What's new

Mohammad Rizwan praying on NYC streets

For the poster only . Not all Indians and for sure not yourself
Some of the posters richly deserve it. I'm sick and tired of giving it to them. It's like mole whacking. Fun at first, a challenge a little later, a sickening chore after some time.

Some of the posters richly deserve it. I'm sick and tired of giving it to them. It's like mole whacking. Fun at first, a challenge a little later, a sickening chore after some time.

Joe, it’s an Indian problem.

If there were a thread regarding some Hindu festival in Pakistan, you wouldn’t even see the most rabid Islamist Pakistani being concerned. If they didn’t like it, they just wouldn’t comment.

On the other hand, Indians seems to hate anything related to Islam whether it be in India or outside. Bhartis seem to have a serious mental condition.

Free country mate
He could walk up & down naked without any problem
Maybe some wolf whistles & hello darling but that’s all , maybe one day you will experience how living in a free country feels like .

It’s freaking marvellous not passing judgment or being judged by strangers who have nothing better to do .

Shall I tell you what’s more concerning than rizwan praying on the sidewalk

Indians & Pakistanis fresh off the boat standing on the street and staring at people as if they’re aliens as if they’re eyes are daggers , staring right into your soul .
That is embarrassing at how backward uncultured & uncivilised you lot all are .

Nice beautiful day in London maybe I’ll pray on the pavement or maybe I’ll take off my shirt , trousers & shoes & go for a walk

Hmmm freedom is beautiful 🤩

It is deeply embarrassing to see the Indian flags that you display as part of your identification
I am a proud Indian. I don't mind your negative views about India. You are doing a fine job here.

I am a proud Indian. I don't mind your negative views about India. You are doing a fine job here.
I am a proud Indian too, but I don't take pride in those who disgrace us in public on every platform. It is these ugly characters that I find embarrassing, not India. The ugly Indian, not ugly India.

Last edited:
Maghrib prayer has short time window

Nothing wrong with this in the free world happens all over the world . Africa , Europe , USA , Australia Asia no one cares part from butt hurt Indian on PDF who thinks praying salaah at its correct time which is a commandment from Almighty God is show boating .

😂

Happens in U.K. also quite often . No one bats an eyelid as it’s worship of God
Lived in the UK all my life. Never seen anyone spontaneously praying on the pavement.

On the other hand, Indians seems to hate anything related to Islam whether it be in India or outside.
It is emphatically not all Indians. But on the other hand....

The horrible part is that after nine years of tacit encouragement, tempers are rising on both sides. Recently, in three dusty, dirty Maharashtra towns, some idiot had build a memorial to Tipu, and there was a rumpus about it, and the memorial was knocked down. At the same time, somebody wrote an aggressive Facebook thing about Aurangzeb, and the local hoods went to war. The police are still out in all three of those towns.

Things that were unthinkable even four or five years ago are now becoming more frequent. As the Sangh Parivar gets to understand that it is vulnerable, it is getting more and more desperate. Lives will be lost.

Pray for us.

Your thoughts on this? is Rizwan being a public nuisance? or do you support his right to pray anywhere he wants to show off his piousness for Allah in front of others?

No one here gives a shit, its nyc people as a general rule mind their own buisness, as most as he isn't bothering anyone, people don't care, some dude traveling by car, pulls to the side of the road and pray for 3-5 min is not an issue. We got homeless people here living on sidewalks and all sorts of weirdness happening, in that context, some dude praying my himself to the side is fairly benign.

there is a mosque on every street corner in any urban metro.

There isn't.

what message does that give others about his/her faith?

Thats the man is disciplined and no matter if he is busy, when the time comes, he attends to his religious obligations, makes some time and prays wherever he is.

it is no wonder most Muslim immigrants are ghettoized and don't do much outside of driving cabs, living on government assistance, or working as low level drones in Kebab shops or Halal food markets.

first off its not accurate, second off, good job now you expose your real prejudices on the matter. you are just using this man not bothering anyone and praying to the side to go off on a preconceived rant.

Last edited:
Its downtown manhattan, where is he going to find parking? should he drive looking for a parking garage? pay $50-60 minimum? even money aside, how much time does it take? compared to 2-3 min stepping to the side of the road praying 3 rakats quickly and being on your way?

They don't have to showcase it in front of the whole world, and how much of a difference does a few minutes take? religion is an affair between man and god, not some fashion label to show off to others.

You see outraged, are they breaking a law? who are you to determine what "showcasing" is? and why does that even matter? you keep saying a few minutes, you speak as someone who has never been to downtown manhattan, he is traveling in a car with people, where is he supposed to find parking? how much money will it cost? will you pay for his parking? does he need to hide his faith for your meaningless approval? man saw that it was maghrib pulled over to the side of the road, prayed 3 rakats probably look about 2-3 min max and was on his way, didn't bother anyone and minded his one business, on whose behalf are you getting upset? new yorkers don't care, who the fk are you to object?

Last edited:
That is one isolated incident of a bunch of lunatics, and even then you don't see consistent trends of Hindus praying on the streets or blocking traffic to pray.

I've seen plenty of instances of hindus during holi blocking streets and forcefully throwing paint at people who don't wish to participate, not to mention the pollution during diwali or hindu processions blocking streets and creating traffic jams. I visited Bombay during a procession and it was almost impossible to get around the city.

You seem to just have a strange antagonism towards muslims, and look for reasons to try to find new avenues to spread your bile.

You won't find much Sikhs or Christians praying on the streets

Idk about sikh religious practices in detail but I've seen Christian prayer circles in parks and in the open. No one ever had an issue.

they have the decency to keep their faith to themselves and pray behind closed doors.

none of the examples you mentioned of confessional communities have daily prescribed prayers at certain times of day, most people of those confessional communities likely don't even pray at all. Jews and muslims on the other hand do have prescribed prayers at certain times of the day, and observant members of those confessional communities take the time out of their day to meet their religious obligations.

No laws are being broken and no one is being disturbed, you being upset at the visible presence of others of a different confessional community is not a legitimate element. You are talking about "decency", you should have the decency to mind your own business. Idk how things work in India, maybe they didn't cover this with you on your H1 visa application or whenever you got off the proverbial boat, but this is America, you should learn to mind your own business.

Once I took my prayer stuff with a small pic of what i believe to pray but I was not allowed by the mulims to share the room.

you are undoubtably lying. but lets play along anyways? why didn't you go to HR? its a clear HR violation.

No your real antagonism here is that people don't follow the same routine as yourself, and take the time to pray daily at prescribed moments, and b/c they don't your routine, you seem to have some sort of strange antagonism towards them.

But it's usually used only my Muslims.

Thats b/c Muslims and Jews are the only ones with prescribed prayers during certain times of day. No one is stopping others from praying at certain times of day, it just so happens, that other don't have prescribed prayers or just really aren't all that religious.

Last edited:
I mean for crying out loud its NYC. I mean its better to pray in a Mosque or at your home than say on the sidewalk.

Yes, precisely its NYC, a place where no one gives a shit about anything around them as long as its not interfering with their affairs. MYOB is a central tenet in being a newyorker.

Sure it would be better to pray in a mosque, but which mosque? he is in a car with people, where is he supposed to park in downtown manhattan? how much time would it take to find parking? and how much money would it take for a parking garage? Whats faster? go aroudn driving looking for a parking garage pay the guy there, park then walk to the masjid then pray, then leave, then walk back to the garage, then wait in que to get the car out the garage. or.... 2-3 min on the side of the road pray 3 rakats fard quickly and then be on your way?

is he breaking any laws? no. and will the people be subsidizing his parking costs b/c it upset them at the is praying? i suspect not.

if someone stepped out of the car to stretch their back for 2-3 minutes, standing on a sidewalk, would anyone be upset? I suspect not, so the issue really isn't him being on the sidewalk is it? People should be more open about whats really upsetting them. lol

"Free country" doesn't mean one can yell fire in a crowded movie theater or call in bomb threats to elementary schools without repercussions.

ok? and where did this person in your original post do anything of this nature? You jsut created a BS strawman.

when I present alternative viewpoints.

you aren't presenting "alternative viewpoints" you are presenting thinly veiled bigotry in bait threads.

Secondly, the immigrants that come to America are the best of the best
If you bask your pride and worth in your job and annual salary, I can only feel pity for you.

You just contradicted yourself, you tried typecasting muslims in the US as poor or living in ghettos, and when someone pointed out that Arab Americans, Pakistani Americans, and Indonesians all outperform the median household income of the average American, now you try to deflect it as "pride" and bragging about salary. Its just a shameless type of dishonest argumentation on your part.

Some people make me sick.

sick why? b/c he is praying? is he bothering anyone? did he interfere with anyone?

Back
Top Bottom