What's new

MOM has edge over Nasa’s MAVEN, say Isro scientists

India using NASA tech and claiming it's better than NASA.

was it so necessary for you to earn 50 cents???

topic....

actually,it is true..by the way,we're waiting for tonight's Trans-mars injection...

Mangalyaan off earth’s influence area tonight - Hindustan Times

The Indian Space Research Organisation is gearing itself for the critical event of moving Mangalyaan out of the earth’s sphere of influence, a little after Saturday midnight.

The Trans-Mars Injection, as it is called, will slingshot Mangalyaan into its heliocentric orbit towards Mars.

“The 680 million km long interplanetary voyage begins with the mother of all slingshots, code-named Trans-Mars Injection scheduled for December 1 at 00:49 Hrs,” said a senior Isro scientist adding: “All systems have to be calibrated precisely and the burn time will also be slightly longer around 1300 seconds and will impart an incremental velocity of 648 metres per second consuming a fuel of 198kgs.”

The Facebook page on Isro Mars stated, “This voyage to Mars is achieved by a complex combination of navigation and propulsion technologies, governed by the gravity of Sun and Mars, and assisted by the 440 N Liquid engine. Further fine tuning of the trajectory is achieved using the Attitude and Orbit Control Thrusters during the Trajectory Correction manoeuvres planned en route.”

After the spacecraft moves out of Earth’s orbit, there could be some mid course corrections. It will move into the Mars orbit on September 24, 2014.

Let the chibots burn..best of luck ISRO....

Atleast 60 in the powerful rockets.

Yap, the one rocket India is trying to develop, US had it in early 1960s. No countries should try to compare with US in space exploration, especially not India.

20-30 years? Actually, the year when India first send someone to space, subtract that year by 1961 and that is how many years India is behind the US. So far, its 52 years.

Your bragging is so pathetic. No need to respond.

While I try to avoid replying to trolls
I will respond you your query
The topic says MOM has a EDGE over MAVEN not the NASA not the American space program & certainly not the nuclear rover that is on mars
Please Read before you post I don't know why you are not able to read properly
Despite the fact that you are living in America

Yap, the one rocket India is trying to develop, US had it in early 1960s. No countries should try to compare with US in space exploration, especially not India.
But sir I would like to take that from a real American, a real American from inside, not from a 9-post chinese/Anti Indian, 1-post US.

While I try to avoid replying to trolls
I will respond you your query
The topic says MOM has a EDGE over MAVEN not the NASA not the American space program & certainly not the nuclear rover that is on mars
Please Read before you post I don't know why you are not able to read properly
Despite the fact that you are living in America

Do you really believe that MOM has a edge over Maven? Check out this statement

" However, scientists associated with the MOM are confident that the orbit insertion maneuver process chosen is more reliable, when compared to the procedure followed by Nasa.

Annadurai said MAVEN will not have this opportunity, and is a huge advantage that MOM does, considering that a majority of earlier launched Mars missions failed during this stage. Russia, for instance, failed on its first 10 attempts, USA six times, while China is yet to enjoy success."

Nasa had done this many times. How many times had ISRO put anything into Mars orbit to make that claim? Is this attitude of boasting an Indian scientist or political community problem, or just a general Indian cultural problem. This is border line ridiculous from an official in ISRO and Americans would just have a good laughter on this boasting disease.

Do you really believe that MOM has a edge over Maven? Check out this statement
" However, scientists associated with the MOM are confident that the orbit insertion maneuver process chosen is more reliable, when compared to the procedure followed by Nasa.
Annadurai said MAVEN will not have this opportunity, and is a huge advantage that MOM does, considering that a majority of earlier launched Mars missions failed during this stage. Russia, for instance, failed on its first 10 attempts, USA six times, while China is yet to enjoy success."
Nasa had done this many times. How many times had ISRO put anything into Mars orbit to make that claim? Is this attitude of boasting an Indian scientist or political community problem, or just a general Indian cultural problem. This is border line ridiculous from an official in ISRO and Americans would just have a good laughter on this boasting disease.

comprehension problem.... :disagree: he just said that MOM will have a second chance to make entry into Mars orbit what Maven willn't have.stop diverting the thread will your BS,Chibot...

at other Indian members..

please avoid chibots as they'll destroy the thread.don't give any reply to them.

comprehension problem.... :disagree: he just said that MOM will have a second chance to make entry into Mars orbit what Maven willn't have.stop diverting the thread will your BS,Chibot...

at other Indian members..

please avoid chibots as they'll destroy the thread.don't give any reply to them.

A 2nd chance. You only need one chance if everything is calculated properly. But if you don't, you would fail no matter how many chances you have. Lets see if India is capable of putting the probe in the Mars orbit before declaring this process as "more advanced than NASA". you guys really now no shame.

A 2nd chance. You only need one chance if everything is calculated properly. But if you don't, you would fail no matter how many chances you have. Lets see if India is capable of putting the probe in the Mars orbit before declaring this process as "more advanced than NASA". you guys really now no shame.

a Chinese logic.. :big_boss:

you mean if we fail for the first time,we shouldn't try further and either crash our probe to Mars or let it go to the space without further trying as it is shameful that we didn't successfully placed our craft into Mars orbit in the first time.sort of Hara Kiri,right???

@Aeronaut
pls keep the trolls away

@WebMaster @Oscar

please,drive the trolls away...

Last edited:
Your bragging is so pathetic. No need to respond.

Simply because you can't face the truth and fact and you simply believe in text book fantasy. :) you can live with it. world has no danger of it. and your suggestion and knowledge is not required , attest when they don't back up with facts.

Simply because you can't face the truth and fact and you simply believe in text book fantasy. :) you can live with it. world has no danger of it. and your suggestion and knowledge is not required , attest when they don't back up with facts.

The fact is that Indians are arrogant and presumptuous. Just because India had been successful so far in a trip that only US have been completely successful lately does not mean that India has to start comparing itself to US. It make me believe that India is always comparing with a country that is totally out of reach of its capability.

I was wishing India a successful flight to mars and bring back the photos. But I'm not so sure now with the arrogance of Indian media and it members here. Indians media might be out of control and we don't know how the Indian here will start blasting other countries.

Its just a comparison on number of chances India will have. No need to make a huge fuss over it. Anything Indian scientist says, media agency make it a big deal.

The fact is that Indians are arrogant and presumptuous. Just because India had been successful so far in a trip that only US have been completely successful lately does not mean that India has to start comparing itself to US. It make me believe that India is always comparing with a country that is totally out of reach of its capability.

I was wishing India a successful flight to mars and bring back the photos. But I'm not so sure now with the arrogance of Indian media and it members here. Indians media might be out of control and we don't know how the Indian here will start blasting other countries.

Thats shows indian is the same league with US. What is the use of capability which it can't give the result. Only Indian single mission shows the world where water lies . where so far US along with China send so many moon missile only for photo operations and nothing for finding.

Well Indian is just replying to western media , low cost mission successful . success dose not depend on money n superior technology

"Although Nasa’s Mars Atmosphere and Volatile EvolutioN (MAVEN) was launched 13 days before Isro’s Mars Orbiter Misison (MOM), it is expected to reach Mars’ orbit on Septmber 21, 2014 three days before the MOM"

Maven was launched 13 days later than Isro's MOM, not before.
Well the Reporter is correct in saying 13 days before Isro's MOM because MOM will leave earth's orbit on 1st December for journey towards Mars while MAVEN had a direct launch towards Mars on 18th November

Back
Top Bottom