What's new

Mohammed Shami swings back at haters, says wife’s dress not ‘un-Islamic’

But again, i will still stic to my point. If Islam stands of conservatism, then some one do not like to follow the princile, it is better they should change their path and find alternatives.
You only have to find an alternative when what you do hurts people? Why does he have to change his path or find an alternative. He is practising his religion and he loves his family.

No one is dying nor no one is getting killed because his wife doesn't wear a hijab. It amuses how people don't stand to fight but are content with changing their path and finding an alternative.

My mum dresses modestly and decently in hijab not like some one else's half naked pics so how about it, any material? :meeting:
How do you know that someone else don't dress modesty and decently. What authority or knowledge do you have to certify someone as modest. You certainly can't look past the hijab. Can you? Modesty comes with better thinking. Don't you think that women who wear hijab doesn't commit adultery? Your idea of modesty is limited to a peice of cloth.

Shami's wife dressed decently according to me? What do you think?

Most of the time i disagree with you...But i think if i rephrase your sentence correctly, you basically want that if someone like to be recognized as a Muslim, then they have to follow a certain path. If they choose it otherwise, then they should not pretend to be a Muslim...

If you are trying to say above statements, i think i agree with you. In a sense you are right. If Mr Shami knows fully well that Islam has some restriction which can not allow such kind of life style, then either he should change his religion or follow the code of conduct what Islam subscribes to. You can not be a hypocrite by saying you want to be a devout Muslim in one way but in other way, you do not subscribe to the life style.
That is very correctly put.

Or you can continue to be a Muslim and just not be an overly rigidly devout one.

I'll go with @Counterpunch on this one.
No @padamchen . I think you didn't get me correctly.

@Kaniska has set it out in a better way

Hmmm, sounds like a bond I once signed. Does not sound very Free Willy to me.
I edited the post. At work. Didn't complete what I wanted to write and it got sent by mistake :)

Anyways, good to have a rational and tolerant debate with you guys!

Most of the time i disagree with you...But i think if i rephrase your sentence correctly, you basically want that if someone like to be recognized as a Muslim, then they have to follow a certain path. If they choose it otherwise, then they should not pretend to be a Muslim...

If you are trying to say above statements, i think i agree with you. In a sense you are right. If Mr Shami knows fully well that Islam has some restriction which can not allow such kind of life style, then either he should change his religion or follow the code of conduct what Islam subscribes to. You can not be a hypocrite by saying you want to be a devout Muslim in one way but in other way, you do not subscribe to the life style.

And who are you to tell him what he should do?

The lady's bone structure is very wide which makes it look like she is exposing too much, when really you cannot even see her cleavage, also the arms are not covered which make it look like too much skin is on show.
I'm a girl and I do think that quite a bit of slin is showing and I would never dress like this because I never have and it would make me feel uncomfortable. But I certainly wouldn't tell others to dress a certain way or criticise them if her husband is okay with it, what are these losers on facebook are complaining about?

The lady's bone structure is very wide which makes it look like she is exposing too much, when really you cannot even see her cleavage, also the arms are not covered which make it look like too much skin is on show.
I'm a girl and I do think that quite a bit of slin is showing and I would never dress like this because I never have and it would make me feel uncomfortable. But I certainly wouldn't tell others to dress a certain way or criticise them if her husband is okay with it, what are these losers on facebook are complaining about?

She is a healthy eating Indian woman with a small kid.

Irfan Pathan
i think Irfan sort of self destructed his career by focusing on batting. he was a swing bowler who could bat decently and in the era he burst on to the scene India was so desperate for an all rounder that, Irfan was put under tremendous pressure to prove himself as next Kapil/Imran/Botham. He was none.
Had he remained focused on his bowling, he wouldn't have lost his pace and more importantly swing which was his primary skill.
i hope cricket managers remember his story while handling such prodigious talents in future too.

If one strictly go by each and every word on the book, no one in this world is a true Muslim (or a Hindu, or a christian for that matter). We need to pick and follow the basic tenets and leave the mundane ones/medieval ones open. There are certain must haves, and a lot of desirables in every religion. Love, compassion and devotion to god are must haves, for example. What to wear, what to eat are not important. It doesn't hurt to not follow such mundane decrees, it certainly does a lot of good to make the religion moderate and up with the changing times.

God up there is not sitting to constantly judge us. This is a very narrow interpretation of god.

i think Irfan sort of self destructed his career by focusing on batting. he was a swing bowler who could bat decently and in the era he burst on to the scene India was so desperate for an all rounder that, Irfan was put under tremendous pressure to prove himself as next Kapil/Imran/Botham. He was none.
Had he remained focused on his bowling, he wouldn't have lost his pace and more importantly swing which was his primary skill.
i hope cricket managers remember his story while handling such prodigious talents in future too.

Very beautifully put.

We were desperate. And we were hungry.

Too heavy expectations. Too big boots to fill.

Whenever I see @Zarvan comments on thread like this I picture him as

rageBoy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom