What's new

Mohmmad Amir a normal bowler who was good on that day, says Rohit Sharma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ishant is just 27 with 200 plus test wickets and still playing.Both of them already millionaire and successful businessmen too from the money they earned from cricket.So this is enough success for me.

You seem to have a weird criteria for a "successful" bowler. But both Ishant and Praveen are a crap bowler. Nothing changes that.

We shouldn't compare him to Wasim and the hype is a little too much. But justifiably so, Rohit is just being cocky. Don't pay much attention.

Agreed with not being compared with Wasim. But rohit has acted butthurt.

I slightly agree that amir just made come back and give him some time to prove himself instead of making him ride on high horses but it seem as if rohit is really frustrated over his fame and good bowling spell..come on dont be jealous and encourage him the way kohli did ..he is normal bowler but you dont behave abnormal:)

even junaid was enough when we played last series in india..remember?

[video]
[/video]

Last edited:
Although one spell is not enough, Amir has to prove a lot no doubt he is special and rohit is being jealous no wonder Indians can't produce fast bowlers. lol

yes he is a gd bowler but calling him best is a far fetched reallity and rohit sharma is one of the best batsman look at his odi record 3 double hundreds no one is even near him

I have seen Pak beef eating Wrestlers and Kabbadi players getting thrashed by Indians both in Commonwealth games and Asian Games,are you sure is it really a beef what they are eating,i have heard otherwise.

Jokes apart, being a non veg doesn't related to sports.

in those kabadi games pakistani wrestlers gave u nail biting competition have you seen pakistani arm wrestlers destroying indian opponents in seconds :D

must see at 1:44 sec :P you will love it

see how my friend from lahore destroying indian arm wrestlers by giving a smile :P btw he loves beef :lol:

in those kabadi games pakistani wrestlers
Arm wrestling :lol: a serious athlete won't even laugh, its barely a recognized national Game let alone recognized in SAG or Commonwealth.

Talk about medals in strength sports Kabbadi,Wrestling, Weightlifting,Boxing,Athletics in Commonwealth and Olympics heck even Sri Lanka is ahead of Pak in medal tally in recently concluded SA games.

P.S - Check the records

Last edited:
Hmmm worshipping single spell, where have i heard that before ? Yeah wahab riaz, and in last match against india he was given a mouthful by pakistani public ... lol. Who is to say that amir will not end up in same fate given the pakistani history lately ?

Btw good bowlers will perform on any given pitch in any part of the world. If he is performing good only on green tops then probably he is not so good really.
So if amir is a good bowler he should also be able to perform in inida, and against the batting legends like rohit sharma, dhawan and kohli on indian pitches too. Lets not even talk what raina and dhoni would do on indian pitches to amir ... lol.

Should be a exciting world cup after all.

I have always wondered howcome Pakistan produces so many high quality fast bowlers, but not as many batsman, where as India produces so many high quality batsman but not as many fast bowlers.

He is taunting. Will be fun to see the game.

I have always wondered howcome Pakistan produces so many high quality fast bowlers, but not as many batsman, where as India produces so many high quality batsman but not as many fast bowlers.
People grow up seeing batsmen and bowlers as their role models in India and Pakistan respectively.

ICC should Ban Bhumrao because of his illegal bowling action.

People grow up seeing batsmen and bowlers as their role models in India and Pakistan respectively.

That can't be right coz there are so many people in Pakistan that have idolized batsman like Dravid or Tendulkar or any other great batsman from around the world. And i am sure there would have been many in India that would have been crazy about fast bowlers that weren't Indian.

Rohit Sharma went on to shower praise on Jasprit Bumrah and urged the media to highlight the young Indian instead.
152 6
By: PTI | Kolkata | Updated: March 9, 2016 12:58 pm
mohammadamirap.jpg
Mohammad Amir rattled India with a fiery spell in their Asia Cup 2016 contest last month. (Source: AP)
He may have been bamboozled by Mohammad Amir’s toe crushing delivery but India opener Rohit Sharma on Tuesday expressed dismay over the hype around the Pakistani pacer and said the focus should be on Jasprit Bumrah instead.

The left-arm fast bowler made a dream comeback against arch rivals India, scalping 3/18, including that of the star opener.

“Just leave him… He’s just come (after the ban) and I don’t think we should go gaga about him. Let him perform for one more year and we will see whether he deserves so much. Woh koi… (I don’t want to use those words).

“He’s good but he needs to prove again and again. It’s not right to hype him so much after just one match. Not just for him or who are watching it, let him do it over and over again,” Sharma said.

The pacer, 23, is being compared with Pakistani legend Wasim Akram and Sharma said this was a bit too much.

“People are comparing him to Wasim Akram and all that. It’s wrong. Let him achieve some bit. Definitely he is got talent but aisa kuch nahin ki aake woh sabko uda hi deta hai (it’s not that he rips apart all line-ups). He’s just a normal bowler who was good on that day.”

Asked whether he had reservation against the return from ban of Amir, he said: “It’s none of my concern their politics their issues. I’m not interested. I’ve nothing to say on that.”

Sharma went on to shower praise on young pacer Bumrah and urged the media to highlight the young Indian instead.

“Instead of talking about Amir you should talk about Bumrah. He’s our Indian bowler and doing well. He’s a rare talent. He’s young. He’s got a long way ahead. The way he has started he will do something special.”

On his slinging action, Sharma said he’s very difficult to pick in the nets, something that reminded him of Lasith Malinga when he joined Mumbai Indians.

“He’s (Bumrah) an exception. He comes with a surprise, even the captain does not know. He’s got everything in his bank. What we saw in Asia Cup and in Australia he did pretty well. He’s got a good yorker, bouncer all what a modern day bowler needs. Only time will tell us where he will go.”

World record holder of highest ODI score, Sharma said people now ask him when he would score 300.

“I don’t change my preparation or skill work what people say. I know they will be talking. This is something I’ve learnt over the years. It will not change. It’s important that I stay in my space. To become the best possible I can.

“All those things should not reflect. This is India there’re a lot of expectation here. That’s fair enough. When will score 300? They have so much of passion for the game. I’ve no issues. It’s completely right. But they don’t need to understand it’s not possible to score in every game. There will be losses on the way, it’s sport you will win some and lose some.”

- See more at: ICC World T20: Mohmmad Amir a normal bowler who was good on that day, says Rohit Sharma | The Indian Express

Come on guys...This is called silly and immature statements....There is absolutely nothing wrong is paying respect the person who deserves it...I have seen Amir bowling in couple of matches after he is back....He is a real gem....Let us accept it....That does not discount the fact that Baruah is not a good bowler..Rather Baruah is still one of the bowler who is trying to cement his place in national side....

Why dont PCB uses its immense power to work against POOR BCCI.

Shiv Sena is doing the job for PCB by digging the Calcutta Pitch.

Extremism at its best, Indian Army is impotent to control the security matters.

Next time stand in front of Mirror and blame yourself for extremism instead of Pakistan.

Shiv Sena is doing the job for PCB by digging the Calcutta Pitch.

Extremism at its best, Indian Army is impotent to control the security matters.

Next time stand in front of Mirror and blame yourself for extremism instead of Pakistan.

Extremism is not even the topic of discussion here, i dunno how you got into it.
Cant blame you people living in pakistan, used to drones flying on your heads and people who have no remorse for doing things done in peshawar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom