What's new

Modi back stabs Putin again - Cancels 200 Russian Kamov Ka-226T helicopter deal

Indian LUH not comparable to Ka-226T. Ka-226T is very unique and has nothing comparable any where in the world. It has full modular design and can been used in dozens of use cases.

Indian Army knows this but Modi is a slave of the US.
Don't abuse modi please. He is pakistans best asset in new Delhi.
No one can f up India the way bjp can
india always use big number to fool others but now its getting over . they will say we need 180 rafales and then buy 36 .
The white man hasn't caught on to this

Seriously, the Ka-226 looks small and useless. How is it better than Dhruv? Maybe in term of price?

I think Dhruv is in a different weight class. India has successfully developed LUH in the same class as KA-226T.

But LUH is single engine, while KA-226T is dual engine. I think this entire requirement (i.e. replacing cheetah / cheetal) will be met with LUH, with small numbers of KA-226T.

BTW - it is a wise decision by Modi govt to go with LUH and small numbers of KA-226T.

I dont understand stuborness and resistance of Indian forces to induct home grown solutions. How will their home grown platform mature when even their own forces dont want to opt for them. These home grown solutions need to be chugged down by force.

My take on this - Indian defence production used to be (still is) dominated by defence PSUs. Those people are sons-in-law of govt of India, known for no-accountability; and various other issues with quality control etc. Hence, the defence forces are wary of dealing exclusively with defence PSUs.

However, things are changing gradually.

There are many videos where IAF & IN has openly criticized the work-culture of HAL etc. Essentially, HAL (and other defence PSUs deliver shoddy product, and that product becomes responsibility of the forces].

PS: One of my friend works at HAL, bangalore. He himself does not talk good about the company he works for.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom