge over Nasa’s MAVEN, say Isro scientists

Yap, the one rocket India is trying to develop, US had it in early 1960s. No countries should try to compare with US in space exploration, especially not India.
Ohh.. really and who should we compare to, the chinese who's mars mission refuse to go out of earth's atmosphere 2011.... Look who is talking.

One should compare itself with one who is ahead of him. Thats what we are doing. The only agency which is ahead of Isro is NASA, thats why the comparison.

Last edited:
Ohh.. really and who should we compare to, the chinese who's mars mission refuse to go out of earth's atmosphere 2011.... Look who is talking.

One should compare itself with one who is ahead of him. Thats what we are doing. The only agency which is ahead of Isro is NASA, thats why the comparison.

So is Russian space agency behind ISRO now? Would another Indian support this statement.

Also, China never had any Mars mission, they were using a Russian carrier rocket.

This artical is written by indian and trying to prove indian supremacy over Chinese space agency he is gone overboard.
Without realising truth uttering bs

Now now..I just showed the attitude of an International Newspaper...whoever the writer is,they published it.now don't say "Cunning Indians" wrote it.more like Reuters published it.. :lol:

but as for Mars Mission,the report stands.

They just said there are more chances of survival for MOM, didnt say an EDGE, whats wrong in that..the thread title is misleading in first place for everybody to jump into wrong conclusions.

The fact is that Indians are arrogant and presumptuous. Just because India had been successful so far in a trip that only US have been completely successful lately does not mean that India has to start comparing itself to US. It make me believe that India is always comparing with a country that is totally out of reach of its capability.

I was wishing India a successful flight to mars and bring back the photos. But I'm not so sure now with the arrogance of Indian media and it members here. Indians media might be out of control and we don't know how the Indian here will start blasting other countries.

You should read this gems from your chinese brothers.... then spit venom against India...lol....

There isn't an American warship that can take on Type 052D. I think when Type 052D is commissioned, the US navy would be put back to its place in the Pacific.
The Type 052D right now is equivalent to the Arleigh Burke Flight IIA, to say it can't be taken by any US warship is simply too exaggerated.

With more than 50 Chinese Aegis warships made by the Type 052D and the Type 055, then the USN should consider to withdraw back to the eastern Pacific Ocean.
Problem with Arleigh Burke is that it lacks decent anti ship weapons. Flight IIA downright has no anti ship missiles. Type 052D are armed with very potent Mach 5 and 500 km ranged vertically launched YJ-12 anti ship missiles. Type 052D would make mince meat out of Arleigh Burke.
J-15 is vastly superior to F/A-18E. 1 J-15 can destroy over 10 F/A-18E in 1 sortie.

America uses destroyers for anti air and carriers for anti ship. China, being the opposite, uses carriers for anti air and destroyers for anti ship.

"but the combat radius of the aircraft carrier is 1000km"

F/A-18E combat radius is only 722 km for anti ship.

Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One on one, the Type 052D has very powerful air defense and anti-ship systems, but the combat radius of the aircraft carrier is 1000km, thus it cannot be deterred by one single destroyer.

China now is technologically on par with the US in the destroyer, and it also catches up in the nuclear submarine, the only area we are now really lacking is the aircraft carrier.

We still have to build our own nuclear aircraft carrier to prove ourselves.

1926576.jpg

“MAVEN upon reaching the designated Mars orbit will have only one chance to enter the the orbit, and if it does not do so, that will be the end. But we have an additional opportunity. In case we reach on September 24, 2014 and we are not able to perform the orbit insertion maneuver, we will have another opportunity after three days of orbiting Mars,” said MoM project director, M Annadurai.

???? So MOM can still orbit Mars after 3 days of orbiting Mars ???? Please enlighten me.

While I try to avoid replying to trolls
I will respond you your query
The topic says MOM has a EDGE over MAVEN not the NASA not the American space program & certainly not the nuclear rover that is on mars
Please Read before you post I don't know why you are not able to read properly
Despite the fact that you are living in America

Because he is deliberately believe to go against India; false flag may be their, (I remember a story from school where one sheep drinking the water and wolf quarel with him to spoil water and kill him and eat)

I think its require to Justify the title, MOM has advantage over the delivery way of MAVEN, not sensors and other instruments.

However looking to the Nasa's track record MAVEN will definitely reach to the MARS

THis mission is not of NASA or US only, because these type mission increase the information for whole world.

"Lucky Peanuts", Almond, Badam, Kaju Anjir, to both Nasa and Isro.

You should read this gems from your chinese brothers.... then spit venom against India...lol....

True. There are several Chinese in here such as Hong Wu who brags too much. But you fail to see that most Indians here are Indian versions of Hong Wu with few exception. That is obvious from the posts.

I think its require to Justify the title, MOM has advantage over the delivery way of MAVEN, not sensors and other instruments.

However looking to the Nasa's track record MAVEN will definitely reach to the MARS

THis mission is not of NASA or US only, because these type mission increase the information for whole world.

"Lucky Peanuts", Almond, Badam, Kaju Anjir, to both Nasa and Isro.

Well, you are correct about this. The title is misleading. India is giving itself more chances to be successful. But US has this operation down and don't need to do things the Indian way.

The title sound as if MOM is more advanced than MAVEN, which is misleading.

Back
Top Bottom